TV: HBO's Veep

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Three way tie for me between Jeff Kane, Furlong, and Richard. Gun to my head I'd go with Jeff Kane because he's gotten me to legitimately laugh out loud the most.
"Listen you Subaru driving bull****s, if you don't support Jonah Ryan you'll be leaf peeping out your maple syrup soaked ***holes!

I'll call back in five minutes and hit them with bad cop."

I think the show kept getting better, particularly with Jonah breaking out the additions of Ben and Kent.

The Tom hanks thing was a reference to the first episode.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
"Listen you Subaru driving bull****s, if you don't support Jonah Ryan you'll be leaf peeping out your maple syrup soaked ***holes!

I'll call back in five minutes and hit them with bad cop."

I think the show kept getting better, particularly with Jonah breaking out the additions of Ben and Kent.

The Tom hanks thing was a reference to the first episode.
It's a shame it's over. Even when Ianucci decided to step away from the project it (imo) remained one of the best comedies ever put on TV.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018

Ignore this poster. He's being conservative with a 9.

Certified 10 and a first ballot entrant into my HOF, joining:

The Office
Seinfeld
Home Movies
Eastbound & Down
Parks & Recreation
The League
Workaholics
Vice Principals

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What a great final season.

I was disappointed with the previous season, so it's nice to see it going back to the hard hitting Season 5.

Jonah is so absurd and yet so on point with what is actually being said in America that it hurts.

I liked how they turned Brookheimer into basically a clone of Kelly Ann Conway.

The Chinese interference with the election was well done.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What a great final season.

I was disappointed with the previous season, so it's nice to see it going back to the hard hitting Season 5.

Jonah is so absurd and yet so on point with what is actually being said in America that it hurts.

I liked how they turned Brookheimer into basically a clone of Kelly Ann Conway.

The Chinese interference with the eliection was well done.
I do like that Amy had a redemptive moment when she begged Selina not to put Jonah on the ticket as Veep.

Amy had at times been the one of the core cast to show some degree of moral character not counting Richard who joined late and Gary who was just too oblivious to know what was right or wrong.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just watched all 7 seasons of this show in like a week or so and I'm not ashamed of it. Fantastic and absolutely hilarious. Hard to find recent comedies that are so politically incorrect. Ending was sad as hell tho the only sad part in the entire show lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad