Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Bergeron is pretty underrated. he can shut down prime Crosby for a series, he can shut down anyone. Matthews struggles have also been wildly overstated though

Reactions: snowkiddin

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I love how when a player struggles for 2 games it's all over. So melodramatic. NHL fans have ADD.
I bet the OP had no recollection of how well he played in the playoff last season.
Matthews is a stud.

Look around for other threads like this. Oddly this seems to be the only one...I wonder why?

That says everything you need to know about HF. The Mods not shutting it down is Chapter 2.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Bergeron is pretty underrated. he can shut down prime Crosby for a series, he can shut down anyone. Matthews struggles have also been wildly overstated though

Mr Selke is underrated?

I really don't think so. Casual fans outside of Boston may not know who he is but I think on HF we all respect and admire him. If he was an FA this summer I'd want him over Taveres and I would happily pay them the same and he's older.

I can't speak for anyone else but I have never seen anyone try to tell Ruins fans that their #1 C is shit.

Reactions: authentic

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I love how when a player struggles for 2 games it's all over. So melodramatic. NHL fans have ADD.
I bet the OP had no recollection of how well he played in the playoff last season.
Matthews is a stud.

Games in the playoffs is different then 2 games in the reg season.

2 games in the playoffs where u lose are blown out and go pointless can cost your team the season.

It’s just a ridiculous as the people claiming nawww see he’s fine! because he has one point in three games. Your still down in the series.

(Waits for the immature sabres bash)

This isn’t about bashing this is about looking at it objectively which most of you nor thenbashets really do. That’s why there’s so much overreacting from both sides.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

2 games in the playoffs where u lose are blown out and go pointless can cost your team the season.

It’s just a ridiculous as the people claiming nawww see he’s fine! because he has one point in three games. Your still down in the series.

This isn’t about bashing this is about looking at it objectively which most of you nor thenbashets really do. That’s why there’s so much overreacting from both sides.

the 2nd game he went pointless shot attempts were 17-2 when he was on the ice.
how has eichel fared in the playoffs? oh thats right. he is years away

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He's been COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED. All this hype has been UNJUSTIFIED.

657626662-auston-matthews-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-looks-on.jpg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I love posts like this. Matthews comes back and just is flying games 2 and 3. watch out game 4.
karma.

Reactions: PopaneNightscare

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
So Boston outscored the Leafs 15 - 3 in game 1 and Boston outscored the Leafs 21 - 8 in game 2

No your takin this all wrong. This is a term broadcasters use when they say a line combine for x amount of points.

I never once said that at all what you said at the end. Open your ears maybe you will hear the term.

Your either young or brand new to the game. Or both.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Objective take: downright bad game 1, generated good chances in game 2 but didn't score (wow never seen that happen before), broke through with a dirty snipe game 3 for the winner. He's not rolling but he's been fine.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I expect him to have another strong game tonight. Sure, he's only scored one so far but everyone says he had a good game 2, just wasn't able to score.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If he has a strong game, does every change their opinion again? If Laine regarded as better again because he had had a better first 3 games?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I love Bergeron but Matthews is already the better player. Swap Hyman and Marchand and the difference becomes apparent.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
No your takin this all wrong. This is a term broadcasters use when they say a line combine for x amount of points.

I never once said that at all what you said at the end. Open your ears maybe you will hear the term.

Are you brand new to math? Matthews has been on the ice for 4 goals against. The max amount of points 4 goals can yield in 12.

The broadcast did say the Bergeron line has been on the ice for 20 points, they did not say they were all against Matthews.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
he's been fantastic in game 2 and 3 imo
the hot takes are beyond hilarious

You also said Matthews played better then eichel in the game the sabres beat the leafs 3 2 where Matthews was pointless and eichel had two goals, the winner and another which he stripped Matthews of the puck.

So you saying he was fantastic in game 2 is the sort of thing I’d expect. It’s not objective it’s always sugarcoating.

Most of your teams fans were calling him Invisible, outside his few perimeter shots.

Claiming he was good in game 2 is certainly arguable but fantastic? Lol. Pointless in a 7-3 loss? There were signs he was hungrier in the beginning of the game but outside of that he wasn’t very good in the slightest. Especially considering what he’s capable of.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Are you brand new to math? Matthews has been on the ice for 4 goals against. The max amount of points 4 goals can yield in 12.

The broadcast did say the Bergeron line has been on the ice for 20 points, they did not say they were all against Matthews.

Uh not new to math but your logic is backwards so let me explain.

I never said the bruins top line got 20 pts against Matthews.

It doesent have to be against them literally (head to head) to be outscoring them.

It’s like saying mcdavid outscored Crosby this season when you look at there point totals. It doesent mean mcdavid outscored Crosby literally head to head, if that’s what was meant then they’d add the tag “when against them”.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Just for the sake of accuracy, it's actually Krejci who matched up against Crosby most of that series in 2013. Bergeron's line matched up against Malkin's line.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
You also said Matthews played better then eichel in the game the sabres beat the leafs 3 2 where Matthews was pointless and eichel had two goals, the winner and another which he stripped Matthews of the puck.

So you saying he was fantastic in game 2 is the sort of thing I’d expect. It’s not objective it’s always sugarcoating.

Most of your teams fans were calling him Invisible, outside his few perimeter shots.

Claiming he was good in game 2 is certainly arguable but fantastic? Lol. Pointless in a 7-3 loss? There were signs he was hungrier in the beginning of the game but outside of that he wasn’t very good in the slightest. Especially considering what he’s capable of.
Sorry what do you know about playoff hockey? I’m just curious because Jacks never played a single important game in the NHL yet, considering sabres have been disgustingly out of the playoffs every year.

teleman

Dec 26, 2006

I've played and watched the game since there were 6 teams.
I've heard broadcasters say out scored in terms of goals. I've heard them say( like the other day that a line has x number of points. I can't recall hearing them refer to out scoring by points. A goal is a goal. The goal scoring difference is how much one outscores their opposition.
You're not worth the time.
Welcome to my ignore list.

Last edited:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
these Matthews v Bergeron comparisons are absurd. Matthews isn't even the best two way forward on his own team and is getting sheltered when Babcock has home ice advantage.... please people, he's a good player that can fill it up, but he's not even close to bergeron's 200ft game

Reactions: Tage2Tuch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->