Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
While I've been critical of Torts, props to him on three counts tonight:
---Choosing to stay with Bob proved a great decision
---Balancing TOI for the forwards and thus keeping guys fresh in the third
---Keeping his cool and avoiding the blender while still making a couple of line adjustments and then staying with those changes

He made some good decisions and stayed disciplined behind the bench.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
The refs let them play tonight. The only penalties were those impossible not to call. My hope is this continues as the game had a good flow (even when not always flowing our way)
Charron and Jaonette. Nice reffs.

If we will get Steve Kozari next game we are f///ed.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

DEF

Oct 24, 2008
White Castle's
So the wife makes reservations for a dinner cruse in Tampa Bay a couple weeks ago and it justs happens to be tonight. After dinner I check the score and we're getting killed 3-0. Keep checking the score and the game ends just as we dock. Head for the parking garage just as hundreds of lightning fans are pouring out of Amale. Never saw so many sad faces in my life. It was glorious.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I had to.change it to the Fox Sports Oh broadcast after the first. The Pierre McGuire love fest was a little too much. If I want a homer broadcast, it might as well be for my team.
I watched two periods on USA and one on FoxSports/Sun (TB). I really liked the TB telecast as the broadcast team is excellent and the brighter lighting with an extra camera angle I liked. The only downfall was thru my Chromecast, there was a slight "lag" or motion blur with the puck.

Reactions: Jaxs

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
So. Whatever happens in Game 2, the Lightning can't take back home ice advantage. But, with the talent they have, and the level of confidence they have in themselves, a game 2 drubbing could turn this into train-going-downhill territory. If they win 4-0 or 5-0, everyone writes off game 1 as a total anomaly, the Lightning have stabilized, and it's off to the races.

The Jackets don't necessarily have to win Game 2, but they have to be competitive, or Game 1 means nothing.

DEF

Oct 24, 2008
White Castle's
Engblume was on the post game radio show and during the third period McGuire turned around to him and said "These guys are good.".

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I’m still hyped on Savvy’s beastly game. But 6:30 comes early so I need to lie here, stare at the ceiling and pretend to sleep while I rewatch the game in my head. Gnight.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Bad news: this series is over.

Good news: I leave for Portugal tomorrow morning and won't have to wake up at midnight every other night to watch the CBJ. I can sleep in til 5AM and watch the last half of the Vegas games.
Re-reading through the comments after the game. I'll see you Friday night at midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad