Speculation: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2019-2020 Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Isles fan coming in peace. At the Sound Tigers-Bears game tonight. What’s the story on Martin Fehervary? Mobile defenseman, joins the rush a lot. Scored tonight while standing at the Tigers goal mouth. Terrific skater. Could he be a star in the making? He looks it tonight.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Isles fan coming in peace. At the Sound Tigers-Bears game tonight. What’s the story on Martin Fehervary? Mobile defenseman, joins the rush a lot. Scored tonight while standing at the Tigers goal mouth. Terrific skater. Could he be a star in the making? He looks it tonight.

Fever indeed looks like a star in the making. He could/should be in the NHL right now. Elite wheels....stands out big time.

Reactions: Sam Spade and MJF

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I thought he was easily the best player on the ice tonight for either team. The kid has some Paul Coffey in him. Capitals fans should be looking forward to seeing him in the red one day.

Fever indeed looks like a star in the making. He could/should be in the NHL right now. Elite wheels....stands out big time.

I really don't get what the hold up is? This isn't your grandfathers NHL, 19/20 year olds are playing on a ton of teams and are difference makers every night.

They have a player who stinks and a player who sort of stinks on the NHL club right now playing defense, Fehrevary should be in the NHL. And it can't be an ELC thing because that clock is ticking already.

Probably the only thing I haven't liked about MacLellen is this decision.

Reactions: MJF

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I really don't get what the hold up is? This isn't your grandfathers NHL, 19/20 year olds are playing on a ton of teams and are difference makers every night.

They have a player who stinks and a player who sort of stinks on the NHL club right now playing defense, Fehrevary should be in the NHL. And it can't be an ELC thing because that clock is ticking already.

I can name one of them for sure, who's the other one?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

The holdup is you let the kid grow and dominate for as long as you can before you throw him into the fire. He's played what, 20 NA pro games? Is he NHL able? Sure. Does that mean dropping him into one of the toughest schedules I've seen a team play in a long time against the fastest, strongest, most skilled players on the planet is the best thing for his development? No.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I would rate Fehrevary as more deserving than Siegenthaler and Jensen right now.

And that’s where your philosophy parts way with Reirden’s.

I think Fever is getting valuable experience in Hershey, but sure I’d love to have him here.

this whole situation is very Alzner-like in that we all know if the roster allowed for it, he would be here.

patience....

Reactions: Calicaps

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I dont mind letting Fehervary cook a little longer, but he has played against men in the SHL since he was 16. Granted the Swedish league isnt the NHL, but its decent competition against men much older than him.

The more concerning issue was the adjustment to the smaller rink, but seeing him at training camp and from what I'm reading here on his AHL play looks promising.

I dont think making the jump to the NHL right now is too big of a jump for Fever at 20. He'll need a batya though. Kempny?

But like I wrote, he can cook a little while longer.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
And that’s where your philosophy parts way with Reirden’s.

I think Fever is getting valuable experience in Hershey, but sure I’d love to have him here.

this whole situation is very Alzner-like in that we all know if the roster allowed for it, he would be here.

patience....
This. It's also the case that Fever plays a different game than either of 34 or 3, so he's not a one-for-one swap with either guy as far as the Caps' needs.

And beyond even that, if you have to rush a kid for cap reasons, who's development would you rather risk? Seigs or Fever? Obviously the org thinks Seigs is more ready for that challenge.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
There's also PK roles to take into consideration. Unless Fehervary absolutely forces the case, he's going to have to wait for an injury.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->