HC Red Star Kunlun 2016/17 Thread

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Local Chinese players won't get their chance for sure if the game will mean something. I'd rather play 2 lines than guys who are basically pylons. They would get embarrassed, walked around, you have to realize what a huge difference between them and KHL players is.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
I know the difference but team needs probably 25-30 players during the season if they have lot of injuries. That's a lot of players for a team who has 14 players month before season starts. They can't play with 2 lines.

Last edited:

waffletrouble

Apr 13, 2016
I did not notice it :amazed:

Btw what is ranking ot most popular social networks in China? Anybody know?
People in China usually use Weibo and WeChat (Weixin). :)
Weibo is kind of like a combination of Twitter and Facebook, while WeChat is more of a messaging application with a bunch of social features and other cool stuff added in.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Thank you hansomreiste & hansomreiste. I would like to follow KHL clubs social media accounts closely in new season, how many new fans they have etc. So I can not expect big numbers at FB/Twitter from Kunlun.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
So they play against Traktor tomorrow, I guess in Finland. Can we watch it online via legal platforms? Normally, I am not a fan of watching games that are not competitive but I want to see Red Star a lot.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Looks like it's going to be on youtube. I am going to Vierumäki to see them on the spot.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
It's too bad they had to get rid of the dragon..

I think that's just a practice jersey? I'm watching the exhibition game right now and they don't even have names on the back of the jerseys, and are wearing mismatching helmets. They'll probably have the other jerseys when the season starts.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This looks like a definite playoff team on paper though. They only lack a real impact forward.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
First game over and Beijing lost but in my mind it look pretty ok. I think they still need some star power but otherwise it was good. Chinese players didn't play alla that much. Penalty kill was really good.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
This looks like a definite playoff team on paper though. They only lack a real impact forward.

Indeed. I've been monitoring ante post bets regularly and as bookies reflect it, they jumped from "LOL what is that Kunlun thing?" to play-off material. There is still a month for the season to start and even more time for Kunlun to prepare. At the moment, they seem to be in the region of teams like Torpedo, Sochi, Barys etc. Not your everyday title contenders but "annoying" teams that can cause problems. Of course, this is just theory and about betting aspect but I value what bookies say about teams.

Last edited:

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Is there any official info about the next game? I saw a note on the red stars locker room door that says 28.8. vs spartak in Espoo but haven't seen anything official. Well that's not too surprising considering how well they have made announcements before.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Is there any official info about the next game? I saw a note on the red stars locker room door that says 28.8. vs spartak in Espoo but haven't seen anything official. Well that's not too surprising considering how well they have made announcements before.

here plus they will play at lada cup (14-18 Aug)

VP

Jul 1, 2016
I'm sorry but I couldn't find info about next game. Maybe it's just me and the fact that I don't speak russian.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I'm sorry but I couldn't find info about next game. Maybe it's just me and the fact that I don't speak russian.

next game is 28.8. vs spartak as you said earlier. Then it is vs Barys in Astana (5.8). Following tournaments in Astana (8-12.8)& Togliaty.

Astana tournament
v Barys 8.8
v Admiral 9.8
v Noovokuznetsk 11.8
3rd place/final 12.8

Togliaty tournament
ladacup.jpg

edit

Teemu Ramstedt ‏from Amur just tweeted following

@teemuramstedt 2 min.před 2 minutami Zobrazit překlad
Tulemme kahden viikon leirille Suomeen. Laitan alle ottelut jotka pelaamme tuona aikana mikäli haluat tulla katsomaan. #khlfi #amur

@teemuramstedt 2 min.před 2 minutami Zobrazit překlad
26.7 Ti 11.00 Traktor/Pajulahti
2.8 Ti 17.00 Kunlun/Kerava
4.8 To 18.30 Espoo United/Espoo
5.8 Pe 18.30 Pelicans/Lahti #khlfi #amur

I dont speak finnish but this should be pre games of Amur in camp in Finland

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad