Speculation: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2019-2020 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Having Gudas soon to be UFA and Jensen not up to par they will gather more info for summer decision if they wont play Fever too soon.

Also, having Fever as depth is valuable in itself.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Caps are set this year. Fever will come up if injuries, but no need for him right now in his development cycle. But I would love to trade Orlov in the offseason and free up $5.1M and make room for Fehevary and Alexeyv. And dump Jensen and sign Gudas and a FA top 4. We have killed it on finding value forwards and Kempny but we missed on Jensen. Happens.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
O’Brien completely changes the game. Gets mad and cross checks a dude infront of their bench. Gets a 5 and game. Belleville scores in the first minute than a dive that the refs bought gives them a 5v3 and they score again. 1-2 and Belleville has 5 shots on goal

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey ended up with 45,650 Bears in total to break their own world record from last year. The players were having a blast jumping into the piles of stuffed animals that were thrown on the ice and they ended up helping with clean up as well.

This was a sloppy, penalty riddled game. Lots of just lazy play leading to lazy penalties being called. The Bears really need to clean that up because their special teams play has been fairly brutal.

LuJo, Nardella and Williams are still out with various injuries. Geisser and Hobbs healthy scratches.

First PP unit was Fehervary, Djoos, Sgarbossa, Mailett and Moulson. Second PP unit was Alexeyev, Snively, Pilon, Leason and AJF.

Leason gets his first AHL goal and the game winner. Also pocketed 2 assists. I’ll have to go back and look at the score sheet again but wouldn’t be surprised if they are secondary assists because I don’t remember either :laugh:. His goal was a great follow up attempt from his initial shot. He had 3 points on the night but really didn’t stand out besides his OT winner (yes I know that sounds kind of crazy). Hopefully this opens the floodgates for him.

Top line RW Pilon for the night. He seems to be developing some chemistry with Sgarbossa and it’s paying off with increased ice time. Kid is just a solid hockey player all around and has great hockey IQ. You won’t find him out of position anywhere on the ice and puts in a consistent effort each night.

Pinho and Malenstyn also were solid as always. Great defensively responsible forwards who use their speed and skating to disrupt the oppositions top lines. Pinho’s work along the boards is a big part of his game and his forechecking is relentless.

First time seeing Kody Clark in person. Didn’t stand out good or bad but also had very limited ice time on the 4th line with Liam and Gersich. He has decent size and a prototypical power forward build.

Gersich scored tonight and ended up playing center on the 4th line. The goal was a big positive for him since he hasn’t really lived up to expectations. Overall, he seems to be getting lost in the shuffle now that all the forwards are starting to get healthy.

Fehervary QBed the 1st PP unit and logged a ton of PK minutes. I think it’s safe to assume the Caps long term plan for him is an all situations defender and he’s going to benefit logging these tough minutes in Hershey. I still think he could be a little more aggressive in the offensive zone. Still very impressive play for how young he is. Will be an NHL player in the near future.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Hershey ended up with 45,650 Bears in total to break their own world record from last year. The players were having a blast jumping into the piles of stuffed animals that were thrown on the ice and they ended up helping with clean up as well.

This was a sloppy, penalty riddled game. Lots of just lazy play leading to lazy penalties being called. The Bears really need to clean that up because their special teams play has been fairly brutal.

LuJo, Nardella and Williams are still out with various injuries. Geisser and Hobbs healthy scratches.

First PP unit was Fehervary, Djoos, Sgarbossa, Mailett and Moulson. Second PP unit was Alexeyev, Snively, Pilon, Leason and AJF.

Leason gets his first AHL goal and the game winner. Also pocketed 2 assists. I’ll have to go back and look at the score sheet again but wouldn’t be surprised if they are secondary assists because I don’t remember either :laugh:. His goal was a great follow up attempt from his initial shot. He had 3 points on the night but really didn’t stand out besides his OT winner (yes I know that sounds kind of crazy). Hopefully this opens the floodgates for him.

Top line RW Pilon for the night. He seems to be developing some chemistry with Sgarbossa and it’s paying off with increased ice time. Kid is just a solid hockey player all around and has great hockey IQ. You won’t find him out of position anywhere on the ice and puts in a consistent effort each night.

Pinho and Malenstyn also were solid as always. Great defensively responsible forwards who use their speed and skating to disrupt the oppositions top lines. Pinho’s work along the boards is a big part of his game and his forechecking is relentless.

First time seeing Kody Clark in person. Didn’t stand out good or bad but also had very limited ice time on the 4th line with Liam and Gersich. He has decent size and a prototypical power forward build.

Gersich scored tonight and ended up playing center on the 4th line. The goal was a big positive for him since he hasn’t really lived up to expectations. Overall, he seems to be getting lost in the shuffle now that all the forwards are starting to get healthy.

Fehervary QBed the 1st PP unit and logged a ton of PK minutes. I think it’s safe to assume the Caps long term plan for him is an all situations defender and he’s going to benefit logging these tough minutes in Hershey. I still think he could be a little more aggressive in the offensive zone. Still very impressive play for how young he is. Will be an NHL player in the near future.

Good breakdown of the game hb11! But the real question that we all really have is how many of those teddy bears did you get to throw?!?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Can you imagine how many times you get hit in the head by teddy bear if you are in the lower bowl? :laugh:
I made the mistake of getting mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce one year. Let's just say a bear decided to land directly on the tray, sending marinara sauce flying everywhere. To my defense, I thought I could finish them before the first goal. They ended up scoring very quickly that night. I don't make that mistake any more.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I made the mistake of getting mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce one year. Let's just say a bear decided to land directly on the tray, sending marinara sauce flying everywhere. To my defense, I thought I could finish them before the first goal. They ended up scoring very quickly that night. I don't make that mistake any more.

Bwahahaha.....I may need to take the family to that game next year to experience that once....the event, not the Marinara triple lindy....

Capagonia

Oct 20, 2009
VA
Just something to be aware of for those clamoring for Fehervary to be called up to the NHL. According to CapFriendly because of their ages if both he an Alexeyev play less than 10 NHL games this season their contracts will slide. That means if all goes according to plan with their development we could have two top 4 D still on their entry level deals for the 22-23 season. This would also be after the new TV deal kicks in which could cause the salary cap to exponentially rise. Depending on other contracts (should also have McMichael on 2nd or 3rd year of ELC on NHL roster, depending upon if he goes back to London next season) the Caps could be a serious player in free agency in the summer of 22. Would be a pretty nice situation to be in. If we want to remain competitive in the later years of the Ovi era and beyond, it’s a good move not only for their development but for the salary cap situation to let these two defenseman play in Hershey for the whole season. This could also help us to not have to go into a full rebuild once Ovi retires and can hopefully retool on the fly.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Makes sense, especially after Wittchow displayed he can provide exactly what Geisser does with more snarl to his game. This should have been the plan for Geisser from the get go with all the bodies already in the AHL

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Malenstyn served a 2 minute minor for a check to the head. Wouldn’t be surprised to see LV contact the league to take a look at the hit. He swung his elbow back on a reverse hit and caught the guy clean on the head and apparently the player was bleeding. Very surprised he wasn’t ejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad