Confirmed with Link: Hayes to Jets

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hayes unfortunately did not work out for us. Now the search for a 2C continues.... unless Roslovic miraculously steps up (no signs pointing to that, though) or Little somehow reverts to how he was 2+ years ago (again, no signs pointing to that).

Bold suggestion: Maybe Wheeler could play centre (and I’m actually just half-kidding.... he was quite good when he played centre last year with Scheifele injured and he’s a premier playmaker). It would balance the lines too.

I agree with you on Wheeler playing center -- he did a good job last year when Scheif was out. A center has to be a quick thinker and a great playmaker, and Wheeler is both of those.

In a sense he plays like a center along the boards, off his right wing position anyways.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
You’re comparing a winger with 18 career NHL points to a centre that had a career year? WHAT?!

It’s pretty obvious who would be more impactful this year.

As for next year, which player gets bumped off the roster in favour of Lemieux?

Copp?
Vesalainen?
Roslovic?
Appleton?
Tanev?

*Lemieux > a few weeeks of Hayes

That’s more what I meant.

Reactions: sipowicz

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I was hoping Chevy would stand pat at the deadline - or just make some minor depth moves like the Beaulieu/Lindholm/Hendricks/Russian-guy-who-never-played deals.

This team wasn't good enough to sell the farm for.

I really wanted toughness at the deadline. I wanted Micheal Ferland, but the Canes made the playoffs. I'd still like Ferland, but we'd have to move a winger to get him.

But you think of what we could have had without trading Lemieux and a 1st

Connor-Scheif-Wheeler
Laine-Little-Roslovic/Perreault
Lemieux-Copp-Ehlers
Tanev-Lowry-Perreault/Roslovic/Appleton

That would have matched up well with this Blues team, if Maurice committed himself fully to 4 line hockey. Like Berube had his team playing. I feel like Lemieux would have been a catalyst. We had Copp going at centre. Hayes did very little to improve our team. But threw the chemistry right out. We could have went under the radar for Brassard, and kept our 1st and Lemmy. But I understand the move, hoping for the Stastny effect. Now the Jets have to rebuild/retool next year, and the team is doing like the Thrashers did before them, giving up a lot of draft picks.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well, we have a surplus of wingers and we used that currency. Whose spot would Lemieux take next year if we bring in Vesalainen and Appleton?

Tanev, Perreault both will likely be gone. Lemieux also outperformed Roslovic this year. We would’ve been better off keeping him and letting him compete for a roster spot than to trade him away for a few weeks of a guy who did pretty much nothing for us.

Lemieux was sandpaper that this team sorely needs. And, as others have said, it appeared fairly obvious at the trade deadline that this wasn’t gonna be the year for us and we shouldn’t have wasted assets on a rental.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Tanev, Perreault both will likely be gone. Lemieux also outperformed Roslovic this year. We would’ve been better off keeping him and letting him compete for a roster spot than to trade him away for a few weeks of a guy who did pretty much nothing for us.

Lemieux was sandpaper that this team sorely needs. And, as others have said, it appeared fairly obvious at the trade deadline that this wasn’t gonna be the year for us and we shouldn’t have wasted assets on a rental.

If we add Vesalainen and Appleton and subtract Hayes and Perreault, you’d prefer Lemieux over Roslovic? Interesting.

Edit: I think Tanev will be back.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad