Confirmed with Link: Hawks get Taylor Hall & Nick Foligno from BOS for Regula & Mitchell

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I’m a bit surprised Chicago couldn’t get a pick from a team that had to make a trade. Regardless, as long as Hall doesn’t fall off a cliff, Chicago gets a pick in 2025 when he’s traded to a contender- maybe back to Boston?

At least Hall is a better use of cap space than AA. I can’t believe that dude got a 2 year deal.

I think both Mitchell and Regula were amongst the long line of tweener defensemen that Chicago has. I’d guess Mitchell has a better chance at nhl success but he has got to improve his core strength bc I can’t recall an nhl defenseman being rag dolled as often as he does.
They still can.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’m a bit surprised Chicago couldn’t get a pick from a team that had to make a trade. Regardless, as long as Hall doesn’t fall off a cliff, Chicago gets a pick in 2025 when he’s traded to a contender- maybe back to Boston?

At least Hall is a better use of cap space than AA. I can’t believe that dude got a 2 year deal.

I think both Mitchell and Regula were amongst the long line of tweener defensemen that Chicago has. I’d guess Mitchell has a better chance at nhl success but he has got to improve his core strength bc I can’t recall an nhl defenseman being rag dolled as often as he does.

Neither can skate well enough to ever be anything more than a 7th D.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Love the trade.

I’m really starting to get excited when I think about how good this team can become in the next 2-3 years.

If the correct decisions are made by the FO in terms of drafting, free agency, trades, and overall roster construction there’s really no reason we shouldn’t become a contender. We have all the things you need:

-A generational face of the franchise to build around

-A massive overall amount of draft picks in the first 3 rounds over a short 3-4 year span

-A ton of $$ being freed up and financial flexibility to become aggressive and creative

-A major market that will attract stars and provide its many other benefits

Call me crazy but It really does look like we’re about to enter another lengthy era of Cup contention. Give it 2-3 more years. Trust in the new minds running the FO to make the right moves. Good times ahead.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Hall at 3mil for 1.5 years is going to return something really nice at the deadline next season. Good trade.

Reactions: Drumman44

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Any chance the Hawks flip Hall on Wednesday and he never actually plays for Chicago? Crazy thought...Hall with 50% retained & 35th pick for 14th pick and Granlund.

Reactions: BHawks77

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Even if we for some god forsaken reason traded for him to come back here he would only be available for 40-50 games before an inevitable injury

Taylor Hall isnt exactly competing for the Iron Man streak himself.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I like the trade a lot. Pretty optimistic that Bedard is going to be in good hands with Chicago going forward. A few more solid moves throughout the offseason and I’ll be even more confident than I already am that he’s going to have a terrific rookie campaign.

As a fan of the game and its most elite players first over any one team, I expect to have fun watching a lot more Chicago games over the coming years.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
I like the trade a lot. Pretty optimistic that Bedard is going to be in good hands with Chicago going forward. A few more solid moves throughout the offseason and I’ll be even more confident than I already am that he’s going to have a terrific rookie campaign.

As a fan of the game and its most elite players first over any one team, I expect to have fun watching a lot more Chicago games over the coming years.
I wouldn't expect them to do a whole lot more this offseason in terms of improving the roster. They want to get Bedard some help but they're not looking to win many games. Need 1 or 2 more years picking in the top 5-10. You don't win in the salary cap era buy overpaying veterans, need a stocked system, trying to avoid being the Oilers/Leafs. Macklin Celebrini would look pretty nice in red & black...

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
What’s the point of this trade? We took on 2 years of cap dump for what most likely will be a 0.5ppg player, I would much rather bring Kane back than take on 6 million in Tyler hall. I don’t get this all the sudden hate for Kane and Toews by this management.

• Haha
Reactions: Naster Okan

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What’s the point of this trade? We took on 2 years of cap dump for what most likely will be a 0.5ppg player, I would much rather bring Kane back than take on 6 million in Tyler hall. I don’t get this all the sudden hate for Kane and Toews by this management.
what do you think regula and mitchell are worth? hall and foligno are potentially going to be worth a couple picks, possibly some good ones, so its a clear win trade for KD

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Give your head a shake. The team does not need a floater who can't (or won't) play the game properly.

As for Toews: I'd sign him for the right price but I think he's had it with Chicago.

Hall could surprise as he will likely be given top minutes here and I wouldn't be surprised if Luke convinces Davidson to sign Foligno who is his type of player.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
0.5 ppg player? He was almost 0.6 ppg playing on the 3rd line with basically zero help and very little PP time, and that was, by far, the lowest PPG of his career. He then followed it up with being, in my viewings, the best player on the Bruins in the playoffs. If you don't think he will put up more that 0.5 PPG playing on a line with Berard and with much more PPG, I am not sure what to tell you.

Reactions: Pez68 and wladyslaw

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Who said anything about Mitchel and Regula genius?
It's a no lose situation. If Hall stays healthy and puts up points with Bedard, you trade him with retention for a haul at the deadline. If not, life goes on.

For Kane and Toews. I suspect this comes from above Kyle's head. They just seem to want to move on from most things from the dynasty years.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If you don't understand the point of the trade, you may as well stop watching hockey all together.
Who hates T & K?

Last edited:

milesfj

Jul 15, 2020
i understand this guy was a something for nothing, but i remember when he quit in buffalo because the team was terrible, and he loved the coach there. remember he said that is the reason he went to buffalo, was ralph kruger.

are the blackhawks going to be competitive enough for him to not quit on his team? or at least long enough to get traded for some kind of value?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
i understand this guy was a something for nothing, but i remember when he quit in buffalo because the team was terrible, and he loved the coach there. remember he said that is the reason he went to buffalo, was ralph kruger.

are the blackhawks going to be competitive enough for him to not quit on his team? or at least long enough to get traded for some kind of value?
Guess we'll find out, I mean, not like we traded anything for him, so it would be no loss if it didn't work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00