Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Janmark

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Do you think that impacts Dach’s development and potential though? I’ve seen other people, who I presume are smarter than me, say Dach playing with Kane is bad for Dach.
It’s basically play Dach with Kane, or be forced to have a line with Strome that in most situations you can’t play regardless. And then you get Kane being double shifted.

It’s just a bad situation, but Dach is a smart guy clearly, I think he’d end up fine regardless, I don’t think he’ll abandon playing a two way game just because Kane is on the ice which is way more important than deferring to him a little more.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It’s basically play Dach with Kane, or be forced to have a line with Strome that in most situations you can’t play regardless. And then you get Kane being double shifted.

It’s just a bad situation, but Dach is a smart guy clearly, I think he’d end up fine regardless, I don’t think he’ll abandon playing a two way game just because Kane is on the ice which is way more important than deferring to him a little more.

It just makes me nervous to think playing with Kane could hurt his development. It sets him up for some big ice time though, like we saw against Edmonton and Vegas where he was averaging more than Toews.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
It just makes me nervous to think playing with Kane could hurt his development. It sets him up for some big ice time though, like we saw against Edmonton and Vegas where he was averaging more than Toews.

and he did very well with that big ice time, never liked Strome playing C for Kane, they are both set up guys.

to be honest I would be playing Kane with Toews at this point, Dach has his own line and if we keep Strome he has his own 3rd line but that has to have the correct type of wingers to make up for Stromes inability to skate

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Janmark of all people? Looking at the roster I can identify 3 major needs:

1.) Goaltending
2.) High end offense
3.) Grit

Maybe I'm missing the point but does Janmark help the team? The guy is soft and an offensive blackhole. Great role player of course but do the Blackhawks really need another PK guy? I don't think so.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Janmark of all people? Looking at the roster I can identify 3 major needs:

1.) Goaltending
2.) High end offense
3.) Grit

Maybe I'm missing the point but does Janmark help the team? The guy is soft and an offensive blackhole. Great role player of course but do the Blackhawks really need another PK guy? I don't think so.
We also need good defensive forwards and Janmark helps that, but what's the point if we are rebuilding?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
We also need good defensive forwards and Janmark helps that, but what's the point if we are rebuilding?
What else do they do? People always groan how prospects need to earn it! But if you're rebuilding thats not so? They should be given spots? I mean, what all else do you do but sign 1 year vets you may sell off at the trade deadline

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lol. Some of you guys have been absolutely insufferable the last few days. Holy shit.

Janmark is basically a 3C, right? Do the Hawks have anyone who is ready to step into the 3C role, right now? And don't say Strome. Or is he a winger now? I haven't watched much of him, to be honest.

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I personally think there are more moves coming. Janmark will be tradable at the TD as well. I am assuming that they are going to ease some rookies/young guys in this season and not just throw then to the wolves, this is what I would do at least.

I love Crow but letting him go is good for the rebuild.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Lol. Some of you guys have been absolutely insufferable the last few days. Holy shit.

Janmark is basically a 3C, right? Do the Hawks have anyone who is ready to step into the 3C role, right now? And don't say Strome. Or is he a winger now? I haven't watched much of him, to be honest.

There’s no point in spending on a guy like Janmark at that AAV. It’s a dumb waste of cap space which is at a premium right now. There will be dozens of guys like Janmark unsigned a month from now willing to take league minimum.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
There’s no point in spending on a guy like Janmark at that AAV. It’s a dumb waste of cap space which is at a premium right now. There will be dozens of guys like Janmark unsigned a month from now willing to take league minimum.
Who is one currently? No there is plenty of Kahun's that some people want. Skilled middle 6 plyers who aren't really much for a PP and not a Pker or defensively sound at all. That's what is all over the market.

Defensively solid wingers, not so much.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Dozens of guys like Janmark? Lol. Such as?

Why does the contract really matter? It's a one year deal, and they can likely flip him at the TDL(if the season even makes it that far). Janmark will help out the PK. This team isn't trying to win the Stanley Cup, FFS. Janmark is a filler, who can take some pressure off the kids in the bottom six, and give them room to develop...

Half this board is f***ing unhinged right now.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Who is one currently? No there is plenty of Kahun's that some people want. Skilled middle 6 plyers who aren't really much for a PP and not a Pker or defensively sound at all. That's what is all over the market.

Defensively solid wingers, not so much.

Why does the contract really matter? It's a one year deal, and they can likely flip him at the TDL(if the season even makes it that far). Janmark will help out the PK. This team isn't trying to win the Stanley Cup, FFS. Janmark is a filler, who can take some pressure off the kids in the bottom six, and give them room to develop...

Plenty of 3rd/4th line plugs to fill out the roster for far cheaper. If you are making the argument for a PK guy I get it but we will have Carpenter, Kampf, Toews, Dach, maybe Shaw and could have had Caggiula for cheaper. Hell Im sure high more could chip in on the PK as well. Judging by his stats from last year it doesn’t seem like Janmark takes many draws so in my mind he’s more in line with a winger than 3C.

If we were going to punt the season I would much rather use the space to our advantage to gain some picks/prospects. That’s all.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Plenty of 3rd/4th line plugs to fill out the roster for far cheaper. If you are making the argument for a PK guy I get it but we will have Carpenter, Kampf, Toews, Dach, maybe Shaw and could have had Caggiula for cheaper. Hell Im sure high more could chip in on the PK as well. Judging by his stats from last year it doesn’t seem like Janmark takes many draws so in my mind he’s more in line with a winger than 3C.

If we were going to punt the season I would much rather use the space to our advantage to gain some picks/prospects. That’s all.

I hope this moves Toews off of the PK, to be perfectly honest. Let Kampf/Carpenter take the PK center duties.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il

And you're the other half. And as far as liking Janmark, he has a LOT of cousins.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
And you're the other half. And as far as liking Janmark, he has a LOT of cousins.

Lol. I realize this team is likely going to suck, and have accepted it. They will have a ton of young players, and will be an adventure to watch. Maybe everyone should modify their expectations? I don't like Janmark. I'm indifferent towards him, because his signing DOESN'T f***ING MATTER in the big picture. It's a stop gap.

For people to be getting so bent out of shape about what's transpiring with the Hawks, in a year in which we aren't even sure we'll see an NHL season start, and finish....is absolutely mind blowing. Imagine being one of the teams dumping assets, mortgaging the future, making big moves and signings, and then losing the season to COVID.... Talk about a colossal f***ing waste.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

He's exactly the type they can trade at the deadline to get picks or a meh prospect for. I dont get being mad when that's there.

But Shaw/Cags aren't PKers. Those aren't all out there in droves. If they signed Kahun a big deal id say well so many of that exist because it's true. Athanasius, Duclair, Perlini, etc. A lot of guys still in their 20s who had that 1 or 2 good seasons of offense but are 1 dimensional. That's what's all over the market.

Reactions: Muffinalt and Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

He is a LW

He was awful as a C especially at faceoffs so he was moved to wing

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
In assessing the Hawks moves, I'd like to know what the status of the Hawks injured players are. Anyone know if Smith, Shaw or Seabrook may end up on LTIR at the beginning of the season?

One other thing. Anyone venture a guess as to whether the Avs would be interested in Keith? What could the Hawks get from the Avs for Keith?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He is a LW

He was awful as a C especially at faceoffs so he was moved to wing a few years ago

So he will block ....who, from making this team? Hawks aren't exactly loaded at LW. He's a role playing third liner who is signed for a year. He will provide depth and PK help. If they had signed him long term I'd be right there bitching with people, but it's seriously a one year contract people. Who gives a shit?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So he will block ....who, from making this team? Hawks aren't exactly loaded at LW. He's a role playing third liner who is signed for a year. He will provide depth and PK help. If they had signed him long term I'd be right there bitching with people, but it's seriously a one year contract people. Who gives a shit?

Kurashev plays LW as well as C
Suter likely will be LW in NHL (Played C last year in Switzerland)
Hagel is a LW

There are 3 guys right there he very well may block

I would rather have any of those 3 then f***ing Janmark on roster

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kurashev plays LW as well as C
Suter likely will be LW in NHL (Played C last year in Switzerland)
Hagel is a LW

There are 3 guys right there he very well may block

I would rather have any of those 3 then f***ing Janmark on roster

So you listed two guys who played center last season, and a 4th line LW as people he would be blocking? Also, guys who play center....can almost always play RW or LW. Janmark won't block anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad