Confirmed with Link: Hawks get Taylor Hall & Nick Foligno from BOS for Regula & Mitchell

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
It's not easy coming into the NHL as young D to a team where the forwards don't do **** to help isolate you....unless your job is to not play defense and go score goals.

That's not to say the blame doesn't go around, but under JC the structure & effort was a mess.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
The Hawks don't have a lot of offensive D or RHD in their pipeline and Boqvist is both.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Hall is pretty much the same as Killorn in free agency IMO. Should get around 60 points playing top minutes and pp on the left side with Bedard. He will be a vet leader signed 2 years at 6 million is great. I hope he eventually wants to be here and puts in good effort

Murphy Johnson Foligno Hall Jones all worthy of a letter. I wonder if adding these vets gives them opportunities to trade away Murphy or Johnson if someone is interested.

50% retained Tyler Johnson aint to shabby.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Wouldn't say that, we could use someone that can score from the point on the PP.
I wouldn't mind Boqvist but that's not his skill. He had zero PP goals this year, 3 the year before, and 1 with the Hawks.

One thing I wanted him to stay in the OHL another year for was to be a point guy more. Bouchard played the point but Boqvist was lethal on the PP from the half wall shooting around the dot. He could still be a good option there if teams used guys at what they are good at.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Not true

Tarasenko
You have written or video evidence that Tarasenko wanted to sign for 2 years in Chicago? For 6 million per? With only a 10 team no trade list?

If not PLEASE STFU. You making stuff up needs to stop. It’s getting old.

We all get it. You don’t like Davidson but for f***s sake, pick your spots better.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I wouldn't mind Boqvist but that's not his skill. He had zero PP goals this year, 3 the year before, and 1 with the Hawks.

One thing I wanted him to stay in the OHL another year for was to be a point guy more. Bouchard played the point but Boqvist was lethal on the PP from the half wall shooting around the dot. He could still be a good option there if teams used guys at what they are good at.
It is his skill, he just hasn't been deployed in it much. He has an amazing shot, He could definitely be a QB of a PP, and that's what I was talking about. Seth Jones definitely ain't it.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
It’s also worth noting we still don’t know if Raddysh and Katchouk will be here at the start of the season. The world junior scandal is getting resolved this summer so we need some assurance
Since Raddysh wasn’t in the same country at the time I think he’s safe.
Katchouk (though not awful) tops out as a 4th liner (to me) or 13th forward.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
3E73D715-6541-4BF5-9823-FEA420A124A0.jpeg

Reactions: d rake

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
So it seems KD is sticking to his claims of highly valuing guys who can skate. I know Hall is a bit past his prime but he's still got wheels.

Going to be really interesting to see who they take at 19.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
forgot that Foligno played with Seth in Columbus, does seem like he's for sure signing given what KD said in the public statement about valuing his leadership

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Good trade. 2 years left at $6mn per with modified no trade clause. Hall should be good for Bedard and comes off the books before the 25-26 season which is perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad