Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Golden Knights 7pm Drunk Time (9pm Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Murphy+ for Kessel. Then we immediately trade him to Columbus for bread. Plz

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
WOW, word is Penguins shopping Kessel - they think Hawks could make a logical partner and scouts will be there tonight from the Hawks.... as Murphy is coming back and Penguins would covet him...interesting as I never even thought we had any chance at a Kessel..

hmmmm....

Murphy, Sikura, +
for
Kessel????
i think that would be a boost for the locker room as well. at least for a while. top 6 would be very nice. concentrate on a 3rd line and D in the offseason. would be a big fan of this.

Saad-Toews-Kessel
Debrincat-Strome-Kane
Perlini-Ansimov-Kahun
Martinson-Kampf-Hayden
Kruger

Reactions: AmericanDream

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Saad-Toews-Kessel
Panarin-Hughes-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Kahun
Kampf-Barratt-Hayden

f*** the cap

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm skeptical. Why ld wouthe Pens trade him, and why would the Hawks want him? That's a big salary signed through 21-22, and another 31 year old player...

both teams need to makes changes, Kessel has been playing 3rd line - they could get defense for him or at least a solid combo - for the Hawks, you think McD doesn't want to make a splash here for the STHs??? Kessel and Kane are boys, they wouldn't play on the same line but that power play??? what????? who knows but Yahoo is reporting Kessel being shopped now too, where there is smoke....

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
both teams need to makes changes, Kessel has been playing 3rd line - they could get defense for him or at least a solid combo - for the Hawks, you think McD doesn't want to make a splash here for the STHs??? Kessel and Kane are boys, they wouldn't play on the same line but that power play??? what????? who knows but Yahoo is reporting Kessel being shopped now too, where there is smoke....

The Pens are struggling defensively so they look to... the Blackhawks for help? Lol, what a time to be alive.

I could see the Hawks wanting Kessel, but I don't see how we are a fit for the Pens.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The Pens are struggling defensively so they look to... the Blackhawks for help? Lol, what a time to be alive.

I could see the Hawks wanting Kessel, but I don't see how we are a fit for the Pens.
well, a guy who couldn't even make our blue line last year was coveted by the Cup champs and played top 4 minutes lol...we seem to be the team to go to for dmen that are poorly used

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

They’d probably want Saad. Pittsburgh ownership wants homegrown talent. I don’t want to trade Saad though, especially for someone 5 years older.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Are they really saying that Hawks are after Kessel?
one of the teams - yes...

they were talking about how much the Hawks scouting staff has been active and Bowman himself, they are all over the place - mainly out West - but rumor is they will be at the Penguins/Isles game and it isn't for the Isles...

Kessel is the guy being shopped and the Hawks would make a nice fit for him to bolster our top 6. Murphy's name was mentioned as a possible, but idiot Kypreos did say Keith and that just isn't happening folks...trading Keith for Kessel is something I am against.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kessel is actually a good fit. Hawks need natural goal scorers. ESPECIALLY right handed natural goal scorers(aren't most of them RH? Seems that way.)

Kessel is an engima, too. I don't think his age matters. I mean, his weight, the shape he's in, his fat face, how often he skates in the offseason, eating hot dogs, none of this has affected him in his career. He is somehow a great skater, and can absolutely fly... He's like 6'0 and 210 lbs. and uses something like...a 60 flex stick.

I love me some Kessel. I can't figure him out, but I love him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kessel is actually a good fit. Hawks need natural goal scorers. ESPECIALLY right handed natural goal scorers(aren't most of them RH? Seems that way.)

Kessel is an engima, too. I don't think his age matters. I mean, his weight, the shape he's in, his fat face, how often he skates in the offseason, eating hot dogs, none of this has affected him in his career. He is somehow a great skater, and can absolutely fly... He's like 6'0 and 210 lbs. and uses something like...a 60 flex stick.

At 10m until 21-22? That's another exposed youngin in the Seattle expansion draft, too. He has a NTC/NMC through the life of his contract.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Anisimov+Murphy+2nd for Kessel. Dollars wash out. Spitballing what they could offer...maybe pittsburgh thinks they need depth and go for quantity bundle

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

he looks physically like one of the most unhealthy athletes in the game, pale, fat face, sloppy looking, hunched at times, bad breath hahahaha...but the dude can flat out play, and the Penguins are trying to light a fire under everyone and have put Kessel to the third line to play with spare parts...if we have something to offer for Kessel I think we should highly look into it..like you said this guy is going to be playing the game for at least 3-4 more years at a very high level..he defies logic lol!

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
tumblr_pi7y0h2aLG1xkok61o1_400.jpg

preparing for tonight boys and gals!!!

Drink up you will need it lol

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Anisimov+Murphy+2nd for Kessel. Dollars wash out. Spitballing what they could offer...maybe pittsburgh thinks they need depth and go for quantity bundle
the more I do think about, is a Keith for Kessel that far off???

Kypreos could be right - that is what the Pens would want from us, the salary would even out or close to it, and we lose a NMC for the expansion draft...Keith has to waive, but damn if you look at it objectively, it could make sense for both sides...though I am torn and would not want Keith to be traded, but that would shake shit up!

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
The Pens already have an army of LD. I don't think Keith would be their target.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
His cap hit is only 6.8.

He makes like 6.8 per and he’s been a great producer.

Yeah, not sure why I was thinking it was 10m for some reason. :dunno:

Still a lot of money for a 31 year old. I wanted the team to get younger, not older. Maybe I'm wrong. I just don't know if it's the right move.

Kypreos could be right - that is what the Pens would want from us, the salary would even out or close to it, and we lose a NMC for the expansion draft...Keith has to waive, but damn if you look at it objectively, it could make sense for both sides...though I am torn and would not want Keith to be traded, but that would shake **** up!

Hawks don't lose a NMC for the expansion draft. Kessel also has one. Unless that goes away once he waives to come here? IDK how that works for the expansion draft. But you would have to get both Keith and Kessel to waive. Dunno if that happens.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Kypreos could be right - that is what the Pens would want from us, the salary would even out or close to it, and we lose a NMC for the expansion draft...Keith has to waive, but damn if you look at it objectively, it could make sense for both sides...though I am torn and would not want Keith to be traded, but that would shake **** up!

Leaving aside the aspect of Keith actually waiving, I don't think that would make sense for the Hawks. If you are acquiring Kessel, you are trying to win next year. To that end, I don't think it makes sense to trade Keith. I know we have great prospects coming but I don't think you can just pencil them in for 20+ minutes on a playoff team right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad