TV: HBO's Veep

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This last week's episode was my favorite episode of the season so far. Maybe it was Hugh Laurie's preasense that added a little more urgency to the episode, but it actually was funny.

I'm still struggling with this season in that everything I've seen confirms my thought that they should have ended the show last year but it is good to know they are still capable of writing a funny episode.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
This last week's episode was my favorite episode of the season so far. Maybe it was Hugh Laurie's preasense that added a little more urgency to the episode, but it actually was funny.

I'm still struggling with this season in that everything I've seen confirms my thought that they should have ended the show last year but it is good to know they are still capable of writing a funny episode.

Every episode they've done this year has been brilliant and hilarious...but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Since they've done some conceptual episodes, I'd like to see a half hour of Furlong hurling insults at Jonah occasionally using Will as the foil.

The thing I love about Will is the subtext that he'll never indulge in the cliche and break and stand up for himself.

Timely tribute to the passing a Roger Moore to throw out "Maybe you were too busy biting James Bond's cable car wire to notice".

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
How would you guys rank the general level of competency/intelligence of all of Selena's lackeys based on their performances over the course of the series? Include Jonah just because he's Jonah.

I think I'd have them like this:

Sue
Amy
Kent
Ben
Richard
Dan
Gary
Jonah
Mike

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I miss sue this season. I was trying to remember the name of the secretary so thanks for listing all the characters.

She's really the only one who's not a **** up to some degree. Almost comically perfect. And no tolerance for the idiots that surround her.

Amy is highly competent but neurotic.
Kent and Ben are old Washington veterans who sometimes seem like bumbling fools but usually are on top of things.
Richard is a bit of an idiot savant, but he seems to be really smart in areas that they need him to be (political norms and laws).
Dan had the odd mess up but seemed to be plagued with bad luck (sometimes of his own creation).
Gary does his homework so that he can excel at his role, but seems to have no value beyond that, and always seems to be one dressing down away from a nervous breakdown.
Jonah is Ted Cruz.
Mike is woefully unprepared for everything he ever does and is incredibly absent-minded.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That might have been the best episode of the season. I laughed a lot, and I can't say that for most of the season at all. Jonah was amazing in this episode.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Roger Furlong has the best lines of anybody. haha Him calling Jonah a Motumbo like name had me dying.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Not sure I will be back for Veep next season. That finale did not make me laugh at all. In fact it was so mean-spirited I groaned. I'm sure many people do find this show funny, but I find it over the top now, and I think I've been feeling that way for the last two seasons now.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
As soon as they cut to Jonah, before he even said it, you knew he'd be running for President. President Jonah Trum... err, Ryan.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Meh episode for the finale, felt like more of a setup episode. Although I guess it was for next season. Hardly laughed at all in this episode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad