Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Janmark

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Meh... only one year. This does nothing in terms of a rebuild.

Wonder what this means for Strome?

(If anything)

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Meh... only one year. This does nothing in terms of a rebuild.

Wonder what this means for Strome?

(If anything)
I really think he’s going out the door or he would have been signed already like Kubalik. We have a ton of forwards now.

Janmark is an excellent PKer and has zero finish. But he’ll hustle around the ice.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-Nylander
Janmark-Strome-Suter
Shaw-Kampf-Carpenter
Highmore

are they tanking? whats going on.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Kubalik-Dach-Nylander
Janmark-Strome-Suter
Shaw-Kampf-Carpenter
Highmore

are they tanking? whats going on.
I think Smith isn't playing this year. They can send certain guys down at the start of the season to be cap compliant and then call them up after Smith goes on LTIR.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
im saying that forward lineup isnt bad enough to really tank. the defense is and the goalies are. 1 foot in 1 foot out.....for now.
The defense isn't awful either. The goalies, otoh.....

Keith-Boqvist
de Haan-Murphy
Zadorov-Mitchell

is not that bad. It's lacking a true #1D but Keith is still a #2 and all of the vets are NHL D and probably 2nd pairing quality....Boqvist and Mitchell are young, so if you're complaining about them it makes no sense.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
The defense isn't awful either. The goalies, otoh.....
I just hope we don't do something stupid like trade strome who is a talented, young enough piece movable to address other needs, for an end of the road bandaid like fleury which will do zero to help the long term plan and needs of this franchise

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Janmark is overrated and overhyped trash

All this move accomplishes is taking a spot that could have been occupied by a kid like Kurashev or Hagel

The team is f***ing trash with the most embarrassing collection of trash in net and here we are throwing away 2M+ and a roster spot on someone who has never once lived up to the hype and has done jack shit the last two seasons

Oh and he is about to turn 28

f*** off Stanley

Reactions: Sticktape

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
The hawks basically bought a 2nd/3rd pick at the TDL with this signing. I was hoping they would do some of these signings.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I just hope we don't do something stupid like trade strome who is a talented, young enough piece movable to address other needs, for an end of the road bandaid like fleury which will do zero to help the long term plan and needs of this franchise
If they're getting Fleury+Krebs/Glass+a pick I'm fine trading Strome for that.
Glass is an upgrade on Strome and NHL ready on an ELC.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Decent PKer that might get us a mid to late pick at the deadline, assuming we actually trade for those anymore or if this guy doesn't have a no movement clause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad