GDT: Here we go! | Jackets @ Lightning | Round 1, Game 1 | 7 pm, 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Surrounded by many non-hockey fans on my vacation...many converts last night, at least among those who stuck it out.
I had season and this current iteration of the Jackets done; it wasn’t just 0-3, they couldn’t move 10 feet in the D Zone, let alone get it out. And Bob looked frantic;
But they found their hands and feet, Bob decided “enough of this s***” and the biggest turnaround I’ve witnessed (at least for a team I was rooting for) put a W in the CBJ column- unfortunately the euphoria of last night has turned into realization this morning that they can (maybe should?) win this series. And that they have to do this 3 more times!!!!

There is always something angst-inducing about following the CBJ. I LOVE HOCKEY TODAY!

ThisIsMyAlibi

Fantilli&Werenski&Gaudreau&Laine&Johnson&Jiricek
Mar 16, 2010
Ohio
The boys were just totally flat and encumbered by the moment in the first period. Looked like an NCAA team playing olympians frankly. Stiff and worried to make a mistake that would end with a goal. The Bolts were skating freely and making uncontested passes. Then they settled in, started taking the body, Bob made a few crazy saves which seemed to spark something and then it got dirty.

If we keep it dirty and Bob keeps this up, I’ll just say it’s possible.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Walking into the office this morning..

giphy.gif

(yes I know we still have a long way to go, but no reason not to smile this morning)

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I couldn't watch a ton of this game (FML) but I wanted to call out, from what I saw, Tex looked impressive again.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I couldn't watch a ton of this game (FML) but I wanted to call out, from what I saw, Tex looked impressive again.

I was having trouble finding a working feed (or having issues with our internet) during stretches, but I read a bunch of posts about a chance Tex had but didn't score, maybe in the second? I searched Twitter a bit for it but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a clip?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I was having trouble finding a working feed (or having issues with our internet) during stretches, but I read a bunch of posts about a chance Tex had but didn't score, maybe in the second? I searched Twitter a bit for it but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a clip?
I wish that I did as I'd like to see it again. It was a glorious chance.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Have to wonder if Hedman is 100%, was out the prior 4 games.
Oh he absolutely wasnt and it was great for the Tampa fans talking shit. Laughing at comparing Jones to Hedman and also saying Jones was going to get walked all night long. Not only did Jones make up for his poor 1st period with the GWG, but Savy made Hedman his bitch with that move he put on him

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Oh he absolutely wasnt and it was great for the Tampa fans talking ****. Laughing at comparing Jones to Hedman and also saying Jones was going to get walked all night long. Not only did Jones make up for his poor 1st period with the GWG, but Savy made Hedman his ***** with that move he put on him
If he’s just normal injured then whatevs. If he’s playing with post-concussion stuff then he needs to stop, playoffs or no playoffs.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Great win last night. I was totally shocked that we came back and won. After going up 2 games to none last season, and then shitting the bed in the next 4, I am just not going to allow myself to get to excited about this. When we win 4 games, then I will be excited. Not trying to be a debbie downer, just trying to stay on an emotional even keel.

Anyway good night overall. Jackets win, Islanders beat the hated Pens, and my Western Conference favorites, the St. Louis Blues, won. Now tonight I want to see the Hurricanes begin the task of completely dismantling the Capitals.

Reactions: Forepar

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Aside from the Jones flub, all of our defenseman played damn good. Nutivaara, and Kukan, are so Underrated, and both havent come close to reaching their ceiling. If Murray somehow comes back this series, watch out .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I seem to remember it being late in the first period. Texier stripped the puck from some Lightning player at the right wall, just inside the Tampa blueline, and had a short breakaway coming from that angle. He shot forehand from close range, Vasi didn't give him much.

Reactions: MoeBartoli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad