HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
"Dan ****ed YOU?! Were you wearing a full-length mirror or something?"
I know Selina rails into Amy a lot between that and:

Gary: "M'am, Amy is bulimic"
Selina: "Well it's about time"

Plus all the shit she's swallowed from Dan, this was a rough episode for Amy.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Every scene with Jonah had me laughing out loud hard. hahahahah

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Not sure I can name a better series finale for a comedy.

Agreed.

Though, for my money, Parks & Rec and The Office both had really good series finales. I think The Office's gets a little lost just because S8 was a definite step back, but I thought S9 was more in line with the series (not quite as good as its high, but a solid season...kinda like S4/5/6).

Parks & Rec just had a good final season and a great finale that tied up everything nicely.

But Veep? Shit...so good.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I had to pause I was laughing so hard at Uncles Jeff’s advice to Jonah and the three Germans.

Jonah does seem happily married and let’s hope childless.
2019%252F04%252F23%252F4a%252F902c844fee6840d7b2bc2ca35a1c7d36.d1d09.jpg%252F1200x630.jpg

Beat secondary character?
Furlong and his assistant
Catherine
Richard
Minna
Jonah's uncle

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Furlong always has the best lines. ALWAYS
I love when he has to be polite in front of the public then the next scene is him saying the most obscene shit imaginable. He was the only one to come close to Selena's insults. His dinner party is probably my favorite scene in the entire series.

Catherines character isn't over the top like everyone else, but the mother-daughter relationship is just so toxic, it's fantastic. Margery is also a great bit player, Catherine marrying her mom's body double is perfect.

President Splett had me rolling in that final scene. His wife Annette Splett and the 3 state solution were so stupid but on point for the character. IMO, probably the best acted character.

Reactions: TP

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
What a brilliantly cruel and hilarious (and appropriate) finale. I know Emmys are second nature to JLD but she deserves yet another one in this case.

The supporting bench is so deep it's hard to pick a favorite, but if forced, I have to go with Richard. I honestly feel every single thing he's ever said on the show generated a laugh from me. Always a hilarious and fitting counter-weight to all the awful people elsewhere in this world.

Reactions: KlausJopling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad