OT: Health and Fitness Thread ‎III

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
With all due respect, if that's your go to breakfast no wonder your blood sugar is still high.

By comparison my go to is an omelette with brocoli. Almond milk to drink and some kefir with a few blueberries.

I never drink my fruits.

Bread twice a day is another reason you're not dropping in blood sugar to say nothing about inflammation and water retention your choices of carbs will cause. I recommend you watch a few YouTube videos on the subject.

Give BMC some time

Extreme change of diet is not easy

Baby steps

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Dropped 35lbs in 6 months coming back from shoulder injury. I cut out sugar,grains and most dairy. Didn't do calorie counting, used intermittent fasting and good quality food. As many organic foods as I could find , especially in the meat and fish department .

While I agree that diet easily trumps exercise, dieting without weight training will mean muscle loss with fat loss. If weight training is included the muscle loss is reduced greatly and the weight loss will be mostly fat.

I agree

Doing both is important

What kind of lifting program are you on?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
yeah, no.

whole grains and brown rice actually feed and promote the good digestive bacteria in the gut. Also all whole grains and nearly all rices are below 40 on the GI scale and are recommended staples in diets to control blood sugar
Absolutely wrong. Grains are probably at the root of many maladies including heart disease where they provoke the development of small dense particle LDL. Grains and sugars disrupt good stomach flora and it has to be corrected with a pre and probiotics for up to 6 weeks.I have taken my blood sugar 1 and 2 hours after everything I eat and grains do in fact peak blood sugar longer. Read Cureality,Undoctored and Wheat Belly. Any medical professional promoting grains should be immediately ignored,the jig is up. I was a vegetarian who ate no fats or sugars for over 2 years,survived on grains and veggies and within 2 years I couldn't walk 10 feet,resulting in a double bypass and 3 stents. The longer a blood sugar is raised,the more damage is done to the vessel walls and the Pancreas. Grains are evil,as is sugar,and people with everything from arthritis to MS to DDD to acne to sleep apnea,heart disease,diabetes,Crohn's,IBS and a myriad of others are seeing reversal of symptoms when grain and sugar free,not one but both.

Reactions: Spooner st

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I agree

Doing both is important

What kind of lifting program are you on?

Well my shoulders are still giving me problems so I'm going high rep and moderate weight. I'm slowly bringing down the reps and bumping up the weight but it's been going slower than I would have hoped even though I'm only doing 3 workouts per body part every 2 weeks. I work out very fast because of the moderate weight I don't rest between sets much. I have a home gym so I can work two body parts back to back without any problem.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well my shoulders are still giving me problems so I'm going high rep and moderate weight. I'm slowly bringing down the reps and bumping up the weight but it's been going slower than I would have hoped even though I'm only doing 3 workouts per body part every 2 weeks. I work out very fast because of the moderate weight I don't rest between sets much. I have a home gym so I can work two body parts back to back without any problem.

Nice

I have been mainly rotating between my concept 2 rower, skierg and kettlebell exercises. Its been going well and more importantly I enjoy doing it.

Goodluck on your progress

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Nice

I have been mainly rotating between my concept 2 rower, skierg and kettlebell exercises. Its been going well and more importantly I enjoy doing it.

Goodluck on your progress

The kettlebells are all the rage these days. I've considered it but that looks like a lot of wear and tear on the shoulders and mine are barely holding together. The best exercise is the one you will stick to so if you're enjoying it that's a big plus.

Thanks for the GL .

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Absolutely wrong. Grains are probably at the root of many maladies including heart disease where they provoke the development of small dense particle LDL. Grains and sugars disrupt good stomach flora and it has to be corrected with a pre and probiotics for up to 6 weeks.I have taken my blood sugar 1 and 2 hours after everything I eat and grains do in fact peak blood sugar longer. Read Cureality,Undoctored and Wheat Belly. Any medical professional promoting grains should be immediately ignored,the jig is up. I was a vegetarian who ate no fats or sugars for over 2 years,survived on grains and veggies and within 2 years I couldn't walk 10 feet,resulting in a double bypass and 3 stents. The longer a blood sugar is raised,the more damage is done to the vessel walls and the Pancreas. Grains are evil,as is sugar,and people with everything from arthritis to MS to DDD to acne to sleep apnea,heart disease,diabetes,Crohn's,IBS and a myriad of others are seeing reversal of symptoms when grain and sugar free,not one but both.

Grains cause inflammation. Inflammation is at the root of every illness that exists.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
A quote from Dr. Bill Davis 5 minutes ago "Yup: SO much of what we hear through doctors, dietitians, and the media has been crafted and paid for by industry. This is why we pay no attention to the American Heart Association, dietitians and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Diabetes Association, etc., as they are all essentially voice boxes for commercial interests."

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
A quote from Dr. Bill Davis 5 minutes ago "Yup: SO much of what we hear through doctors, dietitians, and the media has been crafted and paid for by industry. This is why we pay no attention to the American Heart Association, dietitians and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Diabetes Association, etc., as they are all essentially voice boxes for commercial interests."

especially american heart association

I believe they have their stamp on many cereals and powerbars etc.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014

Good read, thank you.

Are all grains basically the same? Similar negative effect?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
especially american heart association

I believe they have their stamp on many cereals and powerbars etc.
The President of the AHA had a heart attack last year. Dr. Davis (Cardiologist) has not had a cardiac event among his patients for years and he's been blasting the AHA for the last few. My local traditional cardiology practice has about 4 cardiac events/interventions a day.

Reactions: rocketdan9

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
With all due respect, if that's your go to breakfast no wonder your blood sugar is still high.

By comparison my go to is an omelette with brocoli. Almond milk to drink and some kefir with a few blueberries.

I never drink my fruits.

Bread twice a day is another reason you're not dropping in blood sugar to say nothing about inflammation and water retention your choices of carbs will cause. I recommend you watch a few YouTube videos on the subject.

An omlette every day? What about cholesterol?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Why don't you call it a meal. There's no need to have ingredients dedicated for a special meal.

Meal 1, 2 and 3.

In your meals use a protein, the portion is the size of your palm.
But for eggs, its the quantity of eggs that you can hold in your hand.

For proteins, and vegs The more varieties the better.
Portion for vegs in general is a cup per meal.

You also want a mix of some starchy vegs like sweet potatoes,carrots, beets... portion is 1/3 cup per meal.

But... you eat until your body tells you your full.
No tv, tablet, phone, book...
Concentrate in chewing and eating your food and listen to your body, he'll tell you wen your full.

You won't have cravings, so no snacks in between meals.
And you'll have lots of energy to do your stuff.

For the good fats ,and we do need good fats. Avocado half per meal.
For cooking Olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil.

Drink water before and after meals. Not while your eating.

You can have a coffee or 2.
Water wen your thirsty .

No sweets, dairy, grains .

Walk after meals if you can.

Do that for a month and you'll see the difference.
You're not only loosing weight, but more importantly
You're getting healthier and full of energy.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Not every day. But at least 4 times a week ,usually a whole egg or two with 3 or 4 egg whites. I don't concern myself with cholesterol to much. That's an American Heart Association fib. Paid by the Sugar industry to hid the real culprit of heart disease which is sugar. The body regulates cholesterol. If you don't eat it, your body will make it anyway might as well enjoy . Your body needs cholesterol. Now please don't start eating cholesterol without taking the time to get informed. The last thing you should do is take dieting advice from a random poster on a hockey board. The only advice I feel comfortable giving you is to get informed. Your kind of misinformation is very common . The American Heart Association is the last place I look to for nutrition advice. They have feed the public with a lot of misinformation. Just ask yourself why 1/3 of the American population are either diabetic or pre diabetic?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I stringly encourage you to do your own research regarding grains. There are certain recent posts in this thread that are hardly accurate in their demonizing of grains.

Literally 75% of my diet includes things that, according to this thread, should've made me bed-ridden and given me multiple heart attacks years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad