Have you become a Bernier believer?

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Before tonight's game my heart said Reimer while my brain said Bernier, after last night... both say Bernier.

He was FANTASTIC last night and the whole arena went nuts when he got up after the injury. Love the guy and I'm sorry Reimer, I know you're an awesome guy with a great personality but I think this job is Bernier's to lose (all the best to both guys though).

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Scrivens has a better SV% right now which goes to show you that this is too premature still.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
while i agree, i also agree that the goalie that put us into the playoffs and keeping us in game 7 should be given a longer leash after having an inconsistent night.

nah, we dont live in the past, we live in the here and now, where 3.5 gaa isnt going to cut it, win and you're in, right now the winner is bernier.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Look out everybody, next he might break out "you're rubber, I'm glue..."

:laugh:

???????? what kind of person comments telling you to make something better? I didnt even make it in the first place, its disrespectful to the guy in the gdt that made it, if some1 is going to take the time to make something... you cant drop a trash comment like that

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Right now Bernier looks like prime Brodeur
And Raymond is looking like Gilmour
And Bolland is looking like .... Yzerman ?

It's only 3 games.
But right now the new guys look great

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
He has had a good start but it will be awhile before I am willing to call him our number one goaltender. Reimer has had bad games before and bounced right back and Bernier is bound to have a clinker as well. Ask again midway through the season and I will give you a more definitive answer. Right now I am willing to say that he looks a heck of a lot better than Scrivens:)

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Right now Bernier looks like prime Brodeur
And Raymond is looking like Gilmour
And Bolland is looking like .... Yzerman ?

It's only 3 games.
But right now the new guys look great

Thought Cherry was saying Bolland was Gilmour last night?;)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
One really appealing aspect of Bernier is he is so calm and skillful in the net you can see how his presence gives the team more swagger than with Reimer in goal.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
dont get me wrong he is great

philly was a tougher test than hab land
and sens were tough as nails as well

but it has only been two ****en games
Reimer has had bad games before
he has also had great games

time will tell

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Also lets not forget that Bernier has a 64 game sample size that says he is a really good goalie, if you say 64 games is not enough to judge then neither is Reimers 106 of almost equal performance.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
???????? what kind of person comments telling you to make something better? I didnt even make it in the first place, its disrespectful to the guy in the gdt that made it, if some1 is going to take the time to make something... you cant drop a trash comment like that

For the record I was being facetious, I wasn't trying to offend anybody when I said that

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
but 95 minutes means vezina?

You do know that he played much more minutes last year? This isn't a fluke. Many other fans (mostly kings fans) are telling us that Bernier is legit. It's not like he played his first NHL game here.

According to kings fans last year, he was the reason why they made the playoff when Quick had a back surgery. I hope this is one of the many great performance by him. Leafs have got themselves an elite goalie.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sometimes, it's not how you perform but also how you look doing it. Bernier is a study in control which Reimer has problems with from time to time. His belly flop on the third goal and that squeaker on the first makes him look out of control and not able to pay attention to the details. That save Bernier made when the puck hit the referee in the Philly game is one of those little things that jumps out at you about how in control he is.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Bernier was going to get the next start anyway, now if he gives up 2 or less goals I'd think you keep going back to him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Bernie's definitely shown me enough already that I no longer worry about him being a flop, at least.

But he's a long way from proving himself, so I guess I'm not quite a "believer" yet.

But at least I'm perfectly comfortable with Bernier and Reimer having a true mano a mano battle for the #1 job, now.

BurnsBlue

Jun 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Bernier has been great.....but

The guy we traded for him is still beating him in both GAA and save percentage....

image_zps346f3408.jpg

Ooohh, Scrivens with his whole 5 saves. and Labarbara with his whole 12 saves. Its too early for any of this, but thats just getting a little silly for "stats" leaders.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Bernie's definitely shown me enough already that I no longer worry about him being a flop, at least.

But he's a long way from proving himself, so I guess I'm not quite a "believer" yet.

But at least I'm perfectly comfortable with Bernier and Reimer having a true mano a mano battle for the #1 job, now.

I just hope by the end of the year you are attacking people with hand picked stats to defend how great Bernier is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad