Has Chara ever lost a fight?

ManicMoonlight

Jul 17, 2011
Chara doesn't fight because he knows he's too valuable to his team to be gone for 5 minutes; which is the same reason he usually bails on a fight if he feels he's in trouble. It has nothing to do with him being a coward or anything like that.

Pleky Roks

Apr 29, 2010
I didn't read all of the posts here, but there are 2 different Charas. One is where he is just going through the motions in a fight and one where you piss him off and he turns WARRIOR MODE on. You can distinguish WARRIOR MODE from his other modes because if you watch the replay you will see something distinctive done by his opponent that induces a SUDDEN CHANGE in Chara's facial expression. Then, the dead giveaway that he is in WARRIOR MODE is that he will start swinging with BOTH HANDS. At this point, he basically doesn't give a **** what kind of destruction he causes and everyone just needs to get out of the way because he will have no sympathy or care in this mode. Chara HAS NEVER LOST A FIGHT in this mode. However, he's had a couple draws or slight losses when he's just going through the motion. WARRIOR MODE is one of the coolest, most exciting things in hockey to watch and it's a treat to see it from Chara as long as no one gets seriously injured... Then it's just unfortunate.

Warrior mode??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....dumbest thing I've heard in a long time!!

Chara can't fight...PERIOD!!! He DOES fight once in a while...and if he grabs a non-fighter who is around 6 feet tall and 200 lbs...Chara usually wins. If someone 6'4 220lbs or bigger grabs onto Chara, he throws a few punches and then usually drags the other person to the ice, ending the fight, but that definitely doesn't mean he won the fight.

Mr Atoz*

He doesn't lose many, he also doesn't win many. He's a poor fighter, he usually falls to the ice pretty quickly... his balance is so-so

Being that chara's a professional hockey player and also a wrestler, you have to figure that he falls down on purpose.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I dont think somebody buckled charas knees

trenin did

Chara got buckled a decade or so ago against Koci but won the fight on damage; that's the fight that Koci's face exploded.

Great punch here by Trenin but a bit on the lucky side too. Kid had his head down and blindly throwing them. Chara also was just a couple of weeks removed from having jaw surgery. Still a great moment for him and one to tell the grandkids about. Watching the fight again, I'd give it a draw - Chara was handling the fight fairly easily but Trenin landed the most clean punch of the fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fazkovsky

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He loses his balance against strong opponents. I remember Laraque wrestling him down a bunch, but it was mostly just using his height against him.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Francis Lessard beat him up. Chara is not a very good fighter. When he started he looked like a giraffe out there. Immediately falling down after getting punched. There are just not many tough guys left in the NHL anymore, so who would he even fight, let alone lose to now?

Reactions: El Cohiba

El Cohiba

Jul 3, 2011
under the sunshine
I second those who state that Chara isn't a good fighter. He really isn't. Hard to lose when you have a tremendous size advantage over all of your opponents. This is a prime example as to why professional fighting has weight classes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad