Has Chara ever lost a fight?

WedgeAntilles*

Not too mention he's never picked a fight with anyone smaller than him, Bruins only fight players who are taller heavier and more formidable...unlike Habs like Pouliot who pick there spots, and therefore have to answer for it.

:laugh::sarcasm::facepalm:

For a little levity...

Eaglepride*

I can't wait to see what happens with Smac in the same conference now... here's hoping they fight

you really think Chara or even Chiarelli would allow him fighting against the beast unleashed that is BigMac (top hws are afraid of this guy).

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He's lost his balance certainly; never a fight though...

unless you judge a fight solely based on "take downs" or who falls first...

Kylie Sven Opossum

Higgs Boson Blues
Jul 14, 2011
I like hearing this from Leaf fans... the same bunch that wants to canonize Wendel Clark.

Ha ha ha. This is a joke, right? You're funny, dude. Clark was as tough as they come, threw-down with the best of them, and rarely lost a fight. Wow, some people...:shakehead

Kylie Sven Opossum

Higgs Boson Blues
Jul 14, 2011
What in the hell does this have to do with my post, or the post I was responding to? Give that head another shake.

Well, you brought up Wendal Clark to rationalize an anti-leaf response to a post you didn't agree with, so...that's what the hell.

You're right, I am shaking my head.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
Well, you brought up Wendal Clark to rationalize an anti-leaf response to a post you didn't agree with, so...that's what the hell.

You're right, I am shaking my head.

Nope, still don't see it. I brought up Clark in the context of Chara not letting up, you know, because Clark rarely if ever let up on a guy who was down. How we got from there to "Ha ha ha. This is a joke, right? You're funny, dude. Clark was as tough as they come, threw-down with the best of them, and rarely lost a fight. Wow, some people... :shakehead" is still a mystery to me. Any "anti-leaf" sentiment is in your head, which you keep shaking. Might want to get that looked at, broski. ;)

Analyzer*

This one also technically a loss due to his lack of balance. Neil could have got him good at the end but didn't because i'm sure they're decent buddies.

I'm pretty sure Chara stopped Neil and shook his hand before that game to catch up, too.

Big John Scott awaits the opportunity.

John Scott is like Chara in the sense that because of their height they win, but if they were even 6'2 they'd more than likely get their ass beat every time.

hefsbeaver

Jun 20, 2009
i remember when he first came to pg in juniors, he could barely stand on his feet on the ice and then Stan Butler (the coach at the time) put him in boxing lessons to work on his foot work. After that he was pretty tough to beat in a fight. I even remember him picking a guy off the bottom of a pile and standing him up just to destroy him. The guy was punching but chara just held him at arms length and the puches were coming up about 6 inches short. It was pretty cool to watch as a home town fan

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
I remember it well, he was a Habs, fight went so so and when ref came in, Chara sucker punch him.. Piece of sh...

If Chara sucker punched somebody on the Habs I'm sure they absolutely did nothing to instigate or deserve it.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Wow...

Yes Chara picks his fights, he does not fight everyone, who ever say he doesn't pick his fights has some kind of yellow and black glasses on.

And why wouldn't he? He doesn't want to go off the ice for 5 minutes so Colton Orr can go off the ice for 5 minutes.

redsox7327

Sep 10, 2011
I didn't read all of the posts here, but there are 2 different Charas. One is where he is just going through the motions in a fight and one where you piss him off and he turns WARRIOR MODE on. You can distinguish WARRIOR MODE from his other modes because if you watch the replay you will see something distinctive done by his opponent that induces a SUDDEN CHANGE in Chara's facial expression. Then, the dead giveaway that he is in WARRIOR MODE is that he will start swinging with BOTH HANDS. At this point, he basically doesn't give a **** what kind of destruction he causes and everyone just needs to get out of the way because he will have no sympathy or care in this mode. Chara HAS NEVER LOST A FIGHT in this mode. However, he's had a couple draws or slight losses when he's just going through the motion. WARRIOR MODE is one of the coolest, most exciting things in hockey to watch and it's a treat to see it from Chara as long as no one gets seriously injured... Then it's just unfortunate.

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
Only to Venus, God of Beauty.

There's only one Bruin who's won 100% of his fights and thats Bergeron :sarcasm:

:laugh::laugh:

I didn't read all of the posts here, but there are 2 different Charas. One is where he is just going through the motions in a fight and one where you piss him off and he turns WARRIOR MODE on. You can distinguish WARRIOR MODE from his other modes because if you watch the replay you will see something distinctive done by his opponent that induces a SUDDEN CHANGE in Chara's facial expression. Then, the dead giveaway that he is in WARRIOR MODE is that he will start swinging with BOTH HANDS. At this point, he basically doesn't give a **** what kind of destruction he causes and everyone just needs to get out of the way because he will have no sympathy or care in this mode. Chara HAS NEVER LOST A FIGHT in this mode. However, he's had a couple draws or slight losses when he's just going through the motion. WARRIOR MODE is one of the coolest, most exciting things in hockey to watch and it's a treat to see it from Chara as long as no one gets seriously injured... Then it's just unfortunate.

This best explains it IMO.. Spot on, spot on..

As far as Chara goes though, I would absolutely love it if Myers ever grows a pair and goes toe-to-toe with him.. Deep down inside somewhere Myers has a little bit of a meanstreak waiting to be unleashed. ATM Robyn Regehr is helping him get to that point. Better sooner then later too ..

:nod::yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad