Has Chara ever lost a fight?

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
He just went with Shelley

Nothing fight, they both threw some jab punches, both missed.. And Chara just fell on top of Shelley.

Crap fight, kinda crappy watching Chara just go for the end so quickly by falling on top of him.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
He just went with Shelley

Nothing fight, they both threw some jab punches, both missed.. And Chara just fell on top of Shelley.

Crap fight, kinda crappy watching Chara just go for the end so quickly by falling on top of him.

A nothing fight? Lol. Chara just used Shelleys dome as a speed bag

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.

Ya, no...

you the same guy thats getting tuned up for saying the same thing on HockeyFights?

Chara completely outsized and out muscled Shelley, and basically traded jersey jabs and then bailed out at the end by falling on him.

complete draw, kind of a disappointment. Video should be up soon.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
this game may get ugly, already 3-0 Boston.

*EDIT* Nevermind, refs seem to be aware, and have already started calling the ticky-tack ****.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

Is that you Jack Edwards? Chara did his usual...jersey gabs then as soon ha Shelley got loose and landed a shot Chara tackled him.

I am not either guy won, it was a nothing fight but Chara isn't dumb. He doesn't take any chances. As soon as it might get a little scary he bails. I don't blame him. Shelley for Chara is a lousey trade off to begin with then risk getting hit with a bomb from a guy with knockout power. It's not worth it.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Is that you Jack Edwards? Chara did his usual...jersey gabs then as soon ha Shelley got loose and landed a shot Chara tackled him.

I am not either guy won, it was a nothing fight but Chara isn't dumb. He doesn't take any chances. As soon as it might get a little scary he bails. I don't blame him. Shelley for Chara is a lousey trade off to begin with then risk getting hit with a bomb from a guy with knockout power. It's not worth it.

your giving shelley way to much credit as a fighter.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I would have liked to see Chara keep the fight going but if he let Shelly get loose again he would be taking a risk.

Obviously, it was the right decision because the Bruins scored afterwards.

Killerguitar101*

Chara has selective balance issues. He's good when he fights Jay Harrison and Max Pacioretty, but he has balance issues against Chris Neil and Georges Laraque... the best way not to get pounded in the face.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Chara isn't even the toughest guy on his team.

He will never get destroyed in a fight because he is not on his feet long enough for that to happen. In the few videos posted here that demonstrate a Chara loss, they all seem to feature one good shot with him going down as a result. He can't take a good shot and he can't stay on his feet against the seasoned fighters who have masterful balance. See his fights against George Laraque for an example. This seems to be the case only against the real heavy weights of the league, who Chara probably shouldn't even be fighting.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
the Chara Shelly fight had nothing to do with balance, Chara was almost ragdolling Shelly, there was no way Shelly was going to win no matter how much longer they stayed up, Chara outmuscled him and then threw him down, not a TKO or anything in technical terms, but Chara clearly dominated and won this fight, if it was MMA it would have been ground and pound within 30 seconds

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
the Chara Shelly fight had nothing to do with balance, Chara was almost ragdolling Shelly, there was no way Shelly was going to win no matter how much longer they stayed up, Chara outmuscled him and then threw him down, not a TKO or anything in technical terms, but Chara clearly dominated and won this fight, if it was MMA it would have been ground and pound within 30 seconds

huh?
it's not MMA though and the object is to stay on your feet. No one is saying he lost the fight but he never lets it get into question because always either falls down or takes his opponent down. As soon as Shelley hit him with one punch Chara went for the take down.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I would have liked to see Chara keep the fight going but if he let Shelly get loose again he would be taking a risk.

Obviously, it was the right decision because the Bruins scored afterwards.

Shelley isn't a great fighter any longer but he can certainly still knock someone out. Ask Colton Orr.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Chara hit Shelley in the face with his left with short jabs about 10000 times. Did you even watch the fight people? Not land a punch my dick.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Chara hit Shelley in the face with his left with short jabs about 10000 times. Did you even watch the fight people? Not land a punch my dick.

Nobody is denying he threw 10000 jersey jabs. That's great but as soon as he took one punch he folded up tent and went for the take down.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Nobody is denying he threw 10000 jersey jabs. That's great but as soon as he took one punch he folded up tent and went for the take down.

your right, he is a terrible fighter, not tough at all. once he took that punch he was scared ****less of shelley and figured it was best for him to get out of there alive. feel better? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad