Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Golden Knights 7pm Drunk Time (9pm Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He can’t create off the rush, he can’t join the rush, he can’t handle pucks in traffic, he can’t create his own shot. Can’t get pucks through to the net. He defers too much to his partner on the forecheck causing problems. How many nade passes have you seen launched at Forsling or Jokiharju? What I’m saying is, he plays fine defending. There’s a lot more to being an NHL defenseman than defending, especially if you want to consider him good still. I disagree. To each their own. Jokiharju is our best D by a fair bit.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He can’t create off the rush, he can’t join the rush, he can’t handle pucks in traffic, he can’t create his own shot. Can’t get pucks through to the net. He defers too much to his partner on the forecheck causing problems. How many nade passes have you seen launched at Forsling or Jokiharju? What I’m saying is, he plays fine defending. There’s a lot more to being an NHL defenseman than defending, especially if you want to consider him good still. I disagree. To each their own. Jokiharju is our best D by a fair bit.

Tell that to our coach

He believe #23 and #7 are the beacons of light that all should aspire to be on D

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So the Keith defenders (he has not gone over the cliff but the team situation has him down and this psychologically is affecting his play because he KNOWS it is futile so why even try) vs. The No ..his eye test shows he is over the cliff finished ...doing nothing offensively. .horrid in defending losing puck battles. .guys getting past him...fumbles. .lost awareness. .much slower/lost more than a step..and of course his shot gone for years now...he is no longer even close to the great Keith of the glory years..but now even worse than just "another guy"...worse than that ...imagine! WHICH group has it correct?

Keith still gas talent but dogging it cause team a list cause OR he REALLY stinks cause he REALLY stinks ...has list the "it"and sunk to useless incompetence levels never imagined since his horrid rookie days?

One Keith shift stuck in my mind from last night ..Hawks were never outbox our D-zone for a very lengthy time ..Keith had shown he was unable to get puck off his check. .always list every puck battle on that long shift..could not even stay with his check when the guy zogged one WY then another then back again..Fact ..Keith looked old and "past cababiluty"in defended g on that shift. REALITY CHECK . He is way over the cliff to my eyes!!!

I do not think it is just an attitude throw in the towel do not try..I think he tried o that shift. But was found to be UNABLE to defend with any sort of
effective competence...He just "can't do it" anymore... I say more 90% old age has caught up to him fast and only 10% a want or attitude issue. .

We CAN blame vets for mailing it in (want isdues)..We cannot blame them if they simply get old faster than anyone expected and lose the ability to play well.

In the Kane situation ..he has no jump ..he is no longer scoring g goals and his assist rate is 1 and done ..and not eve every game over this bad period the last month for him..

And so I cannot believe Kane at his still younger age than old man Keith ....that Kane has list his abut to play as a difference-maker..In his case I see a want issue..Not interested in going on any mission to single handedly see the Hawks with multi-point the games by his own effort generation or by checking hard to prevent goals.He simply looks not interested in trying hard. EFORT is not there ..and when it sporadically shows itbisxbrief. ...couple of shifts or just 1 period.. Not a full 60 and not every game.

1 star gas faded by loss of ability ...The other by loos of want .

Seabrook...loss of ability ...Toews ...very sporadic and the old difference-maker greatness that he showed early at the start of the season...only flashes here and there now. FRUSTRATION probably affecting a fragile confidence level...the temptation of the Country Club slacker keep on tugging at him..but also at his Ge and so my hard Hames played early in career...maybe he just cannot maintain the hot start he had for very long. SO because of such sporadic showings only. .he too may not be consistent enough to be a "star"and the difference-making stars bring.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It is pretty impressive how many pages our GDT’s are getting to this season even though we’re even worse than last year. Last year it seemed like they’d max out at 9-10 pages. Maybe it’s still early in the season and people aren’t fed up yet

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It is pretty impressive how many pages our GDT’s are getting to this season even though we’re even worse than last year. Last year it seemed like they’d max out at 9-10 pages. Maybe it’s still early in the season and people aren’t fed up yet

I think it's opposite. Everyone is pissed off, lol. Seems every thread gets a little testy these days and has a good "fight" or two that last a few pages.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Keith needs to re-invent his game, if he plans on playing out his contract and being a top 4 guy for us.

I wouldn't care if he puts up 15-20pts a year, as long as he can play solid defense, and mentor the kids.

Let Jokiharju, Boqvist and Forsling be our offensive producers on the backend.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Keith needs to re-invent his game, if he plans on playing out his contract and being a top 4 guy for us.

I wouldn't care if he puts up 15-20pts a year, as long as he can play solid defense, and mentor the kids.

Let Jokiharju, Boqvist and Forsling be our offensive producers on the backend.
The trouble is he can't play defense much anymore. I saw him just swing his stick at a winger along the boards in our zone, miss wildly, and have the winger just skate by him for a shot. It made Manning look good.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Nate Schmidt is actually really good though. I wanted the hawks to make a move for him when he was still with the Caps.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
There are two things this team continues to do that drive me crazy. They constantly start periods slow and way too often they let 1 goal turn into 2 or 3 within a minute or two. It's maddening. If they could clean that up, I think they'd be competitive most nights. I realize that's a bit like saying, except for when they are bad, they are good, lol, but those seem like trends that can be fixed.
Seems like a good time to bump this. Goal in first 2 mintues then 2 in 12 seconds. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad