Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey Bears 2019/2020 Team Info:

GM: Bryan Helmer
HC: Spencer Carbery
ACs: Patrick Wellar (D), Mike Eastwood (F), Alex Westlund (G)
Captains: TBA

Veterans (320+ AHL/NHL/European League Games Played): Mike Sgarbossa, Liam O'Brien, Erik Burgdoerfer, Matt Moulson, Casey Bailey (PTO)
Exempt Veterans (260-319 AHL/NHL/European League Games Played): None Currently Signed

Loosely Projected Lineups:

Snively-Sgarbossa-O'Brien
Moulson-Maillet-Leason
Gersich-Pilon-Pinho
AJF-Sutter-Malenstyn
X - Kessy, Whitney, McCarthy, Clark

Alexeyev-Lewington
Fehervary-Burgdoerfer
Johansen-Hobbs
X - Geisser, Nardella, Williams, Bindulis

Samsonov
Vanecek

South Carolina 2019/2020 Team Info:

Will update when I can deep dive into their signings and info

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
AHL Free Agents still Available (In order of my preference):
Matt Moulson (Signed with Da Bears)
Casey Bailey (Signed PTO with Da Bears)

Erik Condra (Signed with the Colorado Eagles)
Kalle Kossila (Signed with Toronto)
Kerby Rychel (Signed in Sweden)
Corey Tropp (Physical winger who put up great numbers the last three seasons in San Diego. 20 + 20 last season)
T.J. Hensick (AHL super veteran and probable AHL HOFer who's career PPG is at .9. 20 points in 23 games last year)
Hunter Shinkaruk (Signed with Charlotte Checkers)
Chris Conner (Signed with Binghamton Devils)

EDIT: Adding a few more names to the list
Wade Megan (Retired at age 29)
Eric Tangradi (Had a big drop off in production last year in NJ's organization. Had 31+33 the year before in Grand Rapids.)

Last edited:

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
@hb11xchamps Thank you for this thread!

My guess for the projected line-up:

(New player)-Sgarbossa-Leason
Snively-Maillet-Stephenson
Malenstyn-Pilon-Pinho
AJF-Sutter-O'Brien
Kessy, Whitney, Gersich

Fehervary - Lewington
Alexeyev - Burgdoerfer
Geisser - Hobbs
Johansen, Nardella, Williams

Copley
Vanecek

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
AHL Free Agents still Available (In order of my preference):
Matt Moulson (Just under a PPG the past two seasons. 28 goals last year in Ontario. Would be a tremendous add to help the young guns)
Erik Condra (Lots of NHL experience and a leader in the locker room.Had bounce back year in Texas with 20 + 34)
Kalle Kossila (.83 ppg the last three years in San Diego. Also has NHL experience)
Kerby Rychel (Former first rounder has bounced around a bit. 23 + 20 last season in Stockton)
Corey Tropp (Physical winger who put up great numbers the last three seasons in San Diego. 20 + 20 last season)
T.J. Hensick (AHL super veteran and probable AHL HOFer who's career PPG is at .9. 20 points in 23 games last year)
Hunter Shinkaruk (Had awful year on bad Laval team. Decent AHL numbers and plays with speed)
Chris Conner (Signed with Binghamton Devils)

Forgot how brutal Shinkaruk's career has been. 24OA pick in 2013 and has 1 NHL GP with 0 points. I remember some on here really wanting Shinkaruk but instead we took one Andre Burakovsky. 2013 was a terrible draft outside of like 8-10 players.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Forgot how brutal Shinkaruk's career has been. 24OA pick in 2013 and has 1 NHL GP with 0 points. I remember some on here really wanting Shinkaruk but instead we took one Andre Burakovsky. 2013 was a terrible draft outside of like 8-10 players.
Spoke about it in another thread, but there really were only like 5 guys drafted after Burakovsky in the entire 2013 draft that turned out better.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Spoke about it in another thread, but there really were only like 5 guys drafted after Burakovsky in the entire 2013 draft that turned out better.

Which five are better? Shea Theodore and Jake Guentzel are really the only ones I can think of from that draft who I'd take over Burky at this point.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Which five are better? Shea Theodore and Jake Guentzel are really the only ones I can think of from that draft who I'd take over Burky at this point.
Brett Pesce definitely.
Tyler Bertuzzi, Oliver Bjorkstrand, and Pavel Buchnevich aren't clear cut yet, but all had much stronger 2018-19 seasons than Burky.
Anthony Duclair is kinda a push with Burakovsky at this point. Potential there, but consistency not.

Reactions: Sam Spade

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
@hb11xchamps Thank you for this thread!

My guess for the projected line-up:

(New player)-Sgarbossa-Leason
Snively-Maillet-Stephenson
Malenstyn-Pilon-Pinho
AJF-Sutter-O'Brien
Kessy, Whitney, Gersich

Fehervary - Lewington
Alexeyev - Burgdoerfer
Geisser - Hobbs
Johansen, Nardella, Williams

Copley
Vanecek

Ummm...really? Can't see Gersich not being in the top 6 nor O'Brien not being in the top 9. And Johansen as an extra D? And Copley in Hershey with a $1 million salary?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That, or someone is getting traded.
That popped into my mind as well. I'd assume though that Washington would want their prospects playing ahead of him though. The one advantage Hershey/SC does have with AHL deals is that if the player gets sent to SC they are living in Charleston as opposed to say Wilkesbarre who sends their guys to Wheeling, West Virginia.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
That popped into my mind as well. I'd assume though that Washington would want their prospects playing ahead of him though. The one advantage Hershey/SC does have with AHL deals is that if the player gets sent to SC they are living in Charleston as opposed to say Wilkesbarre who sends their guys to Wheeling, West Virginia.
Wheeling is a nice little city. I’ve never had to live there, but I’ve stopped through on a couple road trips to the Midwest, but it was perfectly pleasant.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Wheeling is a nice little city. I’ve never had to live there, but I’ve stopped through on a couple road trips to the Midwest, but it was perfectly pleasant.
I've never been there but Paul Bissonnette always talks about his time in Wheeling on Spittin Chiclets and it doesn't sound very appealing. I'd assume hockey players would prefer Charleston if given the opportunity

Reactions: racingmoose

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Matt Moulson has pocketed ~$40mm (pre-tax) over the course of his hockey career. Dude must love the game because it certainly seems like he doesn't need the money and he doesn't need to be sitting on busses playing in AHL arenas at 35 years old.

Great signing for the Bears. They should be a ton of fun to watch this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad