Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
1-1

Poor defensive effort, letting The TBirds settle and ultimately score a gritty goal. Rykov list his stick & wasn’t able to clear the man from the crease

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
2-1 TBirds now

Pack falling asleep here. Two quick ones. LoVerde missed a pinch in the neutral zone led to a two on one

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
End of the 1st, 2-1 Pack losing.

Great start to the game. They had control for most of the first 10 minutes, but fell apart in the last 5 or so. Their passes aren’t crisp & they keep poking rather than using their speed & bodies to take control. Berube didn’t really have much of a chance on both goals, but he looks really shaky. Glove hand isn’t strong. Rykov is playing, but obviously doesn’t look 100%. LoVerde was probably the worst one on the ice in decision making. Thought the best player that period was O’Regan. Smart with the puck & has some speed & grit to his game. Gropp is also playing well creating chances & driving through bodies. Raddysh impressed me a lot that period. Joined the rush & is hard to knock off the puck. Is strong in the corners, too.

this is a very systems team, not much skill going on, which is killing their offense

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
End of the 1st, 2-1 Pack losing.

Great start to the game. They had control for most of the first 10 minutes, but fell apart in the last 5 or so. Their passes aren’t crisp & they keep poking rather than using their speed & bodies to take control. Berube didn’t really have much of a chance on both goals, but he looks really shaky. Glove hand isn’t strong. Rykov is playing, but obviously doesn’t look 100%. LoVerde was probably the worst one on the ice in decision making. Thought the best player that period was O’Regan. Smart with the puck & has some speed & grit to his game. Gropp is also playing well creating chances & driving through bodies. Raddysh impressed me a lot that period. Joined the rush & is hard to knock off the puck. Is strong in the corners, too.

this is a very systems team, not much skill going on, which is killing their offense

Thanks for the updates!

Reactions: Joey Bones

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
3-1 end of 2nd, Pack still losing....

Their passes are so awfully off tonight, they’re creating nothing offensively. Think TBirds staff knows that Rykov is playing hurt bcuz they keep bruising him up. LoVerde is so awfully bad tonight. Hajek looked better that period defensively as did Raddysh again. Ronning is so quick and smart defensively but has too much junior level offense to his game. Kravtsov still trying to deke around players, needs to get stronger & faster.

Here’s hoping they can get their heads out their asses

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The Pack roster is starting to look a bit like those shitty teams of the past with how thinned out it has gotten.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
After a few hours away from that shit game, I realize that this team was primarily carried by Shesterkin. They beat themselves offensively trying to shoot through people. The amount of times they missed the net is groundbreaking. Think they had more misses than on net. And their PP was god awful. TBirds ended up with more chances than they did. Maybe sending down DiGiuseppe would help, but he’s deserving his minutes with the Rangers.

Defensively they were so sloppy and weak. They couldn’t clear any of the TBirds players from the crease tonight. LoVerde was SO BAD with his decision making and Rykov looked like he was playing hurt.

Berube I’ll give the benefit of the doubt, most of the goals given up weren’t all his fault. I will say though that he didn’t look good. Dropping easy shots that should be covered, letting easy dump-ins slide by him rather stopping them, etc. Hell he even flubbed a shot from the red line tonight and almost went in. With all that said, he does do a good job tracking the puck through screens. There were a couple of times where there was a double or triple screen & was still able to make the save. All in all, not the best debut, but it’s game No. 1 on a new team. Has to watch video and learn the system.

Honestly the only good player, for me, was Raddysh. Surprisingly kept up with the play, bruised some guys when he had to and joined the rush on offense and got back to play defense when they got caught missing the net. Likes to chirp too so he’s got a place in my book. Would like to see how he does in NHL action.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
After a few hours away from that shit game, I realize that this team was primarily carried by Shesterkin...

Thanks JB
Yes the Pack arent the same team who dominated the season's first 6 weeks, and of course Shesty was a huge part of that.
But other key early season guys were also absent last night.

If Friday's lineup had featured Chytil, PdG, Nieves, Lindgren and Keane, along w Igor, you might seen a more competitive Pack.

Right now they're a shallow team. Gauthier likely joins soon.
Maybe TDL brings some help.
(?Howden finally?)
And come March they begin adding UDFAs, and drafted ATOs like Robertson,
Maybe Tarmo swings back

But for near term,
they need to be better w who they have,
they need more clutch saves,
they need more from Hajek and Rykov,
much much more from all the young Fs - Krav, Getts/Gropp/Ronning, Jones/Elmer/Newell

The early success gives them a nice cushion, but now they need to win w this lineup down the stretch

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Thanks JB
Yes the Pack arent the same team who dominated the season's first 6 weeks, and of course Shesty was a huge part of that.
But other key early season guys were also absent last night.

If Friday's lineup had featured Chytil, PdG, Nieves, Lindgren and Keane, along w Igor, you might seen a more competitive Pack.

Right now they're a shallow team. Gauthier likely joins soon.
Maybe TDL brings some help.
(?Howden finally?)
And come March they begin adding UDFAs, and drafted ATOs like Robertson,
Maybe Tarmo swings back

But for near term,
they need to be better w who they have,
they need more clutch saves,
they need more Hajek and Rykov,
much much more from all the young Fs - Krav, Getts/Gropp/Ronning, Jones/Elmer/Newell

The early success gives them a nice cushion, but now they need to win w this lineup down the stretch
I agree with your conclusion, but I doubt you see anyone on the current Rangers roster go to HFD any time soon unless/until maybe once/if they are eliminated from playoff contention...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, the absence of their better forwards from earlier on isn't helping them.

Missing two top line forwards, and two Top 4 D, plus your All-Star goalie?

That's gonna hurt no matter what.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
They’ll make the playoffs still. And if the Rangers dont what is the eligible list of players to go down?

Diguiseppe
Chytil
Lindgren
Gauthier
Igor

Do i have that right? Kakko and Fox are not, correct. Not that Fox would need the time, he would be better served resting. Even Lindgren too.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
They’ll make the playoffs still. And if the Rangers dont what is the eligible list of players to go down?

Diguiseppe
Chytil
Lindgren
Gauthier
Igor

Do i have that right? Kakko and Fox are not, correct. Not that Fox would need the time, he would be better served resting. Even Lindgren too.
The only guy I’d consider sending down would be Gauthier, if there’s anything “system-y” he could work on. The other guys have nothing really to gain from going down and I’d prefer to keep them looking forward, not back. Stacking the Wolfpack shouldn’t be a priority. Just my humble opinion.

(Not implying you’re saying they should or shouldn’t send down anyone, btw).

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Do i have that right? Kakko and Fox are not, correct.

Aside from the resting argument, I see no reason why they aren't eligible. CapFriendly has 'em all as waiver exempt.

Kakko's age may be an issue? I thought non-NA rookies can play in the AHL at 18.

The only guy I’d consider sending down would be Gauthier, if there’s anything “system-y” he could work on. The other guys have nothing really to gain from going down and I’d prefer to keep them looking forward, not back. Stacking the Wolfpack shouldn’t be a priority. Just my humble opinion.

(Not implying you’re saying they should or shouldn’t send down anyone, btw).

I thought the context is Rangers don't make the POs, and Hartford does. Then I would definitely stack the Pack and go get that Calder Cup 2020 BAAAABAAAYYY!!!!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
As has been stated before, for anyone to be eligible for the Calder Playoffs, they have to be on the roster on a certain date that falls after the NHL trade deadline. The Rangers can make paper transactions to accomplish this, but the Rangers are also limited to four non-emergency call ups. So if we send down four current roster players and end up needing to bring someone up, it has to be one of those guys; if one of those guys (say Lindgren) were to get hurt, we'd have to bring up someone else like Raddysh or Ebert or whatever.

I think it's more likely we end up acquiring some AHL depth in a few trades and then sending down Gauthier. I don't think they send down Chytil or Lindgren or anything like that. Fox and Kakko, no way. Those guys will get rest or be used for a playoff run if we're still somehow in it.

Shesterkin is the only interesting one. He's obviously too good for the AHL, but it would be a way to get him additional starts and give him his first true heavy workload. I don't think it's likely but it if happened, I would understand why.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
After a few hours away from that shit game, I realize that this team was primarily carried by Shesterkin. They beat themselves offensively trying to shoot through people. The amount of times they missed the net is groundbreaking. Think they had more misses than on net. And their PP was god awful. TBirds ended up with more chances than they did. Maybe sending down DiGiuseppe would help, but he’s deserving his minutes with the Rangers.

Defensively they were so sloppy and weak. They couldn’t clear any of the TBirds players from the crease tonight. LoVerde was SO BAD with his decision making and Rykov looked like he was playing hurt.

Berube I’ll give the benefit of the doubt, most of the goals given up weren’t all his fault. I will say though that he didn’t look good. Dropping easy shots that should be covered, letting easy dump-ins slide by him rather stopping them, etc. Hell he even flubbed a shot from the red line tonight and almost went in. With all that said, he does do a good job tracking the puck through screens. There were a couple of times where there was a double or triple screen & was still able to make the save. All in all, not the best debut, but it’s game No. 1 on a new team. Has to watch video and learn the system.

Honestly the only good player, for me, was Raddysh. Surprisingly kept up with the play, bruised some guys when he had to and joined the rush on offense and got back to play defense when they got caught missing the net. Likes to chirp too so he’s got a place in my book. Would like to see how he does in NHL action.

Thanks for the analysis JB!

I’m at the game tonight and I can’t say that anyone is standing out for me, either. Hajek is disappointing, he should have been clearing the crease on their second goal. Wish he looked more dominant at this level. Kravtsov’s line with Fogarty has had some good pressure, but Kravtsov has had some dangerous turnovers as well.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Kravtsov gets a secondary assist on a weird Lettieri goal where he banked it off of Tokarski’s back. Kravtsov probably deserves the point, he was their most dangerous player on the PP in the 2nd. Game is tied 2-2 after 2.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
LoVerde (I think?) trips in OT and the Penguins get a breakaway going the other way. Lettieri trips up the Penguins player on the breakaway and it’s a penalty shot. Huska can’t stop it and the Pack lose 4-3 in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad