Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
COVID test came back negative :)

I am glad that I went and got a test for peace of mind.

Definitely. Work wants us tested monthly at worst. Weekly encouraged. I'll split the difference and do every couple weeks. Certainly isn't pleasant.

We've had 3 cases where an asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic employee has done the rapid test at work and was able to be sent home before coming into close contact with others.

To this point we've had no verified employee to employee transmission. It's reassuring.

Reactions: Alicat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Body cam footage from one of the officers that walked right by the RV a minute or two before it exploded :eek:

Go to about the 2:40 mark:

"I just found out that building I was next to houses the hard lines for phones in the southeast"

"Makes sense, if it's about to be a bomb"

o_O

3:34: "we don't need fire on standby at this time"

3:54: explosion

Last edited:
Reactions: eightspokedb

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Disney is in panic mode as DREW is winning head to head against Kelly and Ryan at 9 AM in Philadelphia, Boston AND New York
1f633.png

133957016_10222824539254755_2969065458831488919_n.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Definitely. Work wants us tested monthly at worst. Weekly encouraged. I'll split the difference and do every couple weeks. Certainly isn't pleasant.

We've had 3 cases where an asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic employee has done the rapid test at work and was able to be sent home before coming into close contact with others.

To this point we've had no verified employee to employee transmission. It's reassuring.
I didn't mind the one I did since I could control it. My only "side effect" from the test was itchy ears. It went away after an hour or 2.

I think your plan of every few weeks is a solid plan. I'd be doing the same if I had to be in the office.

We've had a few people get it in our office but they have recovered thankfully.

Hopefully once we hit this upcoming peak cases start dropping as people get vaccinated.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Boston Athletic Association aka the presenters of the Boston Marathon delay announcement of 2021 date (normally Patriots Day) Until early in 2021

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Question for any car guys/gals out there:

I have a 2008 Saturn. Today it gave me a "check air bag" message when I started it up, and the little air bag warning light stayed on until I got to my chiropractor.

When I came back out and started it up again, no message and no light. Same after I stopped to check my mail.

So do I need to have it looked at, or not? :huh:

Is this one of those "we'll tear apart your dashboard just to tell you everything is fine, please fork over $500" deals?

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Question for any car guys/gals out there:

I have a 2008 Saturn. Today it gave me a "check air bag" message when I started it up, and the little air bag warning light stayed on until I got to my chiropractor.

When I came back out and started it up again, no message and no light. Same after I stopped to check my mail.

So do I need to have it looked at, or not? :huh:

Is this one of those "we'll tear apart your dashboard just to tell you everything is fine, please fork over $500" deals?
Your car goes through a self-diagnosis routine when it starts, and various trouble lights get lit when something is wrong. If it doesn't come back on subsequent times, then it means its passed that self-diagnosis cycle. So it was probably just a false diagnosis, a loose cable, something like that. Personally I wouldn't do anything about it unless it consistently comes on, then the dealer could plug it in and do a full scan and history.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Your car goes through a self-diagnosis routine when it starts, and various trouble lights get lit when something is wrong. If it doesn't come back on subsequent times, then it means its passed that self-diagnosis cycle. So it was probably just a false diagnosis, a loose cable, something like that. Personally I wouldn't do anything about it unless it consistently comes on, then the dealer could plug it in and do a full scan and history.
I suspect it knew I was looking at new cars online last night. :sarcasm:

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
We are getting tested weekly at work now. Self administered nose swab, wasn’t too bad. They hope this will
Limit unsympathetic spread. I give them credit as it’s costing them a lot of $$ but I think they realized that states are not going to shut down like they did in March and having a construction site have to close for two weeks due to the managers being quarantined would be worse.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just got bad news about a STH B's friend.

Steve has ST and has since the old Garden . He sits in the balcony over one of the goals (where the B's shoot twice) in the last row where he stands up against the wall.

Years ago we got talking outside the gate (waiting for them to open) and it has been the tradition along with Nick (who once in awhile posts here) for years. We meet up before every game. He loves big Z.

Nick just let me know Steve has COVID and is on a ventilator and it looks bad. He does have a few health issues.

Please send healing thoughts and prayers for Steve. Most here would like him...Good guy.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Steve has ST and has since the old Garden . He sits in the balcony over one of the goals (where the B's shoot twice) in the last row. Years ago we got talking outside the gate (waiting for them to open) and it has been the tradition along with Nick (who once in awhile posts here). We meet up before every game.

Nick just let me know Steve has COVID and is on a ventilator and it looks bad. He does have a few health issues.

Please send healing thoughts and prayers for Steve. Most here would like him...Good guy.

Awful
:cry:

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Steve has ST and has since the old Garden . He sits in the balcony over one of the goals (where the B's shoot twice) in the last row where he stands up against the wall.

Years ago we got talking outside the gate (waiting for them to open) and it has been the tradition along with Nick (who once in awhile posts here) for years. We meet up before every game. He loves big Z.

sorry Susan...thats horrible.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

:(

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->