OT: Health and Fitness Thread ‎III

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I lost almost 2 pounds this week for a total of just over 20 since January 29. Still doing the intermittent fasting and I think it seems to be working so I'll stick with it.

I did celebrate with one donut hole at church this morning, don't tell anyone :laugh:

Then I came home and fixed some tilapia and riced cauliflower with Old Bay for lunch. Old Bay makes everything better...

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I lost almost 2 pounds this week for a total of just over 20 since January 29. Still doing the intermittent fasting and I think it seems to be working so I'll stick with it.

I did celebrate with one donut hole at church this morning, don't tell anyone :laugh:

Then I came home and fixed some tilapia and riced cauliflower with Old Bay for lunch. Old Bay makes everything better...
I went all of Lent without looking at a donut.

Wife was craving an iced coffee so we stopped after Mass and grabbed coffees and donuts. I ate half of mine.

We just went for soft serve (since I didn’t get my ice cream last night!) and was more than good with a kiddie size.

Skating tonight, and I’ve been able to get out of the habit of coming home from late nights playing hockey and killing a whole pizza. I’ll have a little bowl of cereal, a hot shower, and call it a night.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I went all of Lent without looking at a donut.

Wife was craving an iced coffee so we stopped after Mass and grabbed coffees and donuts. I ate half of mine.

We just went for soft serve (since I didn’t get my ice cream last night!) and was more than good with a kiddie size.

Skating tonight, and I’ve been able to get out of the habit of coming home from late nights playing hockey and killing a whole pizza. I’ll have a little bowl of cereal, a hot shower, and call it a night.
my hockey nights kill me. i always pound down like 6 beers after the game. then a shit ton of cheezits when i get hone.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
my hockey nights kill me. i always pound down like 6 beers after the game. then a shit ton of cheezits when i get hone.
Yeah, it’s bad.

I’ve been able to rein it in as of late and it’s made a big difference.

No more pizza and ice cream.

It’s either a sandwich and a couple of chips, some fruit, or a bowl of cereal and chug a water.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Officially down 20 pounds in eight weeks.

As the kids say, “We are so back.”
IMG_9760.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Aeroforce and BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My new favorite snack now is vanilla Greek yogurt with chia seeds and frozen wild blueberries. The difference in taste between the "regular" blueberries I got at Sam's and the Wyman's wild blueberries is incredible. I'll never go back to regular again.

I'm enjoying this more than ice cream. :eek3:

Reactions: Aeroforce

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
My new favorite snack now is vanilla Greek yogurt with chia seeds and frozen wild blueberries. The difference in taste between the "regular" blueberries I got at Sam's and the Wyman's wild blueberries is incredible. I'll never go back to regular again.

I'm enjoying this more than ice cream. :eek3:
I’ve been liking the flax plus cereal at night for a little sweet treat.

Lots of grapes and berries.

Tonight we went and got ice cream, so I got a kiddie soft serve vanilla with sprinkles.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I’ve been liking the flax plus cereal at night for a little sweet treat.

Lots of grapes and berries.

Tonight we went and got ice cream, so I got a kiddie soft serve vanilla with sprinkles.
I haven't gotten really good grapes here in a long time. They've been really tough, texture wise, and not really sweet. I'm pretty picky when it comes to grapes.

Reactions: smithformeragent

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I haven't gotten really good grapes here in a long time. They've been really tough, texture wise, and not really sweet. I'm pretty picky when it comes to grapes.
We’ve had some good fortune with green grapes up this way.

A couple of meh bags, but for the most part crisp
And firm.

Got some really good chicken from Fresh Market today too.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't know if anyone saw this on the main board about Erik Karlsson's pregame meal. It's maybe a bit surprising, but then again the calorie burn for NHL defensemen is surely astronomical. Especially having to skate 200 feet back to your own end to get the puck 3-4 times per power play. ;)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I don't know if anyone saw this on the main board about Erik Karlsson's pregame meal. It's maybe a bit surprising, but then again the calorie burn for NHL defensemen is surely astronomical. Especially having to skate 200 feet back to your own end to get the puck 3-4 times per power play. ;)

That makes me want to vomit.

How on earth do you even begin to think "I wonder what this tastes like together"

Eeeewwwwwww

• Haha
Reactions: Aeroforce

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I got on the scale this morning. It syncs to an app on my phone because it supposedly measures body fat and all that. No idea how accurate it is but it's fun to watch the numbers get better week by week. :)

This morning the first time I stepped on, it only displayed weight but not the other measurements. But it said I was down about 4 lbs.

I stepped on again to retake and it got all the measurements but this time it said I was down 6 pounds. In a week. :oops:

Again....I have my doubts about the accuracy of these digital scales especially when it gives you two different numbers within 30 seconds. But you better believe I'm going with the lower number :laugh:

And going by that number, I'm down 31 pounds since January 29. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad