TV: HBO's Veep

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think my biggest laugh was the perfect reference that Jonah went to Franklin Pierce High School. It works on so many levels.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I thought the flashbacks all worked. Gary as a candy striper killed me. And Richard was the star of this season, his one liners are so good and they are so understated you can almost miss most of them.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Not a hilarious episode but I really enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to next season. Can't say the same about SV.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
That episode was as witty as ever. So many great lines and zingers. Louie-Dryfus was in top form. That scene where Kent kept correcting her pronunciation of Navada was hysterical, as well as the scene where Dan gets fired and the zinger with text auto correct. :laugh:

Also as a hockey fan, the line about the NHL all star weekend was great. :laugh:

I'm just getting to season 5 now and loved the line about the NHL all star game. It's hilarious because it's so true.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Last season premieres tonight with season 2 of Barry.

Took forever to get into this show but it's become one of my favorite comedy shows ever. Rewatched the whole thing several times.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
One of my favorites. No wonder it keeps winning awards!

Last night was no exception. Great episode.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
One of my favorites. No wonder it keeps winning awards!

Last night was no exception. Great episode.
I tried to get into it about halfway through season 4 but I wasn't really paying attention to the pilot so I was bored. Tried again last summer and I've been obsessed. I've rewatched the series more times than I care to admit. For my money it's the best TV comedy ever made.

Reactions: TP

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I tried to get into it about halfway through season 4 but I wasn't really paying attention to the pilot so I was bored. Tried again last summer and I've been obsessed. I've rewatched the series more times than I care to admit. For my money it's the best TV comedy ever made.

If you haven't seen it... First three seasons of Arrested Development is amazing as well. #1 and #2 with veep for me.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If you haven't seen it... First three seasons of Arrested Development is amazing as well. #1 and #2 with veep for me.
I have also rewatched Arrested Development many times. It's up there for me.

I think like top 5 for me is

Veep
Arrested Development
Always Sunny
Chappelle's Show
Parks and Rec

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008

Veep
Arrested Development
Always Sunny
Chappelle's Show
Parks and Rec

I've never seen the other 3, Need to get on that.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012

Veep
Arrested Development
Always Sunny
Chappelle's Show
Parks and Rec

Curb Your Enthusiasm has to be a top tier show for me.

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Curb Your Enthusiasm has to be a top tier show for me.
Crap. I knew I was forgetting one. I guess it's better to just do a top 10.

Veep
Arrested
Always Sunny
Curb
Chappelle's Show
Parks and Rec
Scrubs
Futurama
South Park
30 Rock

(HM to Key and Peele, Archer, Silicon Valley, Seinfeld, and early seasons Family Guy)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jonah has got to become president, right?
Seems like it.

Wouldn't be surprised if these became the mirrors to reality

Selina: Hillary
Jonah: Trump
Buddy Calhoun: Jeb Bush
Tom James: Bernie Sanders (though Tom is a corporate guy, so more of that popularity/honest candidate element)

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Best political satire I've seen ever. Jonah is the goofiest, but Selina really is the best. When they're reading her the report on herself and she acts out every negative comment in the report on cue, then she steals the comment from the stage installer guy for her announcement.

She doesn't want to say "thoughts and prayers" but does so in the most roundabout way possible. :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Best political satire I've seen ever. Jonah is the goofiest, but Selina really is the best. When they're reading her the report on herself and she acts out every negative comment in the report on cue, then she steals the comment from the stage installer guy for her announcement.

She doesn't want to say "thoughts and prayers" but does so in the most roundabout way possible. :laugh:
I also thought her feeding the dog chocolate was funny "No I don't want this"

Then Gary to Richard "Richard, is chocolate bad for dogs?"

Richard "No not bad."

Gary "Oh goo..."

Richard "Fatal."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad