Post-Game Talk: "Here we are! Rocked us like a Hurricane!" | Leafs lose 4-1 to Carolina

Destroyer100

Why all game when Kadri and Frattin are playing well all season and in this game to do you keep putting Kessel out on the powerplay. As a coach I don't care how much a player is getting payed if he isn't playing well and has not scored up to this point and i have better players like Kadri and Frattin etc that are playing well I will use them on the power play not Kessel. This is why everybody wonders why Toronto never does good anymore because they get bad coaching and they refuse to pick good players and refuse to use good players just because they are paying some guy 5 mill or something like that they feel they have to use him.

masyo88*

Based on the reactions in this thread and all the pro tanking posts you would think we're 1-8. Kessel will be fine soon, Gunnar and Komo need to replace Franson and Kostka. And no the forth line is not the problem. Stop saying that it's the forth lines fault that we lost this game. You guys are nuts.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Based on the reactions in this thread and all the pro tanking posts you would think we're 1-8. Kessel will be fine soon, Gunnar and Komo need to replace Franson and Kostka. And no the forth line is not the problem. Stop saying that it's the forth lines fault that we lost this game. You guys are nuts.

It happens after losses. You get used to it.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
ive never in my life seen such a sorry bunch of hockey players try and play hockey in my whole entire life.

they have lost 2 games in a row now! back to back games!

they have a guy who came out of nowhere thats playing 1st line defensive minutes. ive never even heard of this guy! why is he playing 1st line defensive minutes when ive never even heard of him before 9 games ago!!!???

why isn't kadri playing on the 1st line!?!?!? he's been our best player for 9 games now!!! thats almost 10 whole games!!!!

why hasn't phil kessel scored a goal yet!?!?!? why haven't we traded phil kessel for a young offensive 1st line player!?!?!!? 9 games and counting people!!!

Why no mention of Phaneuf?

As someone pointed out a few posts before yours, 1 point in 9 games from your #1 $6.5M D who plays 27+ minutes per game, including 5+ minutes per game on the PP, is dreadful.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Can't wait til this team is healthy again. I don't think this is a bad team, it will take some time to iron things out, but they can win some games. Reimer is playing well and the kids have been great. It's tough though when Lupul is injured and Gardiner is having a setback from his concussion while Carlyle keeps juggling the D pairings. They gotta fix some things, but hopefully once we're healthy we'll be okay.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Why no mention of Phaneuf?

As someone pointed out a few posts ago, 1 point in 9 games from your #1 $6.5M D who plays 27+ minutes per game, including 5+ minutes per game on the PP, is dreadful.

He needs to produce, but he isn't getting much support. Our PP has been god awful and we have a 27 year old AHLer playing his first season as his D/PP partner.

Defensively he's been okay, he has to shoulder a lot of the load. We need a solid #2 to play alongside him, or at least a real top 4 d-man, not Kostka.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Can't wait til this team is healthy again. I don't think this is a bad team, it will take some time to iron things out, but they can win some games. Reimer is playing well and the kids have been great. It's tough though when Lupul is injured and Gardiner is having a setback from his concussion while Carlyle keeps juggling the D pairings. They gotta fix some things, but hopefully once we're healthy we'll be okay.
The problem though is getting healthy. Not like we can do anything to prevent future injuries. Just have to hope we can get back to that point. Team has to find a way to win despite the injuries. People getting hurt all over after all.

In order to support that hope I propose that Phaneuf is no longer allowed to use his slapshot. How many guys can he take out before he tones it down. Not like he ever hits the net anyways.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
1 good period
then they get tired with lots of mental mistakes

they'll have to learn to hunker down when theyre tired
like double ot in the playoffs
send 1 man in and hang on

Maybe because Carlol shouldn't have a 4th line full of plugs so that you can play a 4 line game.....like the rest of the league.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Komisarek was a healthy scratch.

Phaneuf 25 min
Komisarek 20 min
Liles 20 min

...is a start.

Was he?

I thought he was injured.

I can't believe Carlisle would be dumb enough to dress Franson, Fraser and Holzer over Komisarek.

He has to be injured.

Unless they wanted to give exposure to those three for a big trade. :sarcasm:

ironrhcp

Jan 14, 2012
Markham Ont
least my boy Skins got 3pts. the lafs losing was expected. get rid of Dion, holzer, fraser, kostka, Mac. start playing riley, gardiner, gunnar, komi*, hamilton 4th line maclement takes macs spot. here comes the heat :) just my opinion cause.......we suck

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I was the first person to write the fire Wilson hire Carlyle thread. I do not like the amount he is juggling at all BUT...there must be reasons

A they are running internal try outs
B they are trying to tank
C he can't get the team under control
D they are looking to see who the want trade

Lines IMHO should be...

Komarov Kadri Kessel
JVR Grabs Kules
Mac Bozak Frats

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Iv really like komarovs physical game but their have been times when he has held kadri and frattin back offensively. Perhaps komarov would be better suited to the 4th line and clarke macarthur would be a better fit with kadri and frattin. Offense has struggled the past couple games and it might be time to shake up the lines.

I like what iv been seeing from riemer

lampshade*

Iv really like komarovs physical game but their have been times when he has held kadri and frattin back offensively. Perhaps komarov would be better suited to the 4th line and clarke macarthur would be a better fit with kadri and frattin. Offense has struggled the past couple games and it might be time to shake up the lines.

I like what iv been seeing from riemer

With Kessels contribution so far this year, I think it would be beneficial for him to have a game shadowing Komarov. He would learn what the corners look like, he could also learn how to stop and start. If he's feeling really frisky he may even follow Komorov to the front of the net, into a bit of traffic. Kessels beard makes him look like a Mennonite.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
With Kessels contribution so far this year, I think it would be beneficial for him to have a game shadowing Komarov. He would learn what the corners look like, he could also learn how to stop and start. If he's feeling really frisky he may even follow Komorov to the front of the net, into a bit of traffic. Kessels beard makes him look like a Mennonite.

I think as leaf fans, well be a whole lot happier when we stop expecting players to be something they're not. Not every player in the NHL goes into the corners every night. Very few take up residence in front of the net.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
To bad what you are saying isn't even close to being true.

Which part? Let's look at some of the best teams in the league right now. Thornton is the only one on Boston playing under 5 minutes. Everyone else is over 10. Everybody on San Jose plays over 9. Chicago has Mayers and Bollig who don't play every game, everyone else plays over 10. Tampa has Labrie under 5 minutes but he only played one game. Everybody plays over 8 minutes on Pittsburgh. The team that just beat us has Westgarth under 5, everyone else over 9. Everyone on Montreal plays over 9 minutes. Should I keep going?

InterceptSchenn

Good Evening MrFrost
Jan 15, 2012
Montreal
Which part? Let's look at some of the best teams in the league right now. Thornton is the only one on Boston playing under 5 minutes. Everyone else is over 10. Everybody on San Jose plays over 9. Chicago has Mayers and Bollig who don't play every game, everyone else plays over 10. Tampa has Labrie under 5 minutes but he only played one game. Everybody plays over 8 minutes on Pittsburgh. The team that just beat us has Westgarth under 5, everyone else over 9. Everyone on Montreal plays over 9 minutes. Should I keep going?

eueyeuheyeh honestly!

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Honestly.

This team needs some MAJOR defensive help... We have a solid forward core.

Lets move kessel to nashville for Blum, R.Ellis, and a 1st rounder.

We can move phaneuf if we continue to freefall.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
He needs to produce, but he isn't getting much support. Our PP has been god awful and we have a 27 year old AHLer playing his first season as his D/PP partner.

Defensively he's been okay, he has to shoulder a lot of the load. We need a solid #2 to play alongside him, or at least a real top 4 d-man, not Kostka.

Kostka looks decent (PP needs work, yeah), but definitely not a guy you want out there facing top line players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad