Confirmed with Link: Hawks sign Janmark

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm on board with a return like that, but I have zero confidence Bowman pulls that off

He’s not pulling that off because it’s not something Vegas is even considering. Just because they failed to move MAF for the price they tried doesn’t mean they’re automatically now including their top two prospects as sweeteners. This is a made up fan proposal, but now we’re talking about it like it’s an actual possibility.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He’s not pulling that off because it’s not something Vegas is even considering. Just because they failed to move MAF for the price the tried doesn’t mean they’re automatically now including their top two prospects as sweeteners. This is a made up fan proposal, but now we’re talking about it like it’s an actual possibility.
I'm not saying both, I'm saying one of them.
It took the Leafs trading a 1st to dump Marleau for a year and getting Strome in return isn't awful as he's still a useful player.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
The defense isn't awful either. The goalies, otoh.....

Keith-Boqvist
de Haan-Murphy
Zadorov-Mitchell

is not that bad. It's lacking a true #1D but Keith is still a #2 and all of the vets are NHL D and probably 2nd pairing quality....Boqvist and Mitchell are young, so if you're complaining about them it makes no sense.
thats a bottom 10 unit in the league. we dont have a top pair defenseman at this point.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'm not saying both, I'm saying one of them.
It took the Leafs trading a 1st to dump Marleau for a year and getting Strome in return isn't awful as he's still a useful player.

It doesn’t matter what you’re saying. Vegas has shown no hint they’re willing to attach either to MAF. As BWC said, they’re now trying to move a defenseman instead.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Calling Janmark a mid 6 player is a bit of a stretch though. Was he our guy or could Stan still be looking?

If we sign Strome to 2.9 now, we have another 2 mil in cap.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Its fine, but 2.25M seems like a lot for a player that isn't all that good. Still just think we overpay everywhere possible.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In his rookie years 4 seasons ago Janmark was a +12

He is -10 over 4cseasons now...posting 3 consective minus seasons ...

Basically 4th liner dime a dozen.

Anyone got his pk stats...maybe he can at least do that job?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Stars PK was 17th in NHL with Janmark one of the primary PK forward

So yippee we add a mediocre talent who is mediocre at killing penalties

Also he wont have Bishop/Khudobin in net ,,,,,, He will have the Subban/Delia/Lankinen trio in net

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Pking numbers aren't easy to judge via players impact. Theres the hockey reference Ga/icetime stat and the 2 previous years he was quite good but less so this year. But seems to be usually minute and a half avg 2nd forward group of PKer type.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Mediocre bottom 6 talent is easy to acquire

Teams dont line up to give away quality assets for underwhelming trash like Janmark

Easy to acquire..... sure, but it’s also not where you should he overpaying.

Bottom 6 players need to be developed and replaced internally and remain cost effective/cheap. You need to pay top 6 talent and top 2 defensive pairings and keep those guys more than anyone else.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The hawks could retain most if not all of it, and get an asset in return.

likely a 3rd.
That part I understand, and I'm sure they will.

Just trying to figure out how we're spending cap space. We've got 6M left. Strome is presumably going to get 3 or 3.5M.

Although I think more trades could also be coming.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Easy to acquire..... sure, but it’s also not where you should he overpaying.

Bottom 6 players need to be developed and replaced internally and remain cost effective/cheap. You need to pay top 6 talent and top 2 defensive pairings and keep those guys more than anyone else.

So acquiring $3 million+ third pairing defensemen and bottom sixers like Janmark and Shaw isn’t great?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad