HC Red Star Kunlun 2016/17 Thread

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
When KHL players (mostly playing as grinders and enforcers, if even playing at all) played for Croatia in D1B, they were dominant in all areas of the game. This players are D2B and some were playing at China Dragon and finished with massive - ratings and no points.
I'm very interested to see first few practices, when KHL meets China League.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
When KHL players (mostly playing as grinders and enforcers, if even playing at all) played for Croatia in D1B, they were dominant in all areas of the game. This players are D2B and some were playing at China Dragon and finished with massive - ratings and no points.
I'm very interested to see first few practices, when KHL meets China League.
Hey, Jiachang Bao is 193 cm and 93 kg, he could at least play as a crash and bang grinder.
We'll see, at least the Chinese players will have KHL level teammates to learn from. Though I expect a glorious season.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
I think these chinese players will only be on training camp and will not play in the regular season. Or some might stay in the roster and practice with the team but I believe that they won't have bad players playing when the season starts. Also they will add some star power in the roster pretty soon.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
However this is going to happen with the chinese players I think it will do very good for the chinese national team. Hopefully we can see the difference in the next world championships.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I'm guessing those guys are place holders for the training camp until Red Star can find more KHL level players.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Their website redstarkunlun.com is open but not ready yet. First game is two weeks from now on sunday and we don't know how the jersey is going to look and possible logo change. They must be working hard right now. I believe that we might see a lot of chinese players on the First games.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
The Chinese soccer league is signing some big names

Surely they will have one "splash" signing for hockey

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Those are very cool. Love the Logo, banding along the bottom, Great Chinese Wall.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Jerseys look very good. Usually I like red jerseys more than white but this time , I don't know. Both look so good. I love that they put the great wall on it. Probably going to buy one as soon as they start selling these jerseys.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Jerseys look very good. Usually I like red jerseys more than white but this time , I don't know. Both look so good. I love that they put the great wall on it. Probably going to buy one as soon as they start selling these jerseys.

Yeah... I've never been fond of that color combination, Red & Gold or Red & Yellow (cant stand Calgarys' uniforms for example) but with a China based team, absolutely works.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Can't you see that it's a website for sale? The guy just wants some money.

"Do You Want Buy This Domain?
You can buy this domain, please contact: "

So what? You need money to sign Ilja Kovaltshuk! :laugh: :sarcasm:

On the jerseys, I'll say what I said for the logo: the design is quite cool but the colors look pale. I hope they will look brighter in reality & on TV. This color makes it look like it has been washed over 1000 times.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
So what? You need money to sign Ilja Kovaltshuk! :laugh: :sarcasm:

On the jerseys, I'll say what I said for the logo: the design is quite cool but the colors look pale. I hope they will look brighter in reality & on TV. This color makes it look like it has been washed over 1000 times.

... :rolleyes: ja... created by the rock beaters... Cult/Clique of the Hand Wash Laundresses of the Bosphorous Straits huh hansom?.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Can't you see that it's a website for sale? The guy just wants some money.

"Do You Want Buy This Domain?
You can buy this domain, please contact: "
Yeah it's a fake site. Now he even added some joke links there. Looks like it's done by some Finn.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
F Eetu Pöysti
Jokerit --> Kunlun

Pöysti wasn't on Jokerit's roster anymore but they sold his rights to Kunlun.

5 Finnish players and 1 goalie coach now in da club.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Why has Pöysti played so few games last couple of year se? Has he been injured or dog house of the jokerit coach? Is he a 3-4 liner at khl level?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Why has Pöysti played so few games last couple of year se? Has he been injured or dog house of the jokerit coach? Is he a 3-4 liner at khl level?
Injuries plus he was a rotation player. Career 3-4 liner in KHL level in not so good clubs. Typical hard working lower line Finn with limited skills.

Last year he had bad off season injury when he fell off from a rocky hill in Thailand in some jungle area. His friend and locals pretty much saved his life.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Like the jerseys. Expected tradtional chinese red and gold. Welcome new color scheme in the KHL.

...and a totally useless comment by the original tweet-poster.
Yeah, I don't see how it's mauvais ton at all, especially considering the rest of the KHL jerseys.. A cool idea I think, but everyone has his own preferences.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00