Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Here it is.
ezgif-4-3c7d767ae9e3.gif

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Not sure what you can and cannot expect.

If Bob can play the way he was playing in period 2 and 3, anything can happen. Because I fully believe the Jackets can play with the Bolts if they get good goalie play.
Fair enough but I highly doubt the Lightning are going to play as poorly as they did in the 2nd and 3rd periods. I give a ton of credit to the BJs but the Lightning DID play poorly as well.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Fair enough but I highly doubt the Lightning are going to play as poorly as they did in the 2nd and 3rd periods. I give a ton of credit to the BJs but the Lightning DID play poorly as well.

I would say that while the Lightning did play better in the 1st, the game would have been much closer if Bob didn't suck in the 1st.

I don't think the Lightning were that much better at any point yesterday. Just Bob.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Fair enough, but the counter is that the Jackets played poorly in the first.

No one thinks all of a sudden things are gonna be great for the CBJ. But to win a game most gave you little chance to, and especially in that fashion, well, it could mean something.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I would say that while the Lightning did play better in the 1st, the game would have been much closer if Bob didn't suck in the 1st.

I don't think the Lightning were that much better at any point yesterday. Just Bob.
I agree with you there. I don't think there was a lot of difference in the quality of play in the 1st, outside of Bob being weak... but, in the second he made some HUGE saves that I think gave you guys a major boost. I guess I can concede that if he plays the rest of the series like the 2nd and 3rd.. we are in big trouble. I also think Vasy was uncharacteristically bad with the goals he gave up as well... either way, going to be a fun series.

Reactions: ClevelandJacketFan

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Tex is awesome. I have never seen a Jackets prospect come in and be this good this fast.

He was playing the boards and making really good checking plays.
Thats why I like playing guys right away. If you are a first round pick you should fit right in. He looks like he belongs in the nhl. As much as I would like him in Cleveland he is where he belongs. Compare his playing to Milano when he got called up. Night and day.

Reactions: Bobcat110

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
For over half the game - maybe 35 minutes - Torts adjusted the lines to:
19-95-13
9-18-28
42-71-77
38-17-20

Will Torts continue with these combos or start with the line groupings that began Game 1?

Last edited:
Reactions: We Want Ten

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
By the way... I usually defend Bobrovsky, and I'm of the opinion that he's been better in some of his recent playoff outings than people want to give him credit for. But I'm not showering him with praise for yesterday. People are saying "if Bob plays the way he did in periods 2 and 3 --" Really? He only had to make 16 saves in those two periods. Yeah, he had one that was spectacular pretty early in the second, and maybe another really good one or two after that, but the Jackets were playing so well in front of him that he really didn't have that much to do.

So if what you guys mean is "If Bobrovsky isn't worked any harder than he was," yeah, I'd say we have a great shot.

Reactions: CPTN71 and Toe Pick

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
By the way... I usually defend Bobrovsky, and I'm of the opinion that he's been better in some of his recent playoff outings than people want to give him credit for. But I'm not showering him with praise for yesterday. People are saying "if Bob plays the way he did in periods 2 and 3 --" Really? He only had to make 16 saves in those two periods. Yeah, he had one that was spectacular pretty early in the second, and maybe another really good one or two after that, but the Jackets were playing so well in front of him that he really didn't have that much to do.

So if what you guys mean is "If Bobrovsky isn't worked any harder than he was," yeah, I'd say we have a great shot.

I watched the highlights a few times, and some of those 16 saves were HUGE.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
19-94-13
9-18-28
19-71-77
38-17-20

Will Torts continue with these combos or start with the line groupings that began Game 1?
Moe, are you hangover? :D

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Congrats on an amazing comeback CBJ! Just don't allow yourselves to be fooled into believing the last two periods are what you can expect from here on out. Chances are excellent that no one is going to make Hedman their b**ch again in this series.

We Jackets fans don't count our chickens before they hatch, unlike many of your comrades on the mains. You're wasting your time advising us what to believe.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I watched the highlights a few times, and some of those 16 saves were HUGE.
Encouraging thing is that he gave up his normal 3, and this team can score. Been that way all season, our goaltending has been pretty average, with some periods of special. Showed some toughness in period 2, which was great to see.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
19-95-13
9-18-28
42-71-77
38-17-20

I think those were the lines for the entirety of periods 2 and 3. And they seemed to get very even minutes.

19-95-13
9-18-28

These combos also happen to be the top 6 I wanted after the trade deadline. I don't think they showed much last night, the goals came from elsewhere, but I like the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->