OT - NO POLITICS Happy Holidays and the end of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I guess the humor went over my head.
The FBI, ATF , and BPD did an outstanding job here with the marathon bombing.

My bud, and next door neighbor, an ATF special agent didnt come home or sleep for 72 hours then.

I'm glad thats your take on them.

However discussing my views on them would break the rules of this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've lived here since 2007 and have never eaten at the local burger joint we went to today.

Their specialty is jumbo stuffed burgers. They stuff it with American cheese or another cheese of your choice and then top it with whatever you want. We all got 1/2 pound burgers which were plenty big, but they also serve 3/4 pound burgers. o_O. My nephew got mushroom and Swiss, my brother actually got a lamb burger.

I suspect I'll be going back again, someday. lol

20201226_115009.jpg
20201226_115024.jpg

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm glad thats your take on them.

However discussing my views on them would break the rules of this thread.

Those who glorify, look up to, live on the fringe of, or even actively cross, the other side of the line, often have negative views of those in law enforcement.

I for one, feel that is a good thing. This is not to say there are no bad apples, or that politics never take precedence over justice sometimes. But I stand by my sentiments about over-arching views such as yours.

Last edited:

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
what dealings with the FBI and ATF could you have possibly had? Are you just saying they do a bad job in general?

Never had any experience with them in a professional manner but I cannot recommend the FBI tour in DC enough. The people I spoke with there were super humble, friendly and engaging.

I think, just like in everything, we focus so much on the negatives and failures we forget about the other 99 percent of the time where we take them for granted.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've lived here since 2007 and have never eaten at the local burger joint we went to today.

Their specialty is jumbo stuffed burgers. They stuff it with American cheese or another cheese of your choice and then top it with whatever you want. We all got 1/2 pound burgers which were plenty big, but they also serve 3/4 pound burgers. o_O. My nephew got mushroom and Swiss, my brother actually got a lamb burger.

View attachment 380587 View attachment 380588

I haven’t seen crinkle fries with restaurant food in years :amazed:

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I am thankful the perpetrator had enough heart to send out warnings consistently before his bomb went off. Also, choosing the best time of the year to do it with the least amount of people in the area. I have no doubt it saved lives.

Now the conversation starts on dispelling this 5G nonsense that has swept the world far more than it should. It was a serious issue in Britian for awaile. Propigated and foamented by social media.

Where do you draw the line at free speech and inciting hysteria?

Reactions: Bocephus86

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I guess the humor went over my head.
The FBI, ATF , and BPD did an outstanding job here with the marathon bombing.

My bud, and next door neighbor, an ATF special agent didnt come home or sleep for 72 hours then.
Well said Wally. The way they worked in synchrony with each other was reassuring and refreshing.

It appears that they have taken the same investigative approach in Nashville and appear to have several credible leads.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Was it foreign terrorists ?
Nope. Stuff like this almost is always domestic in nature.

Domestic terrorism is on the rise in this country and we should be more concerned with these types of attacks than foreign ones. FBI has been warning about it for quite some time.

Not getting into it any further as it would cross the line.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

View attachment 380587 View attachment 380588

They’re everywhere in Vegas. It re-ignited my love for them.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We hit another hole in the wall restaurant, thanks to my brother lol. It's just off to the side of a gas station convenience store. Family-owned barbecue joint.

Barbecue burrito and barbecue nachos. And my niece got the most enormous chicken tenders I've ever seen. :laugh:

received_821932345037534.jpeg
received_919816805220821.jpeg
20201227_124322.jpg

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Reactions: LSCII

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Humorist Dave Barry always writes a review about the year that is ending

We’re trying to think of something nice to say about 2020.
OK, here goes: Nobody got killed by the murder hornets. As far as we know.
That’s pretty much it.

In the past, writing these annual reviews, we have said harsh things about previous years. We owe those years an apology. Compared to 2020, all previous years, even the Disco Era, were the golden age of human existence.

This was a year of nonstop awfulness, a year when we kept saying it couldn’t possibly get worse, and it always did. This was a year in which our only moments of genuine, unadulterated happiness were when we were able to buy toilet paper.

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article247890015.html

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Coverage on CNN right now.

They tried a robot, now bomb squad about to move in.

Those bomb squad guys must have nerves of steel. I can't imagine doing that job.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm off work until January 4th, I think I'm going to sleep from now until then. Then maybe I can miss whatever craziness remains in 2020.

Wake me up if Chara comes back before then.

Reactions: eightspokedb

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Coverage on CNN right now.

They tried a robot, now bomb squad about to move in.

Those bomb squad guys must have nerves of steel. I can't imagine doing that job.
They have my upmost respect. I could never do what they do.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
My girl wanna go out to dinner. Someone suggested staying in but we are doing that NYE. However............in the 2020 covid days IDK how you even go out to dinner. Out here some places you can just walk in and other places you need a reservation.

Dont feel like going out unless its to support a local business which I did yesterday with my friends BOBA shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad