Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Patrice Bergeron was hurt too. So hurt he actually missed a playoff game which is unheard of. I dont want to hear he was injured. Plenty of guys out there were/are hurt

More's the point, Bergeron at 32 is a different player than he was at 20. And that's the context by which any young player should be provided. That the benefit of the doubt rests in young players of Matthews calibre developing as their careers mature and as experience provides.

You don't want to hear Matthews was injured as an excuse isolated to your preferred narrative? No problem. If you need to remove germane points so as to protect a preference, that's fine.

But don't expect thinking people to simply agree with an opinion that says a 20 year old Calder winner in his second season, is who he's always going to be on the basis of one round of playoff hockey.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
So, still no announcement that he played with a broken leg and wrist?
He cannot be that bad.
Watching him in the season befiore back injury , I would bet he tweaked his back ,and was playing with a bad back all series , Ialso think it will hinder him his whole career a bad back makes you feel like a 80 year old man out there, Mike Bossy said this after his .

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I don't know if you only watched this series, but this isn't accurate.

He is definitely more than capable of generating his own offense and he doesn't need to ride shotgun with anyone. Matthews is legit.
Yes. I'm talking about this series

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
But, but, but... what about "We're 7-1 against them in the last 2 seasons and Andersen is 10-1 against them lifetime ?

Great memories...

I wish at least one of those who said that stuff would come out and flat out admit that it was pure, unadulterated BS that meant absolutely nothing, but they were just saying it to troll. I wonder if any of them has the guts to say it.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Thats still pretty good especially for a rookie. Thanks for proving my point
As a sophomore - and the more recent of the two things -, 1 goal, 2 points in total, -4, in 7 games. Vote: F.

Laser out that crowned lion tattoo, Auston. Should have done something first and only then, gotten a tattoo (not so subtly) hinting at greatness. Fail.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Whatever we think of Matthews' playoff performance, we can all agree he's not currently struggling. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->