Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I expect him to have another strong game tonight. Sure, he's only scored one so far but everyone says he had a good game 2, just wasn't able to score.

Funny how things change.

Everybody said he had a bad game two but maybe that was fans venting at another blowout loss but after getting that goal in game three things just changed he attitude the outlook everything. I saw more then five leaf fan posters on the main board alone that said he wasn’t invisible. And I watched the game as well, while not invisible just highly ineffective.

The perception just changes so fast on here about everything.

This is a critical game for the leafs and Matthews.

If he has a big game tonight then the playoff choking or whatever is put to bed.

If he has a a bad game then your look g at your franchise player with one point in four games and down 3-1.

So that’s a lot of pressure for this one game.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
MOD

I tried quoting, posted three apologies.

these Matthews v Bergeron comparisons are absurd. Matthews isn't even the best two way forward on his own team and is getting sheltered when Babcock has home ice advantage.... please people, he's a good player that can fill it up, but he's not even close to bergeron's 200ft game

I know Bergeron has won a playoff series (more then a few) has a cup, has won gold medals, was PPG and has four and probably after this year have five selkes.

Oh but Matthews is already better because he has hyman on his line.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Sorry what do you know about playoff hockey? I’m just curious because Jacks never played a single important game in the NHL yet, considering sabres have been disgustingly out of the playoffs every year.

What are you talking about here? Your acting like I’m Jack Eichel.

I have watched the playoffs for almost thirty years, have been involved with junior hockey for ten years, so probably a lot, thanks for asking though.

And is that supposed to be a shot at eichel. LOL , guy produces as good as Matthews in a team with no goalie and no help despite coming back from two sprained ankles put up 121 pts in his last 128 games.

At least she Eichels team gets good I know his ceiling will be higher then am34.

He’s not ready. Keep the childish your team sucks haha insults to yourself.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Funny how things change.

Everybody said he had a bad game two but maybe that was fans venting at another blowout loss but after getting that goal in game three things just changed he attitude the outlook everything. I saw more then five leaf fan posters on the main board alone that said he wasn’t invisible. And I watched the game as well, while not invisible just highly ineffective.

The perception just changes so fast on here about everything.

This is a critical game for the leafs and Matthews.

If he has a big game tonight then the playoff choking or whatever is put to bed.

If he has a a bad game then your look g at your franchise player with one point in four games and down 3-1.

So that’s a lot of pressure for this one game.

He's also 20 and will likely have 15+ more playoff appearances to make it up or he can even make it up later on in the series.

Although I appreciate your concern for time, Eichel has wasted 3 years and hasn't even hit 30 goals and he's not even CLOSE to the playoffs LMAO.

What happens first, he hits 30 or he makes the playoffs? Both seem very hard for him right now.

Reactions: Menzinger

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Uh he was strugglig big time in the first two games, even he would tell you that. Line Being outscored 20-0.
Still has 1 point in 3 games, 2 losses. He's going to have to turn it on big time to give the Leafs any chance.

All the posts and crossbars, and Anderson making that save on an OFF night for the Bruins.

Can Toronto do that every game? Going to be awfully hard.

Uh not new to math but your logic is backwards so let me explain.

I never said the bruins top line got 20 pts against Matthews.

It doesent have to be against them literally (head to head) to be outscoring them.

It’s like saying mcdavid outscored Crosby this season when you look at there point totals. It doesent mean mcdavid outscored Crosby literally head to head, if that’s what was meant then they’d add the tag “when against them”.

You said, Matthews' line was out-scored 20-0. Not specifically the Bergeron line. In any case, still false.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's also 20 and will likely have 15+ more playoff appearances to make it up or he can even make it up later on in the series.

Although I appreciate your concern for time, Eichel has wasted 3 years and hasn't even hit 30 goals and he's not even CLOSE to the playoffs LMAO.

What happens first, he hits 30 or he makes the playoffs? Both seem very hard for him right now.

Yeah, the idea that tonight’s game is somehow supposed to define Matthews career in any way is beyond silly

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Yeah, the idea that tonight’s game is somehow supposed to define Matthews career in any way is beyond silly

This is the guy who is a GOD of cherry picking, he literally sits around waiting for Matthews to have 2-3 bad games so he can start making his anti Matthews/pro Eichel arguments.

This is my favorite one:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/last-100-games-matthews-and-eichel-this-is-strange.2426835/

Basically Eichel's 2nd and 3rd year>Matthews 1st and 1/3 of 2nd.

And here he is today trying to make similar arguments based off of THREE GAMES.....

How did that thread end up btw? Matthews went PPG in his 2nd year (something Eichel hasn't even done in his 3rd) and he hasn't bumped it since....I wonder why LOL

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Funny how things change.

What doesn't change is your troll attempt. We all get it...you've got an issue with Matthews getting more attention and more love than your boy.

I mean how can any player with 5 goals in 9 playoff games be anything but a choker. Good call.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

It's SAD You have to resort to this.

15 years eh? That's the time your team has gone without a playoff series victory, and it's not changing any time soon. So I would rather get a top draft pick this year then get trounced in the first round. Matthews is a good player, he's not the star you all think he is, and the LEAFS media make him out to be.

Just for kicks, it's nice to remind you all that EICHEL out-scored Matthews this year having played 5 more games...... on ther lowest scoring team this year coming back from a sprained ankle.

Hasn't hit 30 goals? Okay? Your guy hasn't even hit 30 assists! That's completely pasthetic with how much the Leafs score.

Last year, Eichel averaged more PPG then Matthews. 0.94 -0.88. (AGAIN, coming back from a sprained ankle)

Assists are more of an indication of a star player, due to playmaking, it;s why every elite player generally has more assists.

Just because your team has a goalie and a coach and a supporting cast doesen't make Matthews better, or god.

These playoffs are hilarious, never gets old watching the Leafs choke in the big game.

But keep knockin an ELITE player with nothing around him but a 2nd line centre. and winger.

And i'll keep posting the facts......Matthews doesen't have half the talent EIchel does. He just works hard and is effective.

He can't even be the best player on his team. Marner is WAY better then Matthews most times.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
It's SAD You have to resort to this.

15 years eh? That's the time your team has gone without a playoff series victory, and it's not changing any time soon. So I would rather get a top draft pick this year then get trounced in the first round. Matthews is a good player, he's not the star you all think he is, and the LEAFS media make him out to be.

Just for kicks, it's nice to remind you all that EICHEL out-scored Matthews this year having played 5 more games...... on ther lowest scoring team this year coming back from a sprained ankle.

Hasn't hit 30 goals? Okay? Your guy hasn't even hit 30 assists! That's completely pasthetic with how much the Leafs score.

Last year, Eichel averaged more PPG then Matthews. 0.94 -0.88. (AGAIN, coming back from a sprained ankle)

Assists are more of an indication of a star player, due to playmaking, it;s why every elite player generally has more assists.

Just because your team has a goalie and a coach and a supporting cast doesen't make Matthews better, or god.

These playoffs are hilarious, never gets old watching the Leafs choke in the big game.

But keep knockin an ELITE player with nothing around him but a 2nd line centre. and winger.

And i'll keep posting the facts......Matthews doesen't have half the talent EIchel does. He just works hard and is effective.

He can't even be the best player on his team. Marner is WAY better then Matthews most times.

Congrats on winning a playoff series, how many cups do you guys have since you entered the league? Maybe you can use your series wins coupons for a cup or something.

He had 1 more point in 5 more games. Aren't you the same guy who is trying to make arguments about Matthews based on TWO games? And sorry he's so injury prone, maybe he can stay healthy next year so he can finally hit 30.

Yeah he only hit 29 assists his first year playing with Hyman and Brown for 50% of the year and 29 assists in 62 games. Lmao is this your best argument? Sabers intellectuals at their finest I guess.

2nd year v 1st year, nice comparison lmfao.

Sure they are, you can enjoy 25 goal Eichel then.

Yeah I think the higher gpg, goals, points, points per game, 15% lower TOI+100% lower PP TOI while producing those statistics does.

Yeah the playoffs are hilarious for Sabers fans, never won it and now not even in it, ha ha ha ha. HILARIOUS!!!! Lmaoooo

Glad you exposed yourself with this meltdown, although I don't blame you, I'd be mad too if I was a fan of Eichel and the Sabers having to watch the Leafs utterly demolish our rebuild, c*ck us in our own barn turning it into ACC 2.0 and no end in sight with drama queen/paper mache 20 goal Jack.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
He's doing fine for a young guy. He'll have to get better though if they're to go anywhere in the playoffs.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
What doesn't change is your troll attempt. We all get it...you've got an issue with Matthews getting more attention and more love than your boy.

I mean how can any player with 5 goals in 9 playoff games be anything but a choker. Good call.

Nah, it's not because one guy produces at essentially the same rate with less help and is never talked about.

It's that Matthews can do no wrong in anyones eyes. He is childish, and if he scores hes generational. If he doesen't (Oh, he's only 20 and he will have more chances)

All we hear now is oh he's going up against Bergeron....Bergeron's not playing tonight you know. And no matter how many times Jim Hughson yells AUSTON MATHEWWWWS for no reason, it doesen't change the facts,

But back to Matthews owning his poor play like true greats do..he is not mature.

If you talk about a guy like he's generational, take some OWNERSHIP. MAN UP.

All I hear is Eichel has a terrible attitude and not one person can give me a quote to justify such a claim. It's all hearsay. A bunch of projected BS.

Meanwhile Sportsnet CORRECTLY called Matthews immature. He didn't take ownership of his bad play, and instead says **** happens.

Then last game when interviewed he smiled like he just won the series with his 1 goal, and said "Yeah, you get that on social media, that's just the way the world is but your teammates and family keep with you" (Along those lines)

Not once does he say. I have to be better. You guys want this guy to be Captain? He has never put up 30 assists. He doesen't take ownership.

And if anything he has the horrible attitude. Then on top of all this he gets defended in every way possible.

Matthews has been VERY BLEH in this playoffs, yet so many people are trying to spin a narrative that he was GREAT in game 2 and 3 (OKAY, LOL about Game 2)

They WANT THIS TO HAPPEN so they say it does. , Goals don't tell the whole story, he's a sniper that gets in the great areas.

Anders Lee and Evande Kane are on par with Matthews, scoring wise and overall they're not very great.

Ahhh, the results tell the story.

Mattheews could do well still, but nothing I've said here is incorrect.
I am a hockey fan first, Sabres fan second. I enjoy the game no matter where my team finishes.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
His sock is crumpled up in his skate at the toes so he's having trouble skating tonight.

K yes he’s had a bad game tonight. He had a great game 3, was up 17-2 in shot attempts in game 2 but couldnt bury anything and got wrecked game 1. I’m not about to declare this a disaster of a series for him but yes he obviously needs to be better.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

Why not?

It's a HUGE game at home, that can turn this season.

Matthews was hailed as one of the best players in the NHL, let alone best young players. He has one point, this is his fourth game of the series and if he doesen't show up then he should take the blame, an maybe take ownership.

Ovi and others get blamed, YES A YOUNG OVI even got blamed in 08.

So should Matthews.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Congrats on winning a playoff series, how many cups do you guys have since you entered the league? Maybe you can use your series wins coupons for a cup or something.

He had 1 more point in 5 more games. Aren't you the same guy who is trying to make arguments about Matthews based on TWO games? And sorry he's so injury prone, maybe he can stay healthy next year so he can finally hit 30.

Yeah he only hit 29 assists his first year playing with Hyman and Brown for 50% of the year and 29 assists in 62 games. Lmao is this your best argument? Sabers intellectuals at their finest I guess.

2nd year v 1st year, nice comparison lmfao.

Sure they are, you can enjoy 25 goal Eichel then.

Yeah I think the higher gpg, goals, points, points per game, 15% lower TOI+100% lower PP TOI while producing those statistics does.

Yeah the playoffs are hilarious for Sabers fans, never won it and now not even in it, ha ha ha ha. HILARIOUS!!!! Lmaoooo

Glad you exposed yourself with this meltdown, although I don't blame you, I'd be mad too if I was a fan of Eichel and the Sabers having to watch the Leafs utterly demolish our rebuild, c*ck us in our own barn turning it into ACC 2.0 and no end in sight with drama queen/paper mache 20 goal Jack.

Ahh , how did I Know someone who doesen't watch EIchel would call him injury prone, when these two injuries were the only two of his entire playing career anywhere, and were both FREAK Injuries.

He coudn't walk, it's not like he's just made of glass.

Keep projecting your anger on me though, it wont change the facts.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Ahh , how did I Know someone who doesen't watch EIchel would call him injury prone, when these two injuries were the only two of his entire playing career anywhere, and were both FREAK Injuries.

He coudn't walk, it's not like he's just made of glass.

Keep projecting your anger on me though, it wont change the facts.

You're right, it doesn't change facts.

Matthews ppg>Eichel's
Matthews 2nd year>Eichel's 3 years
Matthews goal scoring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eichel's

Maybe the paper mache drama queen can blame his coach and get him fired again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino