GDT: Here we go! | Jackets @ Lightning | Round 1, Game 1 | 7 pm, 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Pens fan coming in peace. Bad night for me, for sure, but wanted to congratulate you guys on one helluva win! Watched your game prior to mine then switched back and forth, what an incredible momentum swing. Honestly, I doubt I've ever pulled for CBJ before, but I will this series. Looks like the post TDL team is gelling nicely. Best of luck, this would be epic fashion to get your first franchise playoff series win!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think the Columbus Blue Jackets are now RESPECTED by the world!!!!!!!!! :)
Nah. They'll all say it was a fluke. If we win again, it'll be "Columbus was up 2-0 over Washington." If we win again, it'll be "what's wrong with the Lightning?" If we win again, it'll be "Columbus was my dark horse."

Last edited:

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Not sure we deserved that but holy **** what a ride. Bolts thought it would be easy after the 1st. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got absolutely obliterated on Friday...
I would. This team's confidence just grew and grew with every goal they scored - and shutting down a 4 minute power play

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Pens fan coming in peace. Bad night for me, for sure, but wanted to congratulate you guys on one helluva win! Watched your game prior to mine then switched back and forth, what an incredible momentum swing. Honestly, I doubt I've ever pulled for CBJ before, but I will this series. Looks like the post TDL team is gelling nicely. Best of luck, this would be epic fashion to get your first franchise playoff series win!
I so badly want the CBJ to play the Pens this year.

Reactions: Cowumbus

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
I just saw the boxscore... what do they do when Duchene, Atkinson and Panarin decide to start playing?:cool:

Now also take the 2nd game in Tampa!

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Caps fan here, that was one hell of a comeback to watch! Also a great performance by Bob to hang in there and come up big later in the game.

Reactions: Palm Tree

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
There were some plays that were not reflected on the scoresheet tonight that went noticed: Nuti’s save, Savard (OUTSTANDING game) driving the net on Anderson’s goal among them.

But some other critical plays that went unsung tonight: Foligno with the successful chip out of the defensive zone to lead to the Savard goal, Duchene blocking the attempted TB clear before Jones’s goal, Atkinson’s screen also on the Jones goal.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
After the penguins blow their series I think I will pull for you guys in Columbus. I usually pick a western team to root for, but the Blue Jackets team is just straight up fun to watch.

What a beautiful game to watch tonight. Congratulations Blue Jackets.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Just finished watching the game. Not gonna be able to sleep any time soon. I feel pretty comfortable saying that was Savard’s best game ever. Anderson was great, too, and Bob set the tone for the comeback with those huge second-period saves. Also probably didn’t hurt that Hedman played like he’d had his talent stolen by aliens, Space Jam-style.

Now bring on Game 2.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Nuti4Norris

Mar 3, 2019
Watching the game starting 2am local time from my phone while my girlfriend and our 8 months old boy sleeping in the same room.

I’d still say that Savards efforts were superior to me being able to not wake anyone up during the game.

Lets go Jackets, what a game

K33Z

May 14, 2009
What a crazy game and a (more than pleasant) surprise to win a playoff game after trailing by 3!

Reading this GDT was so much fun since most of us long time CBJ fans (even lurkers! - like me :laugh:) have rarely (or never, I don't remember any games like this one) experienced such a feeling : playing like classic jackets and then coming back to actually winning it through resilience, hard work and persistence!

The good old CBJ would of caved in and the wide-ranged emotions shown in the posts of the GDT - from anger, series over, to hope, astonishment, we got a chance to win, holy crap were leading, I have a 130 heart rate :laugh: post from someone, WE ACTUALLY WON really describes the feelings we've rarely experienced with this team - and to me, this is true entertainment, worth the 3 hours I spent watching the game and reading this GDT!

And so, at this late (or early) hour, I would like to thank the CBJ and you all, the posters, for this top notch entertainment this game has brought, to me at least and I hope to you all!

Oh, and this was just game one!!! Go kick some more ass, CBJs. Onto game two.

Reactions: Viqsi and RickS

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
That's a good start! Make the bolts scratch their heads and question themselves. Long road ahead but for an underdog they accomplished what they needed to do.
Hard work and focused play and see what happens.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just finished re-watching the 3rd period to make sure I hadn't fallen asleep and had the most wonderful dream. 18 seasons of Jackets lore wrapped up in one game. They suck. They are great.

Who knows what Friday will bring?

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad