Confirmed with Link: Hayes to Jets

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Waste of an asset imo. Shoudlve just left things alone

Bigger issues than acquiring a 2c. But it seems like maurice has fooled Chevy into thinking other wise

Give up another first round pick for a half ass push:popcorn:

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
So the little contract has cost us 2 1sts, Foley, and Lemieux.

Hes on pace for 53 points hardly his fault. He is playing up to his contract this year...... which is why I think this was a bit steep. Hayes is producing slightly more then Little playing 4 minutes more a night to include PP1 time. Really not an upgrade on little at all. Just a bigger body

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'm never a big fan in giving up a 1st round pick, but I can't just say " 1st pick ... bad " when it might end up being a 25th overall to 31st overall.

And given who we might have to let go to make cap space for next season, we might be able to get a better 1st round pick back.

And I would have preferred Petan instead of Lemieux, but I don't think you can give Petan away for free.

Plenty of good prospects in the later part of the 1st round

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
From my former workplace, Jets Nation:
D0Q4X1oUwAAS8mr.png

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Waste of an asset imo. Shoudlve just left things alone

Bigger issues than acquiring a 2c. But it seems like maurice has fooled Chevy into thinking other wise

Give up another first round pick for a half ass push:popcorn:

We desperately needed a 2c and d depth we dont need another 30goal winger.

Reactions: GNP and FinJetster
Nov 24, 2006
We have no idea about Morrisey. Twitter was in arms about Jeff Skinner being injured long term on Saturday and he came back after the intermission.

They didn't want to pay the price for Stone. Hayes might not have been the first choice but the deadline isn't over. A Benz is a consolation price to a Bentley for me, too.

This place sometimes. Don't give up too many prospects for Stone, Chevy gives up a borderline 4th liner, people don't like that. Complaining for the sake of it.
His shoulder was dead the second he was hit. He's out for quite a while.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
But giving up double this amount for a winger is something we "desperately" needed even less IMO

Who said anything about giving up double?

I said giving up a 1st round was a waste

This was a desperate move by Chevy to try and replicate last years success. They dont look like last years team.

But since you want to bring up Stone
Stone >>Hayes
Not even the same discussion

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Now instead of having a 1st a 2nd and 2 4th line centers we have a 1st 2 2nds and a 4th with stone. Way better than putting ehlers connor or laine on 3rd line with Lowry.

Reactions: FinJetster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad