Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Matthews was pretty much invisible tonight too... without bergeron to contend with. I don't remember him having a single dangerous chance

I think the real question is whether he ups his compete level against higher competition. Boston is obviously a very sound team defensively. if we were just judging him by this series, the answer would be an obvious no

not that he isn't a gamer, but he hasn't proven that he is this post season

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Another thread to pile on the Matthews hate.

Oh heavens no.

Not a Matthews hate thread.

Now the HATE TO LOVE Matthes threads ratio is 2 ; 48.

Did you HEAR Shawn Mckenzie on Sportsnet after Game 3. "Of COURSE AUSTON MATTHEWS WAS GOING TO COME BACK AND BE A FACTOR." That Theory can be put to bed.

Haha...the media is just ready to ride him no matter what.

He CHOKED.

Reactions: branch

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Marner actually has overshadowed him this series. He's been giving it his all.

Matthews and Nylander both really seems like they just needs to get back to basics in this series.

Drive the net, simple passes out the zone, moving their feet <- honestly if they did any of the 3 things I pointed out today, I think they would've done much better.

I've had enough of this curl back BS that never works.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Of course it's "CHARA" now. Never 34's fault. He's never had a bad game in his career.

This thread is about Matthews, please stop trying to derail this thread by bringing up Eichel.

I know, but if you READ the other guy brought up Eichel and I responded to him. SO it wasn't even me if you look back.

Since you know, if I say anything bad about Matthews, that's the first thing a LEaf fan will do is try and attack. If they bring it up, and I respond to it, that's not me derailing.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Or maybe it's just that delusional posters like JackAttack who spend their time bashing Matthews just rub people the wrong way.

Go read the Leafs board or better yet, read most of the posts ITT, most of us readily admit he needs to be better.

But, it should also be pointed out the sort of people making certain arguments like JackAttack are generally extreme homers who have made awful arguments in the past, so their word should not be taken as bipartisan analysis anymore than artist screeching.

This thread is about Matthews. Not quality hf poster jack attack.

PS: thanks for donating to my charity for sick children jack attack, you not only a quality poster, but a quality person.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Oh heavens no.

Not a Matthews hate thread.

Now the HATE TO LOVE Matthes threads ratio is 2 ; 48.

Did you HEAR Shawn Mckenzie on Sportsnet after Game 3. "Of COURSE AUSTON MATTHEWS WAS GOING TO COME BACK AND BE A FACTOR." That Theory can be put to bed.

Haha...the media is just ready to ride him no matter what.

He CHOKED.

I dont get it. When I said Matthews choked first few games, Leaf's fans answer was "oh he's against bergeron, the best defensive forward ever omgz".

What happend tonight?

He's playing against one of the best defensive groups in the league?

He's not the generational talent people debate, but ya'll are vultures. Trashing him while he's down is just petty. Coming from two fans whos teams aren't even in the playoffs too, smh.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
This thread is about Matthews. Not quality hf poster jack attack.

PS: thanks for donating to my charity for sick children jack attack, you not only a quality poster, but a quality person.

If he wants to continue to insert himself in it making hyperbolic posts, he deserves the hate.

And wow he donated to a charity?????????????????? OMG, AMAZING!!! THIS IS A NEW HEIGHT FOR HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread isn't about him, but he donated to a charity, better let everyone know, lmfao.

Didn't know you were allowed to have two accounts on the site.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
If he wants to continue to insert himself in it making hyperbolic posts, he deserves the hate.

And wow he donated to a charity?????????????????? OMG, AMAZING!!! THIS IS A NEW HEIGHT FOR HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread isn't about him, but he donated to a charity, better let everyone know, lmfao.

Didn't know you were allowed to have two accounts on the site.

All I'm saying is if more people were like jack attack, there would be no need for heaven, cause we'd already be there.

Reactions: maxbme

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
He's playing against one of the best defensive groups in the league?

He's not the generational talent people debate, but ya'll are vultures. Trashing him while he's down is just petty. Coming from two fans whos teams aren't even in the playoffs too, smh.

What? So because our teams aren't in the playoffs were not allowed to state our opinions on another team.

Didn't know we all had to be Penguins fans in order to comment.

and trashing him whole he's down? BOO HOO>

This is PRO SPORTS.

THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS.

If your a Star and you don't perform you get heat.

We're not his family, or coach, we don't need to worry about "trashing him while he down".

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
All I'm saying is if more people were like jack attack, there would be no need for heaven, cause we'd already be there.

Yeah, I'm the devil himself because I point out an obvious fact.

I'm truly damned.

If you knew anything about me, I'm actually a solid dude. I get along with everyone and have no enemies.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
What? So because our teams aren't in the playoffs were not allowed to state our opinions on another team.

Didn't know we all had to be Penguins fans in order to comment.

and trashing him whole he's down? BOO HOO>

This is PRO SPORTS.

THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS.

If your a Star and you don't perform you get heat.

We're not his family, or coach, we don't need to worry about "trashing him while he down".

Of course not, but it does say a whole lot about how short sighted you are and the type of poster you are.

It's been a tough series, and will be very dissapointing to lose, but at least we're not the Sabres, right?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Eichel has pouted? Okay, give me quotes. I can give you quotes.

He was dissapointed by his teams effort. Not very fun when you get multi-point nights but your goalie can't stop a puck.

Matthews LITERALLY pouted and didn't take ownership at all. Where was his "I NEED TO BE BETTER"?

It's as if he can NEVER have a bad game in your guys eyes.

Keep bringing up how he scored 4 goals in his first games, that is extremely sad.

I thought you were an otherwise intelligent poster and this is a childish post because your mad your team lost.

A team lead by a career high 69 pt player wont win a series.

I'll enjoy getting a high draft pick. You guys can enjoy mediocrity.

A guy who is your franchise player, and has never put up 30 assists, on a high scoring team?

You don't see a problem there? lol
Ummm, did you see Matthews interview after his 4 goal game "That last play was 100% my fault." The exact reason I reference that is because that is him taking ownership. Which you claim he doesn't.

What Eichel does is not really take ownership. He just learned to repeat ROR's mantra of "I need to play better."

Yeah, mediocrity. A team that has gone from 69 points (30th overall), to 95 points (14th overall) to 105 points (7th overall). I'd say that is more than mediocraty. I mean, enjoy your high pick, hopefully, this one lives up to expectations for you. I'm sure you are enjoying the progression from 81 points (23rd overall) to 78 points (25th overall) to 62 points (31st overall)

The reason I don't give you a thought out intelligent response is because you are around here being a baby about Matthews because he has outplayed your boy Jack for the last 2 years. You said a few weeks ago you agreed to appreciate him as a player, then now you are belittling him the first chance you get. First its, well "Matthews has never been better than Eichel in the same year PPG wise." Well, that changed. Now its "Matthews can't get 30 assists." Maybe you should pay attention to the ice-time discrepancies. Matthews wasn't only better than Eichel this year despite Eichel being in his 3rd year, he's been better than him the last 2 years despite being younger, and has been better than him at comparable ages.

Are you serious about Eichel not pouting? Have you seen this interview?

You are just finding an opportunity to push your childish agenda and it is so transparent it is ridiculous. Matthews hasn't played at an elite level so far, especially in the 1st game. But, to say he's been invisible or a detriment to his team is hyperbole of the highest order.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
He didnt play very good for sure. Still better then every Canuck player put together tho but thats not very hard
download.jpg

Reactions: Yasuo and branch

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The problem is the way the Leafs transition from defence to offense being shit. They also have no plan on the cycle other than to pass it around with hesitation.

They aren't as well-coached a team as people think and they badly lack in dmen that can transition the puck well outside of Rielly and maybe Dermott.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
I dont get it. When I said Matthews choked first few games, Leaf's fans answer was "oh he's against bergeron, the best defensive forward ever omgz".

What happend tonight?
I said this aswell, as a Bruins fan. I for sure thought he would be more of a threat with Bergy gone, thankful he wasnt.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I love the kid, but this backlash is well deserved. We all know this little taste of humility won't last long for leafs fans. Next year it will be back to best this best that again.

I still take Matthews 2 overall building a franchise today. A very distant 2, but still 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia