Has Chara ever lost a fight?

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
I like Chara as a player but he is vastly overrated as a fighter. He can beat up "middleweights" just because of his massive size advantage but he hasn't fought a legitimate heavyweight in years and when he used to fight heavies he struggled quite a bit losing to Darren Langdon three times, Peter Worrell twice, Darcy Hordichuk, Andrei Nazarov, Brad Brown and getting TKO'd by Scott Parker.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
Barnaby didn't kick his ass. Chara lost his footing, and he clearly dominated that fight. Not that it was much of one. But he had the size to his advantage and the reach. Unfair to Barnaby, albeit, he did start the fight.

Bruins 911*

Yep....the 2 times him and Laraque squared off, Chara grabbed Georges and pulled him to the ice first thing. The fact that he wouldn't square off with Laraque, makes him a loser to me!! Chara has never fought any big heavy-weights either....one of the biggest known fighters he actually went toe-to-toe with was Raitis Ivanans and Chara jumped him, landed a couple smashes and the fight was over....but other than that, Chara has only fought with nobody's so he could fling them around (Bryan McCabe) or jumped them before their gloves were off (Ivanans).

Chara is like Lucic. They pick and choose who and when they fight and never take on anybody that is a better fighter than themselves.

tumblr_lkpgjkqC6z1qbfk8t.jpg

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
For some people every time Chara and his opponent make a draw it's a loss for Chara.

For some people every time Chara and his opponent loose balance it's Chara's fault. While it was obvious that Brashear played a huggy bear.

Chara lost some fights when he was younger. Last time he lost a fight was in 2002 against Peter Worell.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Chara's summer was constantly a hard training. He trained greco-roman wrestling with his father and used those skills to eliminate an opponent during hockey game.

When he went overseas, his father accompanied him with three wishes:
Most important wish was that he will never become a fighter and he remains a hockey player. Second wish was a hat-trick and third wish was a Stanley Cup on Trencin Castle.
Read more: http://hokej.sme.sk/c/5917516/chara-stoji-pred-dalsim-everestom.html#ixzz1O8mBKfvJ
Try to take it through translate.google.com

Note: his father competed during 1976 on Summer Olympic in greco-roman wrestling. That fact togheter with first wish says a lot about Chara's fighting. He uses his size to gain an advantage and clearly wants not to fight (is better when he is on the ice rather than in penalty box).
So yeah, I agree he is not good fighter, but I disagree with his weak balance. He falls on ice with his opponent on purpose, not because of his weak balance.

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
This Thread should be called,is there ever a winner? Everyone is scared to let it go and get clocked,and due to his Wreslting background he has a solid grip.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Chara is dangerous because of his reach, and willingness to throw something either before the fight has started or after it has finished.

Seems to protect himself well, even when he goes down after losing his balance. (fight with Neil notwithstanding)

So he's a good fighter, though a little unorthodox...and obviously a better hockey player.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Chara vs Oliwa

Sadly only happened once, but Oliwa tried to fight him a few times when Chara was with the Isles. I think Chara was actually scared to fight him. The one fight they did have was all Oliwa with Chara falling and pulling Oliwa down with him.

Chara isn't unbeatable, there are much tougher fighters around.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Main thing i hate about Chara is he doesnt know when to stop. He likes to throw extra punches while the player is going down and/or in a vulnerable position.

With the Neil fight, he gives props to him for holding up and not punching while he was down....why not try it a bit yourself Chara?

Other than that, i dont mind the guy.

chara4xh.jpg

I think this shoots down your theory

TyMy57

Enroth is God
Jun 29, 2011
Buffalo

I wasnt gonna say anything in this thread...then i saw this video.

Is that announcer Pejorative Slured? "I don't think anyone heard the whistle." Really dummy? I heard the whistle on the video! Some announcers are just so damn biased to their teams they make fools of themselves.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hard to beat a guy that you have to start a fight with by saying "excuse me a moment while I go to the bench and get a step stool"

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Darcy Hordichuk, good prairie farmboy, took him down, Parker definitely beat him. Still Chara is tough customer, I wouldn't want to trade haymakers with him. Who do you think woud win between Chara and Rypien?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad