Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
You're right, it doesn't change facts.

Matthews ppg>Eichel's
Matthews 2nd year>Eichel's 3 years
Matthews goal scoring>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eichel's

Maybe the paper mache drama queen can blame his coach and get him fired again.

Oh the game where one guy is better in every way, that's always fun.

Especially from a guy who never watches Eichel. I watch both, you don't.

Eichel owns Matthews nearly every time head to head on a team that again scores 80-90 goals less. Aside from the final meeting of the year anyway.

I can play too, :

-Matthews has never put up 30 apples. Eichel HAS IN EVERY SEASON HE's ever played even with a god-awful supporting cast and coming back from two serious injuries, in shortened seasons.
-Matthews work ethic seems better then Eichel, but he can't show up in these big games.
-Matthews had a better PPG this year, by a fraction. 63 in 62. EIchel had 64 in 67.
-in the 16-17 season Eichel had a better PPG 0.94 - 0.88 57 in 61 >>> 69 in 82.
-Eichel finished with more points this year, having played a handful of games more, AGAIN on a team that scored over 90 goals less.
-Eichel has more pure offensive talent in his pinky finger then Matthews has in his whole body,

When you swing the narrative it's easy to tell the story.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Oh the game where one guy is better in every way, that's always fun.

Especially from a guy who never watches Eichel. I watch both, you don't.

Eichel owns Matthews nearly every time head to head on a team that again scores 80-90 goals less. Aside from the final meeting of the year anyway.

I can play too, :

-Matthews has never put up 30 apples. Eichel HAS IN EVERY SEASON HE's ever played even with a god-awful supporting cast and coming back from two serious injuries, in shortened seasons.
-Eichel has more pure offensive talent in his pinky finger then Matthews has in his whole body,
-Matthews work ethic seems better then Eichel, but he can't show up in these big games.
-Matthews had a better PPG this year, by a fraction. 63 in 62. EIchel had 64 in 67.
-in the 16-17 season Eichel had a better PPG 0.94 - 0.88 57 in 61 >>> 69 in 82.
-Eichel finished with more points this year, having played a handful of games.

When you swing the narrative it's easy to tell the story.

Only put up 29, you got him
Sure he does, he just can't score 30
"Big games" "round 1 of the playoffs in your first 2 seasons" LOL
"Fraction" funny how it's a fraction, but 29 assists is all of a sudden so far away from 30 LMAO
2nd v 1st year genius
"handful of games" aka 5, b-but 29 NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 30 LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

You are so sad, but I really do not blame you. I would want to drag other people down if I was a Buffalo fan, but there's no need for your hatred. There will be plenty of time to feel that emotion when you watch your pathetic squad fail again next year.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He's super talented and smart and has an amazing stick on both sides of the puck, but it kind of seems like he doesn't have a pulse.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
INVISIBLE.

1 point in 4 games.

First it was BERGERON, now that its RILEY NASH...so now It's "He's only 20" he's just a kid.

Yeah a Kid you Toronto people compare to McDavid.

Maybe Auston will change his terrible attitude and take ownership in the post-game interview. Doubt it though.

Anyway, maybe Toronto will do a reverse 2013 (in a way) and come back from 3-1 lead for Boston.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Only put up 29, you got him
Sure he does, he just can't score 30
"Big games" "round 1 of the playoffs in your first 2 seasons" LOL
"Fraction" funny how it's a fraction, but 29 assists is all of a sudden so far away from 30 LMAO
2nd v 1st year genius
"handful of games" aka 5, b-but 29 NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 30 LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

You are so sad, but I really do not blame you. I would want to drag other people down if I was a Buffalo fan, but there's no need for your hatred. There will be plenty of time to feel that emotion when you watch your pathetic squad fail again next year.

Speaking of failure.

15 years and counting......(series victory drought)

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Speaking of failure.

15 years and counting......(series victory drought)

How many cups do you guys get with all the series wins you guys have in the last 15?

Btw you never answered, do you think Eichel hits 30 goals first or you guys make the playoffs?

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Yikes. He doesn't really seem to have an extra gear...very sloppy defensively too. He's obviously still young so he get a bit of a pass but not quite the superstar people thought he'd be so far in his career...

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Easy to blame Matthews, in part it is true. Chara-McAvoy has done a great job. Great defense, goaltending can be hard to beat in the playoffs. Marner line seems to have an easier matchup in Krug - Miller on the back end.

Last edited:

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
This thread is about Matthews, please stop trying to derail this thread by bringing up Eichel.

When you have a poster whose homerism is so bad, it should be pointed out.

But yeah Matthews has been very weak, 1 awful game (game 1), 2 mediocre games (game 2/4) and 1 solid game (game 3).

He needs to be better if the Leafs are going to go anywhere, but it should also be remembered that despite his bad 4 games, he still has 5 goals in 10 playoff games and has only been shutdown by a guy who even shutdown a top 5 player OAT in Bergeron.

Hopefully he can use this as a learning experience and get better next year.

To me the real flop of the series has been Nylander not Matthews because at least Matthews has shown up 1/4 games, Nylander has had 4 awful games.

Reactions: McDavidMania

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
INVISIBLE.

1 point in 4 games.

First it was BERGERON, now that its RILEY NASH...so now It's "He's only 20" he's just a kid.

Yeah a Kid you Toronto people compare to McDavid.

Maybe Auston will change his terrible attitude and take ownership in the post-game interview. Doubt it though.

Anyway, maybe Toronto will do a reverse 2013 (in a way) and come back from 3-1 lead for Boston.
Maybe Eichel will learn what hockey in April means instead of being at the Golf course. Because, these statements by you have little to do with Matthews and more about how you feel Eichel is treated.

Matthews wasn't invisable tonight. He lost a faceoff (something he is much better at than Eichel may I remind you) and Gardiner, then Zaitsev botched a play. He had 65% possession when he was on the ice tongiht. He's not playing his best, but your comments here are a joke. Matthews is currently better than Eichel despite being a year younger, he's been key to turning around his franchise Eichel's team is where they were at when they drafted him, hoping to win a lottery.

Matthews terrible attitude? The kid who owned making a mistake in his first NHL game after scoring 4 goals? Compared to Eichel the guy who has pouted his way through his career, has thrown teammates under the bus at lower levels?

Reactions: 99664987

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Maybe Eichel will learn what hockey in April means instead of being at the Golf course. Because, these statements by you have little to do with Matthews and more about how you feel Eichel is treated.

Matthews wasn't invisable tonight. He lost a faceoff (something he is much better at than Eichel may I remind you) and Gardiner, then Zaitsev botched a play. He had 65% possession when he was on the ice tongiht. He's not playing his best, but your comments here are a joke. Matthews is currently better than Eichel despite being a year younger, he's been key to turning around his franchise Eichel's team is where they were at when they drafted him, hoping to win a lottery.

Matthews terrible attitude? The kid who owned making a mistake in his first NHL game after scoring 4 goals? Compared to Eichel the guy who has pouted his way through his career, has thrown teammates under the bus at lower levels?

Eichel has pouted? Okay, give me quotes. I can give you quotes.

He was dissapointed by his teams effort. Not very fun when you get multi-point nights but your goalie can't stop a puck.

Matthews LITERALLY pouted and didn't take ownership at all. Where was his "I NEED TO BE BETTER"?

It's as if he can NEVER have a bad game in your guys eyes.

Keep bringing up how he scored 4 goals in his first games, that is extremely sad.

I thought you were an otherwise intelligent poster and this is a childish post because your mad your team lost.

A team lead by a career high 69 pt player wont win a series.

I'll enjoy getting a high draft pick. You guys can enjoy mediocrity.

A guy who is your franchise player, and has never put up 30 assists, on a high scoring team?

You don't see a problem there? lol

Mr Blue Man

Jul 19, 2015
Hmm, where did all the Leafs fans go? It seems whenever Matthews plays bad enough to discredit even the most delusional narratives, all they want to talk about is how much worse Eichel is.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
Funny how there are excuses for Matthews even though Marner is the same age, plays with a better compete level and seems to be more engaged in the play as a winger.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Hmm, where did all the Leafs fans go? It seems whenever Matthews plays bad enough to discredit even the most delusional narratives, all they want to talk about is how much worse Eichel is.

Or maybe it's just that delusional posters like JackAttack who spend their time bashing Matthews just rub people the wrong way.

Go read the Leafs board or better yet, read most of the posts ITT, most of us readily admit he needs to be better.

But, it should also be pointed out the sort of people making certain arguments like JackAttack are generally extreme homers who have made awful arguments in the past, so their word should not be taken as bipartisan analysis anymore than artist screeching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille