Kings News: [Hammond] LA Kings Have Hired Darryl Sutter As New Head Coach

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I'm NOT on board with this move at all. I just see this as a lateral move. I guess I should have known better then to expect Dean to go after anything other than a defensive minded, grind it out, win or lose 2-1 coach. Dean needs to take a long hard look at the roster that HE put together and realize that this team is not currently built to have success with that style. If the hire officially happens I'll do my best to approach things with an open mind, but if this looks like the same team after another 20-25 games, Lombardi better start packing his bags.

you mean he's uglier than clifford? WTF

Lol!

coach-sutter.jpg

SuperAlmeida

Mar 18, 2010
RogMillions Roger Millions
Flames may play Nsh tonight..but you cannot escape DSutter talk. Walked out of rink with Jarome. It's all he talked about! #darrylmania
alex_ruiz Alex Ruiz
RT @RogMillions: Iginla on Darryl likely becoming King's coach. "He's a great Coach. He's strict like, ah Brent. Must run in the family."

Dave33

Jul 8, 2005
So you don't get what you want, but you don't even know you have yet and you start complaining? I'm glad I don't have kids.

Welcome to the world of being a sports fan. Please let us know when it is acceptable to voice our opinions so that we appear less childish in your eyes.

We do have some idea of what we are getting, and it appears to be more of the same. How that is acceptable to anyone is beyond me.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Welcome to the world of being a sports fan. Please let us know when it is acceptable to voice our opinions so that we appear less childish in your eyes.

We do have some idea of what we are getting, and it appears to be more of the same. How that is acceptable to anyone is beyond me.

At least give Sutter a chance before whining starts. :shakehead

2 14 12 34

Nov 4, 2010
This will be a good hire for the Kings. The team has talent but needs to work hard and bring energy every night.

Darryl likes his team to be relentless on the forecheck, with a strong backcheck and good defensive coverage.

If he can get Richards, Brown, Penner going strong on the forecheck and playing a physical game the Kings might turn into the Bruins of the west. I think we will see both Richards and Brown thrive under Sutter as they both seem like Sutter could get the most of them as two-way players.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
That's has to be improvisation by Barry, but hilarious all the same.

Remember that Sutter is the guy that got so fed up with the Calgary PP that he sent 5 defensemen out there to take the Faceoff and play out the rest of it...

tantrum4*

At least give Sutter a chance before whining starts. :shakehead

Exactly. I would hate to live life complaining about every little thing before there's even something to complain about. But to each their own I guess.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
These players sound so damn whiney all the time. Whoever said "this sucks" should be traded.

Agreed, sounds like someone who doesn't want to put any effort in. I'm sure that is one thing the players will miss about Terry Murray, being in the comfort zone knowing that Murray wouldn't challenge them. Can't wait to see Darryl crack the whip on some of these spoiled players.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
That's for to be improvisation by Barry, but hilarious all the same.

Remember that Sutter is the guy that got so fed up with the Calgary PP that he sent 5 defensemen out there to take the Faceoff and play out the rest of it...

He better not keep Kompon on staff then.......

SuperAlmeida

Mar 18, 2010
Barry's blog:

One Kings player told me sarcastically this morning when told Sutter might become the next head coach, “Well, this sure is going to be a blast.”

Another simply said, “This sucks.”

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Agreed, sounds like someone who doesn't want to put any effort in. I'm sure that is one thing the players will miss about Terry Murray, being in the comfort zone knowing that Murray wouldn't challenge them. Can't wait to see Darryl crack the whip on some of these spoiled players.

Amen to that. If it's the same type of system with more passion and accountability then I'm all good with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad