GDT: Here we go! | Jackets @ Lightning | Round 1, Game 1 | 7 pm, 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Torts not pulling Bob was huge. I wouldn't have let him go out for period 2 if I pulled the strings.

Is it possible that Bob has thrown the 1000 pound guerrilla off his back? If so, the Torts decision to leave him in could be a (post season) career changer.
Can't pull him after one... I was expecting a 5-0 Tampa lead after two then pull....

That didn't happen.... If we can play Trotz hockey we can beat them...

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Didn't get home until the 3rd, only listened to part of the 2nd. Fun to watch for sure. Next game....

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Can't pull him after one... I was expecting a 5-0 Tampa lead after two then pull....

That didn't happen.... If we can play Trotz hockey we can beat them...
Honestly if not for that goal line clear by Niti, he would’ve been pulled and no way we come back after 0-4.

Reactions: Robert

jacketsgeek

Gimme some bread , man!
Sep 30, 2007
Pickerington, OH
I was going to paste a bunch of quotes in here from the first period but, there were too many...

And this is for you Torts haters.
He ALWAYS preaches PATIENCE!

This team has played its worst games when they’ve panicked and tried to do too much or ‘make’ something happen or decided it was over after a bad period.

That’s a losers mindset.

Know who you are. Play your game. Stick with what you know works. Don’t be intimidated.

That is EXACTLY what won this game. Sure, they lost it for a few minutes but, they got it back.

Kudos to the leadership of this team. Fitting that Nicki gets the boat heading in the right direction!

Fortunately these guys don’t listen to you.
I wouldn’t want you on my team.

(I’m sure there were a couple of you who were level headed, I just didn’t get to your posts.)

I KNOW these guys can win. They apparently knew it too.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm not going to say that I expected that comeback, but I was thinking after the first period that I liked the system. They weren't trading odd-man rushes with the Lightning. The D were just pinching on zone play when the forwards could cover. And they were keeping the Lightning to the outside for the most part. I've hated the Jackets system going back to the Pens series two years ago, and this is the most confident I've been in the team since then.

I was definitely surprised that Bob stayed in net and very surprised he flipped the switch. Great call by Torts, I'd love to know what was said there, because Bob couldn't see anything before then. I don't know why Torts suddenly became a great coach.
Torts has a Stanley Cup.... 2004 with the very team he beat tonight...

Wake up majormajor…. Better yet.... drop a major... minormajor is better

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Maybe the boys ave finally found that balance of physical play and a skill game. Good on them for keeping with it. Kind of get vibes of past teams with the never say die attitude but a ridiculously higher skill level

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I don't think I do too much trash talking, and I wished you guys luck before the series started so don't attack me :laugh:. Good win though. Definitely a game that had my heart panicking. Look forward to next game. Bobrovsky was good down the stretch.
Bob sucked in the first period.... he was given a team "Code Red" (look it up) came back to play as the Vezina he can be....

Bobs a head case.... nuff said...

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The refs let them play tonight. The only penalties were those impossible not to call. My hope is this continues as the game had a good flow (even when not always flowing our way)

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Rangers fan here. Man, that shit gave me the chills. First Savard walks Hedman. Then Anderson goes into beast mode. Then Panarin makes one of the best passes I’ve ever seen to Jones, who buries it. But the best part was Torts’ face after their 4th goal hahaha gotta love it.

I’m not trying to bandwagon, and I know I should be rooting for the Lightning because of the condition on the pick we acquired from them, but I cannot stand Tampa. Also, I just miss the feeling of playoff hockey, and it’s awesome whenever something like this happens.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Out... best come from behind I've ever seen in playoff Jacket history.... BAR NONE base on President Trophy etc.

Bolts will be out for blood on Friday, not sure what they can do if we play our checking game and Bob is Vezina….

We can beat them twice!!!!!!!!! R

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Rangers fan here. Man, that **** gave me the chills. First Savard walks Hedman. Then Anderson goes into beast mode. Then Panarin makes one of the best passes I’ve ever seen to Jones, who buries it. But the best part was Torts’ face after their 4th goal hahaha gotta love it.

I’m not trying to bandwagon, and I know I should be rooting for the Lightning because of the condition on the pick we acquired from them, but I cannot stand Tampa. Also, I just miss the feeling of playoff hockey, and it’s awesome whenever something like this happens.
We got lucky.... Bolts will crush us in the next three....

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Rangers fan here. Man, that **** gave me the chills. First Savard walks Hedman. Then Anderson goes into beast mode. Then Panarin makes one of the best passes I’ve ever seen to Jones, who buries it. But the best part was Torts’ face after their 4th goal hahaha gotta love it.

You can bandwagon, you'll probably take Davidson from us in a month anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad