Have you become a Bernier believer?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I've seen enough to recognize that Bernier has a better grasp of the fundamentals compared to Reimer. At the very least, it's evident that teams won't be able to exploit a weak glove hand or poor rebound control when Bernier is in goal.

jomas

Aug 23, 2008
snows too much
He's only had 1 and a half game(s?) played, we have a lot of time, and while he definitely has the potential to be an amazing goaltender, he has yet to prove it on a NHL level.

I sometimes wonder why I enter these threads.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
RGj6pX.gif

BEST
GIF
EVER

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Bernier gave the Leafs the boost they needed and chance to win tonight. Reimer on the other hand, not so much :shakehead

2pts. earned that could either make or break our playoff chances.

Tyler Biggs*

Big win! Leafs look good! Tough team to play.

That's what you call great goaltending. Great performance by Bernier, he is a beast!

I didn't have a lot of confidence in Bernier after watching him in the pre-season. He has changed my opinion of him. Looked good!

This is a new Leafs team haters, deal with it.

12Gage09

Jul 14, 2013
London
Since I heard they traded for him. He's also been a #1 calibre goalie but was never guna play behind the elite Jonathan Quick.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Since preseason

Since we acquired him. So much poise in net, such sound fundamental game. Reimer to me plays a Tim Thomas esque style or Hasek style. Obviously not as good but similar, Bernier brings some predictability and IMO stability back there especially when it gets hectic we can always rely on Bernier to be at least in position to have a chance or smother it given the opportunity.

ScotsLeaf

Aug 29, 2013
Balloch,Scotland
Always rated him better than Reimer and knew we had a chance when we pulled James at two goals down.

Quite simply he's the better of the two in my opinion.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
When the rumours were floating around about Bernier during last season, I was hoping that they'd pick him up. It's obviously way too early to tell if he's stolen the #1 spot, but he does having a calming effect on me whenever he plays.

Why? Here are the reasons why.
#1 When he leaves his net to handle the puck, he doesn't turn it over.
#2 His glove hand works
#3 He can actually control rebounds

You can also throw in that he doesn't (at least not from what I've seen so far) give up the short side, and he can pull off those desperation saves when they're really needed.

If the small sample he's given us so far is any indication of what's to come in the future, we got a steal of a deal prying him from LA for scrivvy and a pick.

ScotsLeaf

Aug 29, 2013
Balloch,Scotland
When the rumours were floating around about Bernier during last season, I was hoping that they'd pick him up. It's obviously way too early to tell if he's stolen the #1 spot, but he does having a calming effect on me whenever he plays.

Why? Here are the reasons why.
#1 When he leaves his net to handle the puck, he doesn't turn it over.
#2 His glove hand works
#3 He can actually control rebounds

You can also throw in that he doesn't (at least not from what I've seen so far) give up the short side, and he can pull off those desperation saves when they're really needed.

If the small sample he's given us so far is any indication of what's to come in the future, we got a steal of a deal prying him from LA for scrivvy and a pick.

Pretty good and accurate summation in my opinion.

I also feel calm and assured when he's in there,when Reimer is in goal I'm never far away from panic stricken,yes I realise the stats guys will say he had the highest save percentage ever last season,(it was only half a season) but whenever the puck is in the vicinity of his crease my heart is in my mouth.

Like I said ,with Bernier my pulse is at it's normal rate.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Don't count out Reimer yet. Not many remember, but Scrivens started the first game last season. Eventually Reimer took the spot from him. Reimer takes some time to get in to the groove.

Let's just wait until November to find out our starter.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
The game does seem to be calmer in front of the net when Bernier is stopping the pucks in comparison to Reimer. To be fair, at least 2 of Ottawa's goals were crazy defensive breakdowns right on the doorstep. Nothing really happened like that to Bernier that I can remember.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Still can't believe we got Bernier for that bargain price

Edmonton would probably trade one of their franchise saviours for him now

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Don't count out Reimer yet. Not many remember, but Scrivens started the first game last season. Eventually Reimer took the spot from him. Reimer takes some time to get in to the groove.

Let's just wait until November to find out our starter.

Theres a huge difference between Scrivens and Bernier.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Rangers fan coming peace.

I never got the hate for TO. I love the team.

3-0 I was sincerely hoping that for you guys. Keep up the great hockey!

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Wanted him on the leafs two seasons ago.

Always new he had this In him. Just gotta hope he carrys it through the rest of thr season. He's already won the hearts of lesfs fans at the ACC that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad