Confirmed with Link: Hayes to Jets

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Going from NYC and coming to Wpg..Don't know how the lifestyle adjustment helps with him re-signing.

Thats's why Stone was the best pick. He knows the PegCity life.

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
I don't know what to think of this, as I don't know much about or watched alot of Hayes. I hope he brings a spark to the team much in the same way Stastny did last year, especially for a player like Laine. Wait and see.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Lemieux and a first seems pricy for a rental (more than likely with over $ 5 mil cap hit this year), but if he gets you to the promised land...
Somewhere, Nic Petan smiled just a little when he heard that Lemieux was traded.
...then again, I get the feeling that Chevy ain't done and Petan will be part of the next deal.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Jets clearly wanted Stone first, so by definition this is a consolation prize. An again, if Morrissey is out or not at 100 per cent for the playoffs, we're cooked. Unless Chevy isn't done dealing today... and that is a possibility. I suppose Hayes PLUS Simmonds could make me forget about not getting Stone (like that's gonna happen... besides, we need defensive help now).
How did the jets clearly wanted stone 1st. Because people around here did. We do have a plethora of wingers and 2 4th line centers as our 3 and 4 centers.

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If any of you would be so kind, most of us don't know much about Lemieux, if you could give us a little scouting report on him on the NYR board and what you think he can turn into, that would be great!

Player Discussion - Brendan Lemieux
Built like a brick poop house. Hard nosed, can fight, skate and loves to cause trouble. Used to take bad penalties, but has learned to control that negative part of his game. Tailor made for an energy line, but if paired with more offensively talented players he could blossom offensively (by that, I mean 15-20 goals).

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
I dont’t like this.. Price is way too high. Jets are stacked with wingers so Lemmy can be traded but the habit of giving up first rounders might become expensive. Under current cap situation cheap and good ELCs are needed.

And most of all I firmly believe this wont be THE SEASON.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Jets don't need a game breaker though. I mean I would have loved Stone but obviously the asking price was sky high.
Scheif
Wheeler
Laine
Ehlers
Hayes
Connor
Roslovic
Little
We'll be okay.

Yes indeed! The jets just need someone to push the play into the offensive zone and help their young wingers get in positions to score. Hayes certainly does that.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

None

Feb 22, 2012
I think Hayes will be really good in the Kyle Connor spot on the powerplay.

A much bigger threat to walk the puck out from behind the net or move to the front as a screen, similar to the way Stastny played that position last season.

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
How did the jets clearly wanted stone 1st. Because people around here did. We do have a plethora of wingers and 2 4th line centers as our 3 and 4 centers.
Unless every single reporter/"insider" who has been covering the trade deadline was wrong, that's what we were led to believe.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Needed a center, got a good one. He's better than Little and I like Little a lot. Happy Lemieux is gone and doesn't surprise me. He's going to be hard pressed to stay in a locker room for long if he doesn't smarten up, and I'm not a huge believer that will happen. 1st might be a little much on top but I'm fine with it.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Huge body, left handed play making centre who is good defensively and having a great year......not much to hate there. I’m eager to see him play close up, see how he does with us and then Chevy can determine if he’s a priority to extend or not. Much prefer this option to giving up two 1st and two grade A prospects for Stone

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If we're confident we can sign Stone we can just go after him on July 1st. This was a much more palatable price for a quality player at a position of need than Dorion/Melnyk's asinine asking price for a rental.
Maybe, for the sake of the Ottawa fan base, Ottawa really has no realistic intention of trading Stone and instead will do whatever they can to sign him. Even if they risk losing him for good in the summer. At this point, how much worse can it get for that franchise. It may be worth the risk.

But if Nashville, Calgary or Vegas get Stone...

giphy.gif

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hayes is an all situations player--powerplay, shorthanded, even strength. He has great size and is very responsible defensively. If you guys do stick him with someone like Laine--you'll have someone responsible on his line. Hayes is great at hanging onto the puck and waiting for a play to open up. He's not the most physical player as far as racking up hits but he uses his size very well. Players bounce off him a lot and he doesn't shy away. And he can score goals.

I liked him a lot and to be honest if I were the Rangers GM I would have probably given him the contract he wanted and not traded him. He's a damned good player. The 1st and Lemieux seems fair to me.

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
Hayes was our second best player this year (after Zibanejad). He's underrated because he holds onto the puck so much instead of shooting it; but he's very adept at holding onto it and making a great pass. He can really shoot the puck also and has become an excellent defensive center as well. You made a very good move and the price seems reasonable; certainly a lot less than needed to get Stone.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I never saw any reason to believe that. I think if was obvious that Ottawa didn't want to lose him for anything other than something massive. They may end up losing him for nothing... Winnipeg may have been their best shot and getting anything for him.

Judging from what I saw on social media and the "we want Stone" chants last week, I think plenty of people had fantasies of commercials of Stone watching the Jets with his Dad as a tot (even though he probably never did because he was 3 when they left).

I agree, Ottawa may end up getting squat for him and he walks July 1st. That or Vegas does a massive overpay.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad