Post-Game Talk: "Here we are! Rocked us like a Hurricane!" | Leafs lose 4-1 to Carolina

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I was at the game, couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Your team is one game under .500 and it's not like you're getting blown out at home either and you're chanting that? Pathetic.

Honestly I think it's more to do with watching this product and it being so difficult to care for something that doesn't care for you- Unrequited Love, story of a Leaf fan.

pdmuck

Feb 23, 2009
Massachusetts
I don't blame Leaf fans one bit for their frustration and there is nothing wrong with the Blue Jays chant. It's been such a prolonged period of failure that they are well within their bounds to voice their displeasure. If anything, Leaf fans have been too polite and too patient. As someone outside the GTA, I often get the visitor's broadcasts of Leaf games and many, many times the visiting broadcast crew comment about how quiet the ACC is. I think its time fans got a little more into it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't blame Leaf fans one bit for their frustration and there is nothing wrong with the Blue Jays chant. It's been such a prolonged period of failure that they are well within their bounds to voice their displeasure. If anything, Leaf fans have been too polite and too patient. As someone outside the GTA, I often get the visitor's broadcasts of Leaf games and many, many times the visiting broadcast crew comment about how quiet the ACC is. I think its time fans got a little more into it.

For the fans to get into it, the players have to show up.

Leaf fans being quiet is a direct result of the team sucking donkey balls.

When the team shows up and actually win at home, the ACC can keep up with the rest of them. Once there's consistent winning going, the place will be buzzing.

pdmuck

Feb 23, 2009
Massachusetts
For the fans to get into it, the players have to show up.

Leaf fans being quiet is a direct result of the team sucking donkey balls.

When the team shows up and actually win at home, the ACC can keep up with the rest of them. Once there's consistent winning going, the place will be buzzing.

I agree with you...and I also think it's ok, when it's late in the third period in a game where the effort is lackluster, the decision-making questionable and the mistakes are piling up, that's it's ok for fans to voice their discontent, and the Blue Jays chant is actually a pretty polite and humourous way to do it.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
Perry has a decent chance of coming here if he reaches UFA because of his family. If Getzlaf reaches UFA also, I would throw $15 to $16 mil at the pair.

lol when the last time a Canadian born star player drafted by an American team came back to Canada when he hit UFA status?

I'll give you a hint: It was almost half a decade before Y2K hit! lmfao

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Question for anyone at the game:

Apparently my buddy was on the kiss cam and he ditched his girlfriend lol. Can anyone tell me what exactly went down?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Question for anyone at the game:

Apparently my buddy was on the kiss cam and he ditched his girlfriend lol. Can anyone tell me what exactly went down?

Not sure if this was your buddy but one guy went down on one knee as if to propose then jumped back up laughing to show he was joking. The girl didn't look too impressed with being made to look foolish. I'd bet she ditched him.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Not sure if this was your buddy but one guy went down on one knee as if to propose then jumped back up laughing to show he was joking. The girl didn't look too impressed with being made to look foolish. I'd bet she ditched him.

Yeah that's him LOL

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
lol when the last time a Canadian born star player drafted by an American team came back to Canada when he hit UFA status?

I'll give you a hint: It was almost half a decade before Y2K hit! lmfao

Perry spent the entire lockout with his family here in Ontario. I say if he hits UFA, there's a chance at him, we'll have to most likely overpay to get him. He's won a Cup with Carlyle as his coach, so who knows; Richards went to the Rangers because he won a Cup with Torts and knows his coaching style.

I didn't know you could predict the future by looking at the past.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Perry spent the entire lockout with his family here in Ontario. I say if he hits UFA, there's a chance at him, we'll have to most likely overpay to get him. He's won a Cup with Carlyle as his coach, so who knows; Richards went to the Rangers because he won a Cup with Torts and knows his coaching style.

Looking at the past is a unbiased way to look for trends to help make assumptions about the future. It's not perfect, but what is?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Looking at the past is a unbiased way to look for trends to help make assumptions about the future. It's not perfect, but what is?

The past itself is bias because it only gives an indication of what has gone on, and nothing about the future. But I see your point of why people extrapolate data from the past to try to predict the future. We should look at the past with a grain of salt, but take the prudent step of having multiple plans for the future for various outcomes. Nonis is in a good situation right now with the amount of cap space available at the end of this season to do something big if the opportunity is there.

I understand with Perry and Getzlaf, it's a wait-and-see scenario presently, and as long as they haven't re-signed with the Ducks (or somewhere else if they are traded this year), then there's hope they could land in TO.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site

History repeats itself...

Many GTA born players live in the area in the off season. Sorry I hope you're right but I don't see it happening. I have friends that moved to the states for work and every single one of them have told me they will not be moving back here unless they have to. If you're rich America is a great place to live and raise a family due to the low cost of everything compared to Canada.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
EERRR why not?

, 1 game under 500 last season, got you the 3rd overall draft pick.

I'm looking at it from straight wins/win% right now.

Last season the 8th place team won 41 games. Although they had 10 OT/SO losses, they were still 41-41. If the Leafs can pace to around 41 wins, they should have a shot at the playoffs. The OT/SO losses will come.

The LA Kings for comparison won 40 games last season. In straight wins and losses, they were 40-42.

I think it's far too early and too ridiculous at this point to be chanting lets go blue jays. It's very disappointing to me.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I'm looking at it from straight wins/win% right now.

Last season the 8th place team won 41 games. Although they had 10 OT/SO losses, they were still 41-41. If the Leafs can pace to around 41 wins, they should have a shot at the playoffs. The OT/SO losses will come.

The LA Kings for comparison won 40 games last season. In straight wins and losses, they were 40-42.

I think it's far too early and too ridiculous at this point to be chanting lets go blue jays. It's very disappointing to me.

Just saying, 500 =s 82 points.

82 points gets you nowhere after 82 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad