Post-Game Talk: "Here we are! Rocked us like a Hurricane!" | Leafs lose 4-1 to Carolina

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
2s8k5qd.png

TANK

I want them to win so much, but we're going nowhere with this team.

Someone needs to photoshop a hockey helmet and a Leafs Jersey on Kyle..

kh28S_zps83704a3a.jpg

:laugh:

DaveT83*

Its only been a few weeks.

Burkes imprint on this team is going to take a little while to erase.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Honestly.

This team needs some MAJOR defensive help... We have a solid forward core.

Lets move kessel to nashville for Blum, R.Ellis, and a 1st rounder.

We can move phaneuf if we continue to freefall.

I would say our forward group isn't any better than our d core. Got shut out in boston and only 1 goal tonight vs canes. Practically our whole roster is the problem, with Kessel being cold and lupul being injured this team is in serious trouble.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If fans were confident in the team/roster, and expected the playoffs, then a 4-5-0 start would cause absolutely no panic. However, the Leafs have been so insanely awful for so ridiculously long that any time we start to struggle a bit, people expect the worse (and are usually right in that expectation). FWIW I do think this is the best team we've had in some time, and I do think we'll contend for the playoffs, though I'm not sure if we'll actually make it.

DaveT83*

I would say our forward group isn't any better than our d core. Got shut out in boston and only 1 goal tonight vs canes. Practically our whole roster is the problem, with Kessel being cold and lupul being injured this team is in serious trouble.

Better to win 1-0

Than loose 4-3

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
If fans were confident in the team/roster, and expected the playoffs, then a 4-5-0 start would cause absolutely no panic. However, the Leafs have been so insanely awful for so ridiculously long that any time we start to struggle a bit, people expect the worse (and are usually right in that expectation). FWIW I do think this is the best team we've had in some time, and I do think we'll contend for the playoffs, though I'm not sure if we'll actually make it.

Honestly, if you told me at the beginning of the season, with the schedule the Leafs have had early that they'd be 4-5, I probably would have taken it.

What upsets me the most, is the fans at the game chanting lets go blue jays. If the team was 1-8, I'd understand, but I just don't agree with it here.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Honestly, if you told me at the beginning of the season, with the schedule the Leafs have had early that they'd be 4-5, I probably would have taken it.

What upsets me the most, is the fans at the game chanting lets go blue jays. If the team was 1-8, I'd understand, but I just don't agree with it here.

I was at the game, couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Your team is one game under .500 and it's not like you're getting blown out at home either and you're chanting that? Pathetic.

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Typical Leafs. Everyone breaks out of the slump that they are in against us. Crosby, O.V., The Staal meat heads.

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010
They were chanting ;et go blue jays because the leafs record at home. Is dang awful
Not that i agree

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

You are one of the reasons why I am still here :laugh: Actually a knowledgeable poster and a post once again :laugh:

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Typical weak goals by Reiner. Can't count how many times HE lost the luck. Won't go anywhere without a goalie who can steal games. His numbers will even out he's still mediocre.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
****ing embarrassing that you can't pull a winning record in your own arena.

Just goes to show what kind of pride some of these players have.

I know we aren't a great team by any means but not showing up infront of your fans is ****ing shameful.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I was at the game, couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Your team is one game under .500 and it's not like you're getting blown out at home either and you're chanting that? Pathetic.

The Leafs have won 3 games in the last 18 at the ACC.

I don't care what kind of record you have, it's unacceptable for the fans to have to sit through this kind of failure in your own ****ing arena.

Fans have every right to boo or chant whatever they want to show their displeasure in seeing their own team play like absolute crap infront of them. It hasn't been just a handful of games, it's been a long time.

Fans will show respect when the players show pride.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

EERRR why not?

, 1 game under 500 last season, got you the 3rd overall draft pick.

Grabowaffle84

Dec 29, 2010
Typical weak goals by Reiner. Can't count how many times HE lost the luck. Won't go anywhere without a goalie who can steal games. His numbers will even out he's still mediocre.

Your kidding right? Goaltending is the least of our issues right now.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
These losses hurt now because we're still fresh off in the season, however at the end of the season and we start losing, these kind of games become easier because then we can start to project as to where we will be in the draft rankings, maybe a Jones, a MacKinnon., a Monahan, Barkov.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
These losses hurt now because we're still fresh off in the season, however at the end of the season and we start losing, these kind of games become easier because then we can start to project as to where we will be in the draft rankings, maybe a Jones, a MacKinnon., a Monahan, Barkov.

Reading this and the first thing I thought of was

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Last night's game in a nutshell,

Staal, Staal, and Skinner the key players on the Canes outplayed our key players.

Grabovski, Kessel, and JVR.

And I was asked trading our best players is the answer rhetorically yesterday prior to the game.

You be the judge, I surmise there will be other games, when our best players will be outplayed by other teams best players, how and why? We have seen this act for years now, it's not rocket science.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad