TV: HBO's Veep

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I've only seen the first two episodes but so far I've found this season by far the least funny and interesting. All the cast is split a few different ways so you lose the opportunity for certain mixes.

Also quite a lot of what I liked about the show was the Vice/President situation comedy aspects which are now almost entirely gone save for a few moments with Jonah as a congressman. Selena as former president doesn't give enough to work with in that area.

Throw in some extra hit/miss sex jokes, which were always there but are now the main bit in a lot of cases instead of just a side joke.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I've only seen the first two episodes but so far I've found this season by far the least funny and interesting. All the cast is split a few different ways so you lose the opportunity for certain mixes.

Also quite a lot of what I liked about the show was the Vice/President situation comedy aspects which are now almost entirely gone save for a few moments with Jonah as a congressman. Selena as former president doesn't give enough to work with in that area.

Throw in some extra hit/miss sex jokes, which were always there but are now the main bit in a lot of cases instead of just a side joke.

Yea, I agree. This show usually has me dying laughing, but I think they are running out of ideas. Unless some major turn around happens, I don't think this one will last much longer. :(

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
"I thought it was Craig T Nelson."

"Well my Dad and I both hate eating butterscotch, but love to say it. Butterscotch."

"Puberty at 19. When it hit, it hit like a ****ing thunderbolt."

"How will I know when I'm done?"

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

Veep is slowly turning into non-appointment viewing for me. I miss the show when they were all working together but everyone is now split apart and I think I lost the storyline of what is going on. Everything seems all over the place and last week's episode was not funny. I still have last night's on the DVR and will watch it, but the deeper we get into this season the more I wish last year's finale had actually been the series finale.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
This season feels like an extend epilogue.

"To be honest it was one less thing for me to worry about."

"This is a cemetery that sells gum!"

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Better this week. Some great lines.

Print is dead... Though its not original.

Selina had some great ones that I can't type out though

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Read on the news that Veep has been renewed for a 7th season.

I wonder if the reason this show is still going is because Dreyfus is winning Emmy Awards. I'm having difficulty really getting into this season and while there are funny bits still, it feels less focused than it used to. Also, last season felt like the perfect series finale that this season feels tacked on.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Read on the news that Veep has been renewed for a 7th season.

I wonder if the reason this show is still going is because Dreyfus is winning Emmy Awards. I'm having difficulty really getting into this season and while there are funny bits still, it feels less focused than it used to. Also, last season felt like the perfect series finale that this season feels tacked on.

I've had no issues getting into this season, and it's been hilarious from the get-go for me. Just been getting better and better by the episode the season, IMO.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Turducken line and how Richard said it was the hardest I've laughed in a long time.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I was really down on the first two episodes but the next 4 were much better. Still has the situation issues I mentioned in my last post; I'm just not that interested in post-politics (for now) Meyer. But it's been a lot smarter and funnier the last 4 episodes.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm leery of another season, but I can put up with the disjointed nature for an epilogue and great insults like "You look like the world's least ****ed geisha."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad