TV: HBO's Veep

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I thought we had a thread for Veep but I couldn't find it. What did everyone think of the premiere. For me other than the speech sequence, I thought this episode was a little chaotic. There's probably too many characters for the shows own good and they added a few more in the premiere (Like Patton Oswalt's character, who I am intregued by but forgot his name already). I have to remind myself occasionally who these people are.

I am glad the show is back and am interested in this season with Salina as President. I'm glad Dryfus kept the hair short, but then I think this episode happened relatively short after the finale last year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Fronm the first episode of the season, the line "this is the military industrial complex" absolutely killed me.

I think the show could stand to have episodes another 5-8 minutes longer though with how big the cast is getting.

Last edited:

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
The premiere was a bit weak, but episode two was terrific. That seems to be the trend for this show. If they have an episode as good as the debate episode from last season, I will be very happy.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Episode 3 was hilarious. 3 or 4 times it had me laughing out loud.

"There are splashes of me inside of her. I regret that statement."

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Amy finally snapping was hilarious. Mike's facial expressions when he doesn't know who the new campaign manager was great.

This season has been excellent, wonder how long it takes before Dan and Amy are back on the staff.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Love this show.

My fav line still is from Ben walking around in under shirt and suspenders "someone find me a shirt this isn't die hard"

Ben, Kent and Dan are my 3 favs.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Surprised at the lukewarm reaction-- I thought that was a fantastic episode. So many clearly defined characters, a single event which sets them all into motion like a pinball machine, each character-driven reaction priceless, and every time one character does something, it triggers a chain reaction on other characters until everything gets out of control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad