OT - NO POLITICS Happy Holidays and the end of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I just got bad news about a STH B's friend.

Steve has ST and has since the old Garden . He sits in the balcony over one of the goals (where the B's shoot twice) in the last row where he stands up against the wall.

Years ago we got talking outside the gate (waiting for them to open) and it has been the tradition along with Nick (who once in awhile posts here) for years. We meet up before every game. He loves big Z.

Nick just let me know Steve has COVID and is on a ventilator and it looks bad. He does have a few health issues.

Please send healing thoughts and prayers for Steve. Most here would like him...Good guy.
Aww man. Sending healing thoughts his way...

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
We are getting tested weekly at work now. Self administered nose swab, wasn’t too bad. They hope this will
Limit unsympathetic spread. I give them credit as it’s costing them a lot of $$ but I think they realized that states are not going to shut down like they did in March and having a construction site have to close for two weeks due to the managers being quarantined would be worse.
Wait, what? Construction has to follow OSHA no matter what state they are in. We work in 4 different states and I have 4 Covid plans for each of those states to show for it. Each based on OSHA regs which are stricter than all except CA. we work.there too and they just changed things so i now have to update our CA one tomorrow actualy and redo training. I really hate CA, Newsoms pompous ass mostly actually. We just got our first notifcation of a positive person who was on one our job sites in December today. None of our crews were in that persons area of job site for longer than 15 mins tho so yay, no worries. I'm astounded not all states oshas are operating with same standards.

Reactions: BMC

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
2020 has been a year like no other. For many reasons it has been a year to forget. World shut down. Loved ones' lives lost. Jobs lost.
But not everything in 2020 was bad. For many good reasons it has also been a year to remember. A reminder to slow down. More family time. All of the heroic essential workers.

This is my new song, "Year To Remember", a reflection on 2020. Wanted to share it with my fellow Bruins fans.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Steve has ST and has since the old Garden . He sits in the balcony over one of the goals (where the B's shoot twice) in the last row where he stands up against the wall.

Years ago we got talking outside the gate (waiting for them to open) and it has been the tradition along with Nick (who once in awhile posts here) for years. We meet up before every game. He loves big Z.

Nick just let me know Steve has COVID and is on a ventilator and it looks bad. He does have a few health issues.

Please send healing thoughts and prayers for Steve. Most here would like him...Good guy.
I hope he pulls through. He's such a great guy

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

Bad stuff. Hope he pulls through.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I loved my Saturn but 3 years ago it had had it
I bought mine used in 2011 with somewhere around 42,000 miles on it. It has a little over 105,000 now. I really just need to run it as long as I can, because I love the whole "no car payment" situation. But honestly, the thought of owning a car with at least Bluetooth capabilities is nice sometimes. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Sending Healing Blessings....

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I am so sorry to hear this, I am sending healing thoughts and hoping the best for your friend. Hugs xoxoxoxo

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I just need to get through today. I really should have taken the day off

I would have never gotten through losing my dad 5 years ago without this place. So many amazing people who reached out then and who continue to do so now. I am forever grateful.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I was craving a double choc donut with choc sprinkles this morning from gourmet donuts.
Was so good but now Im disgusted with myself for eating it.
I do this all the time.lol.
not eating again until after work.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I bought mine used in 2011 with somewhere around 42,000 miles on it. It has a little over 105,000 now. I really just need to run it as long as I can, because I love the whole "no car payment" situation. But honestly, the thought of owning a car with at least Bluetooth capabilities is nice sometimes. :laugh:

I owned my Jeep Cherokee for 15 years before it shit the bed and I had to look for a new vehicle. The prices of new vehicles was a tremendous shock to say the least :eek2:. I ended up borrowing Dad's car for 18 months before I found my 2011 Ranger. By that point I had decided there was no way I was going to pay 400-500+ a month for a new vehicle that would lose a ton of value the minute I drove it off the lot. I doubt I ever buy a brand new vehicle again.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'll keep him & his family in my prayers.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I owned my Jeep Cherokee for 15 years before it shit the bed and I had to look for a new vehicle. The prices of new vehicles was a tremendous shock to say the least :eek2:. I ended up borrowing Dad's car for 18 months before I found my 2011 Ranger. By that point I had decided there was no way I was going to pay 400-500+ a month for a new vehicle that would lose a ton of value the minute I drove it off the lot. I doubt I ever buy a brand new vehicle again.
Yeah, I don't see myself actually buying a new car. As you said, the payments are ridiculous. I was looking at the new Equinox online because that's what my brother rented when he came down for Christmas, and I liked it. But when I inevitably have to get something else, it will likely be used.

I will say, as much as I like all the gadgetry, all I can think about is what happens when it goes on the fritz and you have to get it fixed. The days of roll-up windows don't look so bad then lol.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah, I don't see myself actually buying a new car. As you said, the payments are ridiculous. I was looking at the new Equinox online because that's what my brother rented when he came down for Christmas, and I liked it. But when I inevitably have to get something else, it will likely be used.

I will say, as much as I like all the gadgetry, all I can think about is what happens when it goes on the fritz and you have to get it fixed. The days of roll-up windows don't look so bad then lol.

Speak of the devil. The drivers window in my car is starting to go lol. It goes down fine. Of course. Usually takes a few clicks of the switch to get it to roll up though. I know how this goes; rainstorm, McDonalds drive through, car full of kids, and it’s finally gonna quit on me.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Speak of the devil. The drivers window in my car is starting to go lol. It goes down fine. Of course. Usually takes a few clicks of the switch to get it to roll up though. I know how this goes; rainstorm, McDonalds drive through, car full of kids, and it’s finally gonna quit on me.

Of this I have zero doubt. No shot it craps the bed on you when it doesn't matter. Has to be when it's pouring and you've just put it down. lol

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
COVID Vaccine update:

Hannaford has been added to the list of approved vaccine centerpoint when Maine reaches Phase II(State is in the midst of Phase 1A);

SOURCE Hearst Portland/WEBB B 98.5 Waterville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad