Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Janmark

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
That part I understand, and I'm sure they will.

Just trying to figure out how we're spending cap space. We've got 6M left. Strome is presumably going to get 3 or 3.5M.

Although I think more trades could also be coming.

He’s not bringing Strome back. Somehow signing a guy like Janmark is a bigger priority than locking up Strome.

“Rebuild!”

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He’s not bringing Strome back. Somehow signing a guy like Janmark is a bigger priority than locking up Strome.

“Rebuild!”
Is he supposed to up his offer to Strome? Or what? No that's on Strome to deal with and take it or look for a QO if he's unhappy

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don’t care if Strome is unhappy. Is he part of the future of this team? If so, you finish a deal with him.
And the rush is? Theres a reported range of number out there. Stan presumably gave him that offer. What more should he do? Should he pay him more because you're impatient?

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il

Just trying to figure out how we're spending cap space. We've got 6M left. Strome is presumably going to get 3 or 3.5M.

If it's over $3m, Stan should be banished...Also, Janmark goes from less than $700k to $2.25m after a 21 (oops) point season?? Stan, still handing out the tips.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
And the rush is?

As Musto just said, the cap space is disappearing again. Soon, you’re going to hit a point where you’re forcing him to accept a bullshit QO or moving him.

It makes no sense to do this to a guy who you think is part of the future of this franchise.

So, I think Bowman doesn’t see Strome as being part of the future.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Strome’s gone buddy. You said it yourself with how the a Hawks are drafting. They aren’t putting up with soft play anymore.

I don’t know what the return will be but I’d start kissing him goodbye.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
does not make a lot of sense especially at that $$$

we have young kids that I would rather see get opportunities

perhaps this is a precursor for another move or like some have said a signing to flip at the trade deadline...

hope its the former and a Goalie is involved

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I like Janmark but I don’t understand the signing here unless it’s to flip him for a pick at the deadline

Has to be.

Probably why we gave him the inflated cap number too, instead of him waiting around for the 1-1.5 mil offers from contenders at the end of the summer.

I think it's a nice rebuilding move. Basically another Wingles. I would've preferred we use our cap space differently, but probably the opportunities weren't there.

He also fills the vacant PK spot of Saad until Kirby can become mainstay.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Strome’s gone buddy. You said it yourself with how the a Hawks are drafting. They aren’t putting up with soft play anymore.

I don’t know what the return will be but I’d start kissing him goodbye.

I agree that he’s more likely than not gone. I think that’s a mistake as Strome is a fine center for Kane.

Get them a power forward type for the LW and quit f***ing with it.

Strome can likely be locked up for pretty cheap right now, and I think will consistently produce around 60 points.

Yes he needs to be sheltered, yes he needs heavy offensive zone starts, but so does Kane. I’d rather have Strome playing that role with Kane than Dach as Dach has potential to be much more dynamic than that.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
A Strome deal has to be in the works...no other explanation for the delay announcing his extension...they have the cap space and he remains the only unsigned RFA in the org

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I agree that he’s more likely than not gone. I think that’s a mistake as Strome is a fine center for Kane.

Get them a power forward type for the LW and quit f***ing with it.

Strome can likely be locked up for pretty cheap right now, and I think will consistently produce around 60 points.

Yes he needs to be sheltered, yes he needs heavy offensive zone starts, but so does Kane. I’d rather have Strome playing that role with Kane than Dach as Dach has potential to be much more dynamic than that.
Dach needs to play with Kane. He has the offensive potential while if paired with another responsible winger that line can do some real damage.

For years we’ve had Toews play the sole shutdown role while Kane has played with the scraps. Let’s roll 4 lines that aren’t going to be hemmed the entire time, you don’t see other teams have an entire line be that useless in the defensive end.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Dach needs to play with Kane. He has the offensive potential while if paired with another responsible winger that line can do some real damage.

For years we’ve had Toews play the sole shutdown role while Kane has played with the scraps. Let’s roll 4 lines that aren’t going to be hemmed the entire time, you don’t see other teams have an entire line be that useless in the defensive end.

Do you think that impacts Dach’s development and potential though? I’ve seen other people, who I presume are smarter than me, say Dach playing with Kane is bad for Dach.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
A Strome deal has to be in the works...no other explanation for the delay announcing his extension...they have the cap space and he remains the only unsigned RFA in the org

Yep, something has to be in the works.

I’ll be interested to see the return is.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Typicaly Bowman player--Janmark is a good 3rd line signing......we will get a good view of Kurashev this year, IMO.....Package Strome, Nylander and Dehaan ----and get a grinding Power forward.....c'mon Stan!

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kinda want Dach on a line of his own where he is thee guy...Not deferring to Kane every time, we saw that last year and he needs to develop that mentality to drive his own line and take his opportunities when he can...When he's shown that growth in his game then maybe consider moving him up to play with Kane, but we saw this happen with Panarin as well..

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If Kane is with Strome and Dach is on his own line hows he getting enough icetime he deserves? And if he's on the 3rd line. Well he'll likely have Janmark with him. So solid D 3rd line but not the biggest splash impact

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Kane is with Strome and Dach is on his own line hows he getting enough icetime he deserves?

In all reality Strome is probably gone this offseason and this exact question you pose is why Dach will play with Kane next year...They have to get Kirby his minutes...unless they take Toews minutes down which might not be a bad idea as he gets older...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad