Confirmed with Link: Hawks get Taylor Hall & Nick Foligno from BOS for Regula & Mitchell

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I like it. Gives Bedard a decent linemate and we can flip him at the deadline if he haves a good season. Shame we have to give up a generational AHL dman, though. Oh well...
Not that it's a big deal, but Hall has some form of modified NTC. With his contract, I'm thinking Hall will be here at least 1.5 years.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Musto is probably seeking out a meth lab now, but this is a solid trade with the D depth the org has.......Entwistle doesn't appear to do anything particularly well.....maybe we can steal some toughness from Vancouver for him....this is veterban skill & leadership with very manageable hits and terms.....and we gave up some pretty decent AHLers for them.....nicely done.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I like both players and it doesn't hurt the Hawks rebuild. Now get Domi, please.

This year should be at least optimistic in terms of viewing enjoyment.

Reactions: coolhand and ello

ello

Jun 12, 2018
hopefully this puts to bed those stupid 25+25 projections for Bedards rookie season

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Will the Bruins qualify and sign both Mitchell and Regula? Will the fact that Mitchell has arb rights have any impact?

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Musto is probably seeking out a meth lab now, but this is a solid trade with the D depth the org has.......Entwistle doesn't appear to do anything particularly well.....maybe we can steal some toughness from Vancouver for him....this is veterban skill & leadership with very manageable hits and terms.....and we gave up some pretty decent AHLers for them.....nicely done.
Maybe Musto will follow Mitchell to the Bruins board like Boxcar went to the Oilers.

Reactions: Pez68

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I’m a bit surprised Chicago couldn’t get a pick from a team that had to make a trade. Regardless, as long as Hall doesn’t fall off a cliff, Chicago gets a pick in 2025 when he’s traded to a contender- maybe back to Boston?

At least Hall is a better use of cap space than AA. I can’t believe that dude got a 2 year deal.

I think both Mitchell and Regula were amongst the long line of tweener defensemen that Chicago has. I’d guess Mitchell has a better chance at nhl success but he has got to improve his core strength bc I can’t recall an nhl defenseman being rag dolled as often as he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad