Prospect Info: Hatrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

KANADA89

Sep 30, 2015
Unreal feeling. I am already searching plane tickets from Helsinki - Toronto - Winnipeg - Toronto - Helsinki.

2018 January, MTS CENTRE here I come...

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
[mod]

The above is not my opinion, but is a hugely entertaining quote from the main boards.

Is it against the rules to quote a post from the main boards?

If so, please delete the above.

It's the infamous "beer-leaguer" quote from the main boards regarding Laine....[/QUOTE]

Not to agree with that guy, but I would like to point out, I started playing beer league hockey at 23 after not playing since novice, and was shocked at how easy it is to tip beer league point shots.

Obviously tipping NHL shots is way harder, and just to get in position against an NHL'er is impossible, but I can see why someone would downplay a tip goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Not to agree with that guy, but I would like to point out, I started playing beer league hockey at 23 after not playing since novice, and was shocked at how easy it is to tip beer league point shots.

Obviously tipping NHL shots is way harder, and just to get in position against an NHL'er is impossible, but I can see why someone would downplay a tip goal.

For what it's worth, the quote was regarding the tip in the Detroit game, where he tipped it over the defenseman (breaking the defenders ankles at the blueline), caught it on his stick, teed it up, and scored.

I've played in a beer league that I'd hold up against any in the city, or even in North America, and that play would have been on any highlight reel. The average player in the league could have done it as often as they could win a lottery. Of course, that's just here in Winnipeg. I know Toronto is full of beer league players as good as Laine...

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level

It was about this goal against Detroit

WdZ5V61.gif

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

I think McKenzie caused most of the angst, but there were others too.

well **** the others I say. I generally regard McKenzie as a fairly astute hockey guy. He does his homework and seems to have a legitimate interest in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Something that's significantly separating the top 2 picks of this year's draft is that Laine actually goes to protect his teammates and rough some guys up.

I heard he went after some guy in his last game, but never saw it (obviously, it was night time). Any video on that?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I heard he went after some guy in his last game, but never saw it (obviously, it was night time). Any video on that?

He had some words and bit pushing with Roussel after he tripped Ehlers(?) with dirty skate. It's in this video Hokinaitti (thanks again) already made.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
You guys have an INCREDIBLE player on your hands. I hope Laine has all the success that he seems to be bringing onto himself. So much fun to watch!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The most impressive thing is how quickly he has adapted to the NHL game. In preseason he was getting crucified in board battles. He seemed late to get in on the forecheck and was fairly ineffective.

Now he is more than holding his own along the boards and he is no longer late on the forecheck. He seems to have embraced the physical side of the game and appears to enjoy giving out hits. He is also learning how to use his body and his size effectively in the O zone to give himself space or to protect the puck.. All of this in less than 15 NHL games plus a handful in preseason.

Call me impressed.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
The most impressive thing is how quickly he has adapted to the NHL game. In preseason he was getting crucified in board battles. He seemed late to get in on the forecheck and was fairly ineffective.

Now he is more than holding his own along the boards and he is no longer late on the forecheck. He seems to have embraced the physical side of the game and appears to enjoy giving out hits. He is also learning how to use his body and his size effectively in the O zone to give himself space or to protect the puck.. All of this in less than 15 NHL games plus a handful in preseason.

Call me impressed.

He always had the strength, he is so strong on the puck and so slick passing it too. How many does he score this year? 35?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

Call me impressed.

I think he reads HFboards, him and Fefe.
When he reads here that he has a weakness, he goes out there and proves most of the doubters wrong.

I think he needs work on his back hand ;)

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Honestly at the start of the year I was saying 20 goals would be what I would call a successful year for Laine. And I thought that was pretty high.

I honestly cannot believe just how fast he has adapted to the NHL game. I still think that 20 goals is the over under for success, but at 10 in 14 already, im just going to go ahead and already call it a success.

The biggest thing now we are seeing guys like Elhers taking over the game, Schief leading the NHL in points, Morrissey being a true number 1 pairing dman (serious wtf) Petan, Dano, Copp and even Conner is having strong showings, and I know he is hurt but Armia was a beast out there as well.

I look in the AHL and I see guys like Rosolovic and DeLeo and Lemeiux etc and I shake my head. We are bursting at the seams right now.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The Jets do seem to be on the cusp of entering the yearly playoff threat status.

Now, it will still take some time for the young guns to get consistency and enough experience under their belt. But I'm sure most Jets fans are loving what Chevy is building for your city.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Check out the comments. The guy really stole the stick form the kid. Not cool. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad